Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2012 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2012 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 2:23 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Great! Happy to hear it.
Christopher
Originally Posted by CL63
Yes, missing points were credited the same day.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 5:49 am

Programs: CX GO, Miles&Smiles Elite, Accor Plus Diamond
Pullman Guangzhou Baiyun airport

What is your A|Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest Room. Upgraded to Executive room

- How are the rooms?
I find the washroom to be small for an executive room

- What was good and what was bad?
Good
Location is the only selling point as I left my room at 7:35am for my 8:30 flight.
Bad
the room was way too warm. Thermostat is useless. I have to turn off the a/c but I was still sweating during my sleep

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
I'd say ok. Just occupied the room for 9 hours, will return if I have to fly out of Baiyun for early morning flight.

Last edited by chentaiman; Apr 10, 2012 at 11:14 am
Old Feb 17, 2012, 7:42 am

Programs: Accor Le Club Advantage Plus Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, SQ KrisFlyer Silver
Smile Pullman Jakarta Central Park

- What is your A|Club status?
Platinum

Yes

Booked a superior twin bed, upgraded to a Deluxe Queen in Executive Floor with Lounge Access.

- How are the rooms?
Good as always, might be a bit small for some. It has an open bath room and the shower is practically in the middle of the room. Need to be aware if you're planning to share with anyone but your spouse.

Platinum recognition, upgrade to executive floor. Very good service in the executive lounge. Didn't get any welcome gift on my most recent stay but I got a calendar last January. Hotel is literally next door to the Central Park shopping mall.

Bad: Traffic Jam, but it's the same anywhere in Jakarta.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Yes. Very good value, booked the standard room on a discounted rate (SQ promotion) and upgraded to an executive floor with lounge.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 5:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Pullman Central Park Jakarta

Platinum

Not quite.

Deluxe. Got upgrade to Executive floor but ended up in a Superior Room because Deluxe rooms don't face the park which is bizarre! Club benefits included.
. Late checkout offered
· Welcome drink given
· Welcome gift promised on Monday as office was closed but was not followed up / given.

- How are the rooms?
Modern and clean (it's a new hotel) but quite a few small issues:

I was given a Superior room when I booked a Deluxe room (but it seems the Superior rooms are better as they face the park!).
· Cups for espresso machine are too big.
· Minibar is overpriced for Indonesia, (e.g. almost 6USD for a can of coca cola!) especially with Hypermarket downstairs, the hotel should consider pricing at more reasonable levels. In addition, on Executive floor, the same drinks are available in the lounge, thus, a complimentary minibar would be better for executive floor.
· Toiletries are standard Pullman ones - usually the Club Floor would have premium toiletries. Bois D’Orange (Roger et Gallet) range is used at the Pullman, Bangkok. Other executive floors usually provide L’Occitane toiletries. I later found out that only the Executive Suites contain the luxury Bois D'Orange toiletries.
· All TV channels were unavailable for short periods one evening (26/01 2am - 3am), then kept coming back on, and off again.
· Broadband and Wireless internet is not up to international standards - it is not possible to play a short YouTube clip without it stopping (on lowest 240 quality).
· Shower oscillates between hot and cold if you turn the water to lukewarm mode.
· Shower door opens inwards which is problematic if you wait for the water to heat up in rainforest mode, as when you get in the shower the outside of the door gets wet and leaks onto the bathroom floor. Also, as the towel rack is positioned on the outside of the shower door, your towel gets wet too!

Housekeeping

Coffee pods not filled up on 2nd day·
On 2nd day, only very small bottles of complimentary water given (half the size of the bottles given on other days)
Cotton buds disposed of when packet not used up, then not replaced for 2 nights.·
Crumbs were still visible under the desk – this area had not been vacuumed properly.·
It took 3 phone calls to arrange a shoe shine (but when it was arranged, it was good).·
One morning, I forgot to put the ‘Do not disturb’ sign on. Housekeeping rang the bell and then opened the door and came in the room while I was just approaching the door to answer it.

Executive lounge·
Egg menu for breakfast would improve the experience.
· Excellent range of fresh juices, however, sometimes it is difficult to know what they are. Labeling them would really help.
· International labeling (English) or multi-lingual would be better, as things like ‘Srikaya Bao’ would not be known by non-Indonesians. Even the Chinese translation ‘Lai Wong Bao’ would not be sufficient. Perhaps ‘Sweet custard bun’ or ‘Milk Yolk Bun’ would be better. Also, there were some English language errors, such as ‘Sweat and Sour Chicken’ (should be ‘sweet’). Once this was pointed out, it was replaced with the Indonesian translation!
· Spoons for the muesli / yoghurt in the small pots should be placed nearby (they are currently near the coffee machine).
· Consider moving the glasses to the same level as the juice.
· Evening cocktails – half way through my stay, the hotel changed its policy for ‘Cocktail Hour’ to only allow the drinks stocked in the lounge to be consumed (previously, any drink on the bar menu was available but these had to be made on the ground floor and took 20 mins to serve each time). Unfortunately, this means that there is a limited range of drinks available compared to other Executive lounges such as other Pullman and Sofitel hotels in Asia. Now, there are no cocktails available and only a limited number of spirits (4 bottles in total on display). The best solution would be to produce a different menu (on 2 pages) with the list of beers, wines, spirits, cocktails and soft drinks available during ‘Cocktail Hour’. This would provide a much better experience for the guest.
· The breakfast range is rather limited compared to Collage restaurant. Although guests on the Executive floor can choose to go to Collage for breakfast, having breakfast in the Executive lounge should provide a more unique experience. Unfortunately, the only difference is that fresh juice is available in the lounge and that the food selection is minimal. This is understandable if the room occupancy is low. However, it might be worthwhile to also have a simple two page breakfast menu in the lounge with the different egg choices and other dishes that are available downstairs in Collage but not in the lounge (e.g. Japanese options, dim sum, waffles, pancakes and so on). Then, the breakfast buffet in the lounge would not serve the hot items but focus more on more pastries, fruit, smoked salmon options.
· The soft drinks often take a while to serve in the lounge if there is no ice available. Sufficient ice should be stored in the executive lounge and one staff member should be able to make simple cocktails there. If soft drinks run low, they should be filled up in the fridge on a regular basis, rather than waiting for a guest to order one and tell them they need to get it from downstairs!
· More choice of business magazines in the lounge, e.g. Economist, could be considered.

Hammam / Changing room in Spa·
My locker didn’t have a towel in it. Had to request one. Extra towels should be made available in the changing room – it appears that the hotel is economizing and not making towels readily available in the changing rooms.
· No water machine available in changing rooms – it is usual for 5-star hotels to provide drinking water in the changing rooms or even some tea, especially after coming out of a steam room.
· The showers in the changing rooms were cold. Even after running the water for 5 minutes on full ‘H’, the water was still cold.
· The design of the entrance had not been given any practical thought. If there are a few guests getting changed in the changing room and a new guest arrives during that time, when the door is opened, those walking down the corridor from the spa towards the life can clearly see inside the changing rooms. This could be potentially embarrassing.
· No tissues are available in the changing rooms.
· There should be a disposable box for the hand towels directly under the sink, as otherwise, the only place to dispose them is in the big basket in the locker area. Perhaps a basket could cover the drain under the sink and be used for disposing of the hand towels.

Positive Aspects of the hotel

Although the points above indicate that the Pullman Central Park Jakarta has not yet reached the level of other Pullman hotels in Asia, it is clear that this hotel has the following advantages that will go a long way in ensuring that it reaches comparable standards:
· The location in Central Park is a great asset to the hotel, as it means that dining and entertainment options and all easily accessible to the guest – something that is rate in Jakarta.
· The staff in all departments strive to make the guest’s stay as relaxing and enjoyable as possible, albeit with some of the constraints outlined above. It is clear that Anya and Helebid (not sure how to spell it but he replaced Anya during the Cocktail hour on Monday and Tuesday and usually works for in-house dining) are an asset to the hotel in that their personal approach to serving guests is both personal and efficient. Among the many hotels I have stayed in, the two employees mentioned above rate among the top. It was also surprising that one member of the housekeeping team greeted me by name as I passed a room he was cleaning on my way to the life – this certainly surpassed my expectations as housekeeping rarely has contact with guests.
· Collage restaurant – the food here is exceptional, with a wide range of international food available.

So, these are the 3 assets, the location, the food and most importantly, the staff. With a number of minor improvements to facilities (mentioned above) and more consistent service delivery in housekeeping, this hotel would certainly meet the expectation of any seasoned traveler.

Last edited by starflyergold; Feb 19, 2012 at 8:35 am
Old Feb 19, 2012, 8:04 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
Nice review, thanks. Could you perhaps edit your post so that the hotel name appears at the top, ideally in bold type?
Old Feb 19, 2012, 8:36 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Or your moderator could do the same thing
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:31 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
Great review with some excellent observations.

You should send this directly to the hotel and I'm sure they will do whatever they can to rectify it as as you have some very straight forward and quite simple solutions to the errors/faults you found (bar the irritating shower door opening inwards and water temperature fluctuating that is ) ^^^
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:31 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Or your moderator could do the same thing
Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:46 pm

Novotel Montreal Airport

Gold
Yes

Booked superior room and received it

- How are the rooms?
An average sized room.

Good:
Hotel is very inexpensive

Bad: No Elite recognition whatsoever. I asked if an upgrade was possible and the person at the counter promptly said no. When I asked if my card number was in the system all he said was yes. I then asked again for an upgrade and he said the elite cards dont work at the novotel regardless of what it says online.

Hotel is located near an industrial park and near a busy highway so it can get quite noisy. Hotel is also extremely hard to get to if you are not familiar with the area

It is good value and despite having zero recognition for status I would return simply because it is cheap
Old Mar 6, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Mercure Jakarta Kota

Platinum

Yes.

Booked two Executive Deluxe rooms (the highest category in the hotel) and one Deluxe room. I booked one Deluxe room so it could have connected to the another Executive Deluxe. There aren't many connecting room available on this hotel, mostly superior.
. Inputting 1 year old child on the reservation system, and surprisingly...one of the room has bathtub for the children (on room number 718)
. Asking for late check-out until 1 pm, the hotel staff seems objected and after saying I usually got flexible check out on other Accor hotels since I'm platinum, the staff told me that they would be very happy to offer check-out until 3 pm.
. Got welcome drinks for all of the rooms (6 persons)
. Free parking
. The connecting rooms on the 18th floor (the highest floor) were still hold for us despite our late arrival (after 6 pm).

- How are the rooms?
The rooms on 18th floor offer city panoramic view, we could see National Monument (Monas) from the distance and also flashing neon from nearby Paragon. While the room on 7th floor has 180 degree view to swimming pool. The Executive Deluxe is very spacious, 56 m2, while the Deluxe room probably around 40m2.

Good: Weekly Dim Sum Buffet Lunch is very good in terms of value and taste, 76,000 IDR/person (8.50 USD/person) is unbelievable !! Even in Ibis Jakarta Slipi would costs 120,000 IDR/person (excluding drinks). The Dim Sum Buffet Lunch offers variety of Dim Sum, hot and cold dishes, deserts, and free hot and iced tea. A|Club points were posted on the same day. They said that they input all the points everyday at 10 pm, which is a good news. ^

Bad: Mediocre buffet breakfast, Staffs are not trying to be friendly even-though I'm not saying they are not friendly, just not trying to..

Good value, probably will return but just for dining.

Last edited by virtualaris; Mar 6, 2012 at 2:58 pm
Old Mar 14, 2012, 7:51 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

MGallery VIE Bangkok

Platinum

Generally happy

Grand Deluxe, no upgrade offered. Hotel explanation: The next best room jumps a category hence no upgrade. Questioned it (including with the GM) but no. Even Accor APAC could not change this but noted that they will follow this up. However the hotel provided a free dinner for 2 which was great. GM joined us for a glass of wine during dinner and was very helpful.

- How are the rooms?
Nice, effectively a suite, showing age a little. Not exactly spotless, stains on table and windows had finger prints on them.

Good:
Location (away from the tourist madness), restaurant.

Bad:
The unclear upgrade policy which only serves to disappoint elites. No free WiFi

Good value, will return once upgrade policy is clarified. Like this hotel better than the MGallery Muse in BKK.

(stay was Jan 2012)

Last edited by starflyergold; Mar 14, 2012 at 8:11 am
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Platinum

Generally happy

Grand Deluxe, no upgrade offered. Hotel explanation: The next best room jumps a category hence no upgrade. Questioned it (including with the GM) but no. Even Accor APAC could not change this but noted that they will follow this up. However the hotel provided a free dinner for 2 which was great. GM joined us for a glass of wine during dinner and was very helpful.

- How are the rooms?
Nice, effectively a suite, showing age a little. Not exactly spotless, stains on table and windows had finger prints on them.

Good:
Location (away from the tourist madness), restaurant.

Bad:
The unclear upgrade policy which only serves to disappoint elites. No free WiFi

Good value, will return once upgrade policy is clarified. Like this hotel better than the MGallery Muse in BKK.

(stay was Jan 2012)
GM having wine with you? Cool~
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:24 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Sofitel Chicago Water Tower

Platinum

Yes, standard Sofitel room

Booked Luxury Room (king, high floor) and given junior suite (without asking, low floor). Not sure how the lower floors can be described as city views unless that's a view of a building opposite. Asked back at reception and moved to a high floor. Why not just allocate highest first? They claim they only give high floors on request. Drinks vouchers handed over without asking.

Late check out requested till 2pm, offered 1pm, being Platinum didn't seem to matter much but eventually they agreed.

No welcome gift. I asked what it would have been and told they don't offer welcome gifts just drinks. On check out, the same receptionist said the welcome gift was noted on the account as chocolates to be sent to the room, but they didn't arrive. Maybe they went to my original room.

- How are the rooms?
The usual Sofitel decor. Having just come from the IC TS, I missed extras such as power sockets built into the bedside lamps. No iPod dock/charger, etc. No accessible plugs by bed. Lovely Hermes products in bathroom

Good: Staff, all very friendly and professional
Bad: Wifi reception very poor in room. Some areas I couldn't get a signal, others it kept dropping out. Also don't like tiered internet access. Just give it free, not dial up speeds for free, make you pay for anything more. I heard others complaining about AT&T signal issues, T-Mobile isn't much better. Maybe something with the way the building is constructed?

I rebooked on a 3 for 2 rate that appeared just before I went, so a good rate. I'd return if rates were competitive.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 3:59 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Seoul Ambassador Pullman (ex Sofitel)

Platinum

Yes

Booked executive deluxe room and upgraded to a junior suite

- How are the rooms?
great, 2 big size rooms with beautiful bathroom, with jaccuzzi bath and shower separate

Good:
Platinum recognition, upgrade, airport KAL limousine for Won 15000.
2 bottles of water everyday.
plate with fruit the first day
Excellent breakfast in the executive lounge
Happy hours from 6pm to 8pm, that can do an excellent dinner if you need...
free navette to town center each hour
Metro at 5 minutes

Bad:
nothing

Yes. I returned 4 weeks after but not upgraded for room (the hotel were full)
no problem for me: all people are very professional and kind.
My favorite hotel in Seoul.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:05 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Sofitel Europe Brussels

- What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

Decidedly underwhelmed.

Classic room, apparently upgraded to superior, no noticeable difference

- How are the rooms?
OK but lacking typical Sofitel amenities such as Bose radio, minibar. Duvet is thin.

Good:
Bad:
No welcome back, unclear upgrade, first room looked like someone had slept in the bed so needed to change, no newspaper in the morning, no welcome gift. First night flowers in bathroom, second and third night they were gone Late check out had to be argued over and only managed 2pm.

Value was this time not so good, probably return because it is convenient for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.