Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club des Actionnaires Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: Hyatt DIA, IHG PLT AMB, TK Elite Gold, SPG Gold
sent the email to accor service again:

logged in today: right now I cant request a duplicate of my card and there where the date was my platinum is gonna expire: the date is gone.

So probably the updated now. Lets see probably just an IT Problem of Accor
Old May 30, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by PhilHugi
sent the email to accor service again:

logged in today: right now I cant request a duplicate of my card and there where the date was my platinum is gonna expire: the date is gone.

So probably the updated now. Lets see probably just an IT Problem of Accor
Yes, it means your profile has been updated.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 11:04 pm

To the people who registered for c.d.a years ago - do you need to re-qualify with proof of shares year after year?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 4:25 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ctrlf
do you need to re-qualify with proof of shares year after year?
No, although of course Accor could decide at any time to check that you still hold sufficient shares to qualify.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by IMH
No, although of course Accor could decide at any time to check that you still hold sufficient shares to qualify.
they do, because every share is worth a vote, therefore, they do count every year
Old Jul 5, 2014, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by IMH
Originally Posted by enzo0511
they do, because every share is worth a vote, therefore, they do count every year
Who of you speaks out of experience?
Old Jul 5, 2014, 11:50 pm
IMH

Who of you speaks out of experience?
I first registered as a CdA member in September 2011. Accor has never since asked me to prove that I still own shares, but enzo0511 is right in that they don't need to as they can 'see' for themselves.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by IMH
I first registered as a CdA member in September 2011. Accor has never since asked me to prove that I still own shares, but enzo0511 is right in that they don't need to as they can 'see' for themselves.

How is that possible when the shares are not registered ?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 12:13 am
IMH

How is that possible when the shares are not registered ?
Someone who knows more than I do will be along to confirm who passes data to whom, but one way or another the companies I hold shares in (or their agents) manage to communicate with me (e.g. to invite me to annual meetings and send me voting documents). I'm guessing this means they can see who their shareholders are.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: A3G, TK E, LH blue, Accor Plat, Fairmont, IHG, Fraser
Not sure if it is down to European regulation or international anti fraud laws, but all shares you buy are linked to an account with your details. You can't "materialize" them anymore as you could back in the old days. So they know who you are

That said, I bought 50 shares a week ago or so, and subscribed to the club. My initial free platinum had expired to silver (Only personal travel right now), and today I got a new platinum, mentioning Club Des Actionnaires in the back and coupled to my same old account. This is without mentioning my card number, faxing any proof to Accor, or asking the bank to do anything special with them. If it helps, shares where purchased via Deutsche Bank.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 11:45 pm

does anyone know if buying a stock from US exchange (Accor S A (F) Ordinary Shares:ACRFF) provides a club membership?
I am in Australia and can only access stocks in US or Asian markets stock brokers....

FYI, I read the site from Accor says (in English translation) " Club membership is free Accor Shareholders."
I assume from this sentence that Accor stock sold in US market is a stock of Accor.
Anyone successful in this way?
Old Aug 2, 2014, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skippyz
....I assume from this sentence that Accor stock sold in US market is a stock of Accor.
Anyone successful in this way?
No, there is no Accor stock in US exchanges. US exchanges trade ADRs of Accor stock which is a depository receipt held by a trust. I don't think it will work.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by ZenWorld
I would recommend to buy 50 shares, if you do not have direct access to French brokers.

Those who are based in Asia and able to visit SIN regularly can PM me, as I am able to help you purchase it from SIN.
Dear ZenWorld,

I have sent you a PM about buying Accor shares from Singapore, please check it once you can, thank you !
Old Aug 5, 2014, 5:15 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Dear FTers who dropped me a pte msg on the purchase of 50 Accor shares,

I did not log in for a while, but I saw and replied your msgs today.

Hope I can be of help.

Cheers!
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:08 am

Hi ZenWorld

dropped you a PM. Tks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.