Search

Luggage Free

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 2:12 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Luggage Free

http://press.accorhotels.group/le-club-accorhotels-announces-partnership-with-luggage-free-for-exclusive-member-benefits-program/
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by nrouxel
http://press.accorhotels.group/le-club-accorhotels-announces-partnership-with-luggage-free-for-exclusive-member-benefits-program/
I wonder what the exclusive benefits will be for members, because unless they include some substantial discounts, I don't think I'll be using this.

Just for curiosity, I got a quote on the luggagefree site, to see what it would cost me to move a standard checked suitcase, up to 50 lbs, domestically within Canada, with up to 6-day transit time to my destination. The answer... $462.00. I don't think so! Even without my *G baggage allowance, I think I'd just pay the $35 baggage fee to the airline and carry it myself.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:41 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
The issue I have with most of these companies offering luggage transportation services are not even exorbitant prices, but that they take a lifetime to transport the luggage, without any guarantee of meeting a pre-determined date and time of delivery. It could be very useful to be able to dispense with checked luggage on a long, multi-leg trip, but if the bag arrives to Singapore when I am in Kuala Lumpur, what's the point.

I checked some of the intra-Europe rates and they came out far more expensive than simply using courier services (UPS, DPD and such) with guaranteed delivery times and proper insurance.
testman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.