Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pullman St Pancras London Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2017, 6:29 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

So consecutive 2 negative reviews at Novotel Canary Wharf and the Pullman...

​​​​​​First world problems on where to book in London then
Old Aug 20, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Novotel London West too! Let's see if better reviews come in on the Pullman.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:41 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
We stayed here again last week and the property is slipping off of our "favourite hotels in London" list.

Our booking this time wasn't made through Accor, as it was part of an airline package, so obviously we weren't expecting an upgrade. We did get a higher floor once I'd shown the magic Platinum card, but that was all. I found it surprising that the room we'd initially been allocated even exists: why does the hotel have any deluxe rooms (i.e. the third-from-bottom category) on the first floor?

The room was as expected, but starting to get tired. Closing the window didn't quite seal it, meaning that noise (street and wind) and chilly air penetrated. The television signal was low def.

Maybe time to spend some money and/or rebrand back to Novotel?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 2:55 am
IMH

We had another one-night stay here last week (January 2018, Platinum).

Good: greeted as returning guests. A drinks voucher for two was given (although not used). We had booked a "classic king" and were allocated a "deluxe king" on the 14th floor.

Less good: no "VIP treatment" (e.g. welcome note or amenity).
Old Jan 7, 2018, 5:30 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by IMH
We had another one-night stay here last week (January 2018, Platinum).

Good: greeted as returning guests. A drinks voucher for two was given (although not used). We had booked a "classic king" and were allocated a "deluxe king" on the 14th floor.

Less good: no "VIP treatment" (e.g. welcome note or amenity).
Full Le Club recognition does not seem to be a feature at this hotel any longer, which is a shame.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:43 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Full Le Club recognition does not seem to be a feature at this hotel any longer, which is a shame.
And nobody complains?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:46 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
And nobody complains?
Well I certainly did but the local management attitude was "we don't really care". Unless they are sent for remedial classes by Accor HQ I have no intention of staying there again.
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 8:30 am
IMH

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Unless they are sent for remedial classes by Accor HQ I have no intention of staying there again.
We'll be avoiding the property on our next couple of London trips, but looking slightly further ahead do have a stay booked for June. After that, we'll have to see.

The location works extremely well for us, but that would also be true of the Premier Inn across the road.
starflyergold likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: BA & Accor Gold | Hilton Diamond
After a string of negative reviews and comments on FT and other sources, including Head for Points, I was a bit worried about my return to the Pullman that I had booked in for this past weekend. I have stayed at the Pullman before, not long after its conversion from a Novotel and was impressed then and as I had some plans in the Regents Park/Kings Cross area, I stuck with the reservation. I thought it was worth a quick update on here

The check in staff at the Le Club priority counter immediately welcomed me back to the hotel and provided me with a one level room upgrade on a high floor with a city view and a drinks voucher. The staff were efficient and friendly on this occasion.

The room was clean and looked in very good condition and the view was spectacular in the bank holiday sunshine. There was a personalised welcome note which offered a free snack from the (very limited) minibar selection. I assume this was a substitute to any other welcome amenity. The bed was very comfortable and huge and the room (a Deluxe) was a very good size. The WiFi was fast and I was able to get work done and stream content to the TV easily. One issue on weekend like this (25-28 degrees in London) was that with the curtains open the room got quite hot and does not have air con – only a ‘cooling system’ which couldn’t compete with the (admittedly rare) British summer heat. Breakfast was excellent in both quality and spread.

Overall - decent recognition of status, a good quality room, comfy bed, good breakfast, friendly attentive staff. Either they’ve turned things round since the run of bad experiences or I got lucky. Either way it was a good stay all round.
Old May 9, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by andimilk
One issue on weekend like this (25-28 degrees in London) was that with the curtains open the room got quite hot and does not have air con – only a ‘cooling system’ which couldn’t compete with the (admittedly rare) British summer heat. Breakfast was excellent in both quality and spread..
Hmm, what will it be like in August! The Pullman like many the 3-star hotels in London get very hot in the summer because they commonly don't bother to install air-conditioning - same applies to the cheaper rental-cars. Buyer beware!
Old May 12, 2018, 7:19 am
IMH

Thanks for a helpful review (and for your first post here, andimilk: welcome to FlyerTalk as well!).

Originally Posted by andimilk
[...] a good stay all round.
That's good to read. We're back here next month for a trip booked long ago, so will soon get an idea of whether things have improved or you just got lucky.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 1:01 am
IMH

We returned last week for a one night stay booked long ago.

We were welcomed as returning guests with Platinum status, upgraded from a basic room to a deluxe room on the top floor ^ and given a drinks voucher without needing to ask. There was no welcome note or amenity.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, QRPC Gold
Anyone stayed at this property recently? How is it holding up. Particularly curious about the aircon situation - is the cooling system still inadequate for the temps in August?

Ro
Old Aug 7, 2023, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Had a decent stay here, felt like a slightly nicer Novotel but not close to 5 stars. For the rate I paid (£170, pre-paid) it was better than what I expected though.

Booked a Deluxe room and checked in early (around noon), and the friendly front desk did their best to find an available room.
Also received a voucher for 2 welcome drinks (Gold member) - we were able to choose any drink from the bar (cocktails, wines, even champagne - except for some of the extremely expensive drinks), thought this was quite generous.
Gym is good and has a nice view, also has a decent sauna (closes at 11pm, gym is 24/7).
Temperature in the room was fine, but even though it was August it wasn't too hot during my stay so that helped. As my room overlooked the busy road, there were some city noises throughout the night: no problem for me, but light sleepers might wake up from ambulances etc.
Room was mostly comfortable. Pillows felt a little synthetic to me, and the desk chair was very flimsy, felt as if I would fall over. Otherwise a good stay, close to St Pancras (which was why I stayed here). Would stay again for the right price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.