Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Review: Hotel Muse, MGallery, Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by Dav77
Had feedback from Hotel

my queston was “do Platinum Members have free access to executive lounge ?”

answer “we don’t have executive lounge”

It seems a waste of time to get in touch again with Waiyawut Watcharachatchawal / Assistant Reservation Manager, that I was intending free access to Club la boutique privilege. ...
I stayed at this property 2 weeks ago and gained access to the Club La Boutique from 16:30 - 18:30 at their SpeakEasy Roof Top Bar. It's a benefit which clearly stated in the letter.

Here is the food station and what I got

By the way, have you emailed them and had answered? I have emailed them pre-check-in and post-checkout (for different reasons), and both email goes unanswered. What email did you send to them? I will try send to that and maybe I will get answers
happygolucky_nomad and Dav77 like this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:01 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by cwl
Always frustrating when a hotel gives a closed albeit accurate response to a question asked rather than provide a helpful open answer to assist potential guests.

The Muse doesn't have an "executive lounge" so the email is correct but this is the response I received to the query "What Platinum benefits are offer by the hotel?":

"Regarding the Platinum Member benefits, you will get complimentary upgrade the room to next category, complimentary daily breakfast, early check in and late checkout subject to availability, premium bath amenities by Shanghai Tang and complimentary free flow drinks and canapé at rooftop bar on 24th floor from 16:30-18:30 hrs."

This information is 12 months old so it could have changed so worth double checking with the hotel.

The evening drinks and canapés are served in the roof top bar which is open to the public but names are taken between 16.30 and 18:30hrs for those eligible for this offering in lieu of a full executive lounge. What is offered to Platinum members is identical to that offered to those staying in Yama rooms and above.

The breakfast is the standard hotel breakfast served in one of the restaurants but simply not charged. The hotel was offering this to Platinum members before it became a general benefit across APAC hotels.

No lounge/bar option for complimentary drinks outside the two hours in the evening but soft drinks from mini bar were complimentary for Platinum members last time I stayed.
many thanks for your explanation

i find funny to receive full explanation from a forumer and just 3 words from the hotel

I like to feel welcome when give my money to an hotel, and it’s not only a matter about Platinum / diamond / Gold / etc level ...

i don’t like to feel myself like a clochard asking for some bread. (Maybe i’m like one of them trying to get some benefits from my loyalty at an hotel chain ...but even if probably this employee thinks that of me, he should be trained to act differently, since he works for a 5* hotel)

if I have to fell myself as a clochard, I simply prefer to ask charity to someone more nice and polite, and it means to stay elsewhere
kevino and happygolucky_nomad like this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by Juntima
I stayed at this property 2 weeks ago and gained access to the Club La Boutique from 16:30 - 18:30 at their SpeakEasy Roof Top Bar. It's a benefit which clearly stated in the letter.

Here is the food station and what I got

By the way, have you emailed them and had answered? I have emailed them pre-check-in and post-checkout (for different reasons), and both email goes unanswered. What email did you send to them? I will try send to that and maybe I will get answers
Dear Mr.

Please be informed our hotel don’t have executive lounge

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact me. I am more than happy to be of your assistance.

Best Regards,

Wut

[img]cid:[email protected][/img]

Waiyawut Watcharachatchawal / Assistant Reservation Manager

55/555 Langsuan Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan

10330 Bangkok – Thailand

Tel. + 66 (0) 2630 4000 ext 4407

Fax + 66 (0) 2630 4100

[img]cid:[email protected][/img]

Condé Nast Johansens 2019 - Best Urban Hotel.

Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2019 1:18 PM
To: Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan RE1 by MGallery
Cc: Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan GR by MGallery
Subject: Re: Info x Booking Thai Airways Voucher - - Plat Member

Dear

Have Platinum Members free access at executive lounge at your hotel ?

Thanks again

Best regards

Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:16 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
Dear Mr.

Please be informed our hotel don’t have executive lounge

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact me. I am more than happy to be of your assistance.

Best Regards,

Wut
What he said was somewhat true. There is no executive lounge the same we find at other Accor properties (where breakfast is served), but they do have a lounge Plat member can access between 4.30-6.30PM at their roof top bar for free snacks and drinks.

Please don't be put off by their awful answering manner haha. This property is quite charming and worth a try.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by Juntima
What he said was somewhat true. There is no executive lounge the same we find at other Accor properties (where breakfast is served), but they do have a lounge Plat member can access between 4.30-6.30PM at their roof top bar for free snacks and drinks.

Please don't be put off by their awful answering manner haha. This property is quite charming and worth a try.
yes, no doubt what he said was somewhat true 😀

i’m not enaugh old and experienced...but neither born yesterday...

and magically (like he was reading this thread here) I have received another one email from hotel where he was afraid for misunderstanding...and with whole list of Platinum benefits.

Kindly the list for Platinum benefit;

· Complimentary Room Up-Grades subject to availability

· Early check-in and Late check-out on request and subject to availability

· Complimentary Platinum Loyalty Drink at the Speakeasy, Roof Top Bar

· Complimentary coffee-tea, soft drink daily benefits from 7:00-23:00pm at Le Salon

· Complimentary one set food platter per guest per day at Le Salon from 11:00-23:00pm at Le Salon

· Daily Complimentary Mini-bar soft drinks

· Complimentary Bangkok Post Newspaper

· Free Internet Worldwide

· Up to 50% discount when dining in our outlets and 15% discount on beverages

· Exclusive Evening Cocktail served daily at Speakeasy Rooftop Bar from 04:30PM to 06:30PM

Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:13 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Oh so they might have checked out this thread. I have been chasing my missing points, emailed them a week ago and yet to hear back from them. Maybe I will give this a try....

"Dear Hotel Muse, please answer my email sent on 14th February regarding my missing points. My email starts with J, thank you."

Now wait and see
happygolucky_nomad and Dav77 like this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Originally Posted by cwl
Always frustrating when a hotel gives a closed albeit accurate response to a question asked rather than provide a helpful open answer to assist potential guests.

The Muse doesn't have an "executive lounge" so the email is correct but this is the response I received to the query "What Platinum benefits are offer by the hotel?":

"Regarding the Platinum Member benefits, you will get complimentary upgrade the room to next category, complimentary daily breakfast, early check in and late checkout subject to availability, premium bath amenities by Shanghai Tang and complimentary free flow drinks and canapé at rooftop bar on 24th floor from 16:30-18:30 hrs."

This information is 12 months old so it could have changed so worth double checking with the hotel.

The evening drinks and canapés are served in the roof top bar which is open to the public but names are taken between 16.30 and 18:30hrs for those eligible for this offering in lieu of a full executive lounge. What is offered to Platinum members is identical to that offered to those staying in Yama rooms and above.

The breakfast is the standard hotel breakfast served in one of the restaurants but simply not charged. The hotel was offering this to Platinum members before it became a general benefit across APAC hotels.

No lounge/bar option for complimentary drinks outside the two hours in the evening but soft drinks from mini bar were complimentary for Platinum members last time I stayed.
The information you provided is 10 times more useful and beneficial to Plat members than the so called hotel management staff. How many times have WE as Accor Platinum experienced such mediocre and poor treatment? I have been Accor Adv/Plus Plat for 10 years and I have since developed and trained myself NOT to have any expectation when staying in Accor properties and my stays are generally based in South East Asia/Asia.

If the hotel provides me with exceptional service, then I take it as a bonus. But if not, then I just accept it and smile to myself and relax.

But if I'm paying a high price for my hotel stay, then rest assure that Accor properties will NEVER be in my shortlist. This is the cold hard truth, I'm afraid.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: Accor Plus Platinum, SQ PPS Solitaire. TK Elite Plus
Greetings all! Just started on this new account as I had some issues with my old one.
Definitely an excellent property I must add. Use to frequent this hotel many many yonks ago...…. Back in the days when the steak house was still a thai restaurant and practically don't get any platinum benefit. Thus eventually my move to Sofitels and Pullmans in Bangkok.
Maybe it's time to plan a stay with them soon!
Old Mar 10, 2021, 11:51 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan (MGallery) = The Dark Hotel

Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - A Mgallery Collection

55/555 Langsuan Road Lumpini, Pathumwan Bangkok, TH 10330

Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan (MGallery) = The Dark Hotel (19 Photos)

Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - A Mgallery Collection

I had a quick overnight stay at Muse Bangkok Langsuan (MGallery) to try this property.  It seems the hotel received some criticism in the past due to weak Platinum treatment but it seems this has been rectified.  Based on my stay the hotel does well in various ways and the weakness for me was more about the dark room and the dark theme in the hotel which can be a matter of personal taste.  

Room

I booked the entry level room and I proactively received an upgrade as Accor Diamond to a Duplex Suite.  There was a convenient half bathroom on the lower level along with the spacious living and dining area which thankfully had light-colored floor tiles to offset the dark furniture and the limited window frontage which left to be desired even though it was a room in the corner of the building.  The mini-bar had free soft drinks and they also serve a snack platter every day which had sandwiches, peanuts, olives, and sweets.  

The bedroom and master bathroom were upstairs with good quality hardwood floor but it was black and there again the windows were fairly small.  The master bathroom was fine but the tub was oversized and took too much space.  The bathroom amenities were Shanghai Tang which is appropriate for an upscale hotel brand; the problem is that the soap was missing from the half bathroom downstairs, in fact there was not even a soap holder so it seemed to be by design rather than an omission.  Housekeeping also forgot to remove an old used up soap in the shower.  Those issues are all minor but the water temperature in the shower took forever to warm up which was more problematic and the air conditioning temperature control box kept on making a ticking noise during the night because it was swapping automatically between low and medium speed without us touching anything.   

Overall I find it difficult to complain about the room when receiving a suite upgrade but if I compare the top Accor hotels in Bangkok I saw a non-negligible dropoff between the suites at Sofitel Sukhumvit, Sofitel SO, and Banyan Tree, relative to Muse.

1_IMG_5317.jpeg1_IMG_5318.jpeg1_IMG_5319.jpeg1_IMG_5320.jpeg1_IMG_5321.jpegIMG_5322.jpegIMG_5323.jpegIMG_5324.jpegIMG_5326.jpegIMG_5327.jpegIMG_5384.jpeg1_IMG_5385.jpegIMG_5386.jpeg

Dining

One nice feature of the Platinum breakfast at Muse is that it was possible to have it as room service whereas many hotels require breakfast to be in the restaurant only.  The menu was very limited however so for a long stay it would have been repetitive.  

IMG_5392.jpegIMG_5329.jpeg

This hotel does not have a lounge but they provide happy hour on the rooftop bar for guests Platinum and above from 4:30pm to 6:30pm.  The venue was very nice and I am glad they do not exclude it from happy hour, unlike for example Banyan Tree which does not allow Accor welcome drinks to be in their famous bar.  The happy hour drinks menu at Muse was also reasonably good including cocktails rather than only beer and wine.  The snacks were more forgettable but because this is not a lounge I thought it was fair to serve bar food.

IMG_5389.jpegIMG_5382.jpeg

Service

Service during our brief stay was good including the staff proactively calling our next hotel to make sure our room was ready.  They also tried unsuccessfully to redeem Accor points to settle my bill and they contacted Accor customer service who never responded before I checked out, but at least they tried and kept me informed of their attempts.

Gym and Pool

The gym was ok but a bit small.  The pool was on the same floor (19th) as the gym with good city views.  

IMG_5390.jpegIMG_5391.jpeg

Wifi

Wifi worked well with speeds of about 20 Mbps.

Overall

Overall the hotel ticks most boxes for a pleasant stay: suite upgrade with 1.5 bath and no carpet, decent quality construction, good service, free breakfast, happy hour in a nice bar for Platinum and Diamond guests, etc.  Yet there were a few hardware issues that would need to be fixed plus the overall darkness was not to my liking even including at reception which was very dark, all of which limits my enthusiasm for this property.

Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan (MGallery) = The Dark Hotel

Would you like to write a review on the Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - A Mgallery Collection?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Mar 11, 2021, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Can’t wait to return to Bangkok .
Thanks for the review Escape4. One question for the difficulty to redeem points at checkout : why did they try to contact CS for this? Because it’s all done online : hotel make a request in their system to use X points and the customer receives a code on the cell phone declared in his/her profile and gives the code to the hotel.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 1:56 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
thanks escape4 for the review
I experienced that many Accor properties at the moment prefer room service for breakfast as they have usually very few customers those days.
Also many properties keep currently their lounge closed; so getting happy hour cocktails on their roof top bar is a great benefit
Old Mar 11, 2021, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Can’t wait to return to Bangkok .
Thanks for the review Escape4. One question for the difficulty to redeem points at checkout : why did they try to contact CS for this? Because it’s all done online : hotel make a request in their system to use X points and the customer receives a code on the cell phone declared in his/her profile and gives the code to the hotel.
On the day I asked the hotel to use points, I was unable to access my Accor account on the web, or in the app. The hotel tried to redeem my points and were unable to do so - they kept getting an error message; I assumed that my own login problems and the hotel problems were not independent issues, but that's just my guess. Several hours later my login access was restored - I am not sure if at that point the hotel tried again to redeem my points or if they just kept waiting for customer service. Because it was not a big deal I did not push for it and ended up paying with my credit card.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
thanks escape4 for the review
I experienced that many Accor properties at the moment prefer room service for breakfast as they have usually very few customers those days.
Also many properties keep currently their lounge closed; so getting happy hour cocktails on their roof top bar is a great benefit
I do not want breakfast in the restaurant all the time, nor do I want breakfast in the room all the time. The fact that Muse gives the option is a plus in my opinion. And what better place for a cocktail than a rooftop bar - great benefit indeed, not stingy at all.
Goldorak, BinSabai and hotel_user like this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by escape4
On the day I asked the hotel to use points, I was unable to access my Accor account on the web, or in the app. The hotel tried to redeem my points and were unable to do so - they kept getting an error message; I assumed that my own login problems and the hotel problems were not independent issues, but that's just my guess. Several hours later my login access was restored - I am not sure if at that point the hotel tried again to redeem my points or if they just kept waiting for customer service. Because it was not a big deal I did not push for it and ended up paying with my credit card.
There was likely a relationship between the 2 incidents. And I had also recently problems doing booking on the App. Accor IT is often buggy.
escape4 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 7:28 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Free internet 'worldwide' gave me a laugh! lol
I stayed here a little over a year ago. The Platinum benefits were really very nice. An additional happy surprise was Ms.Pui was at the front desk to check us in. In the past, she worked the club floor of Novotel Soi 20 and was an absolute gem :-)
BinSabai likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.