Wiki Posts
Search

Room not guaranteed?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Room not guaranteed?

Hullo,

So this is probably a question best for the hotel but I've not had any responses to my (so far admittedly low-key) queries on Twitter to Accor & email to hotel... I've booked a room at the LHR Ibis Styles and in the booking T&Cs is this "Book out Policy : In the case of an overbooking, the hotel will suggest an alternative similar type of hotel. The hotel will pay for the transportation of the guest to the hotel only, and no other compensation will be made."

Does that mean that if the hotel ends up full, I could be forced to pay the full walk-up fare at another hotel? :/ If so, I'll probably go elsewhere for a more guaranteed booking which would be disappointing as this hotel seems fairly nice... I've searched this forum but nothing much comes up (aside from one thread a few years ago)...

Thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:58 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Most if not all hotels overbook and in the unlikely event that all guest arrive, some may need to be "walked". If you hold an elite status the chances of this happening are very low indeed. I would not worry about this.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Hmm, no status aside from being member. Guess I'll go elsewhere or skip the hotel room & go for a night flight.

Don't fancy my luck as Heathrow hotels seems fairly busy this Friday.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Wouldn't most hotels have that clause in their T & C's even though it would rarely happen? So don't worry about it I say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.