Need 19 points. What's the easiest way?

Old Aug 22, 2011, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Need 19 points. What's the easiest way?

I have 1981 points in my A-club account and I know that I 'might' have a stay in Dec but I think my points are expiring in Nov (not sure). Anyway easy way to get 19 points? Preferably not requiring any stay.

Thanks.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 3:31 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
My read of the T&Cs is that you will need a hotel stay for points to remain valid, not a partner transaction.

7.3. VALIDITY OF POINTS
A|Club points are valid for a period of 12 months (365 consecutive days) following the check-out date. Validity is extended for 365 days each time a hotel stay is recorded on the Members account (excluding promotional Meeting Planner offers, courtesy bonus, adjustments and promotional bonuses).
Old Aug 23, 2011, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm more thinking in terms of gettting 19 pts and then cash out the pts to another FFP or as a 40 EUR voucher.

Any idea?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:06 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Well if you were near Paris you could buy Lenotre chocolates, Europcar car rental is another idea, basically use any partner of A-Club.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 7:19 pm

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Unlike their neighboring country's hotel chain, there is no options to transfer points to other members on A|Club website. If there is any, I would be O.K. to transfer 19 points to you.

Originally Posted by nacho
I have 1981 points in my A-club account and I know that I 'might' have a stay in Dec but I think my points are expiring in Nov (not sure). Anyway easy way to get 19 points? Preferably not requiring any stay.

Thanks.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:00 pm

Programs: FB Gold, IC Gold Amb, Le Club Plat.

Thanks.
Give up, my advise to you
I can't claim 01 missing night of stay since February11
Claim it on May, now over 3 months, no answer from a-club website, no answer from Accor local office also!
Now i'm thinking about other Hotel Program!
Old Aug 25, 2011, 3:05 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Originally Posted by OrientExpress
Give up, my advise to you
I can't claim 01 missing night of stay since February11
Claim it on May, now over 3 months, no answer from a-club website, no answer from Accor local office also!
Now i'm thinking about other Hotel Program!
Dear OrientExpress,

I'm sorry that you didn't get a prompt response from our service.
Could you please confirm that you have sent us a copy of your hotel bill? In this case, could you please give me your A|Club number as well as the date of your stay through private message? Thank you!

Best wishes,
Dieu Anh
Old Aug 28, 2011, 11:09 pm

Programs: FB Gold, IC Gold Amb, Le Club Plat.
Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Dear OrientExpress,

I'm sorry that you didn't get a prompt response from our service.
Could you please confirm that you have sent us a copy of your hotel bill? In this case, could you please give me your A|Club number as well as the date of your stay through private message? Thank you!

Best wishes,
Dieu Anh
Sent Pm
Appreciate for your help
Brgds,
Old Aug 29, 2011, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by virtualaris
Unlike their neighboring country's hotel chain, there is no options to transfer points to other members on A|Club website. If there is any, I would be O.K. to transfer 19 points to you.
A-club doesn't have an option of buying points like Marriott Rewards
Old Aug 29, 2011, 7:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just set your profile to earning miles rather than points and your remaining points will be transferred to your FFP account at the normal ratio.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I thought you need a min. 2K pts in order to transfer to a FFP?
Old Aug 29, 2011, 8:46 am

transfer possible starting at 4000 points

It might be more than that.
After reading this thread and learning that the A-Club miles in my account will probably expire I tried to redeem:

Account balance on August 29, 2011:
A|Club Classic

You have selected the option 'Automatically transfer A|Club points to airline miles.'

Next transfer to Delta Air Lines possible starting at 4000 points.

Reminds me of my experience with Best Western where I almost had points for a room a few times only to have the points expire. I guess I'll never accumulate Best Western, or A-Club, again...
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I transferred less than 2000 for my wife into her BA account when I changed her earning profile from points to miles.

See this post.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:29 am

OP, have you tried asking for a one-time courtesy deposit of 19 points from customer service? Sure it's a long shot, and it depends on the reason you give and how you ask, and most importantly, your history with them, but it might be worth a shot. Costs very little for them and could pay them back as a show of good will, customer appreciation, etc. Be prepared for a gentle rejection but hey, why not try? Just as long as it's an earnest request and doesn't seem you're trying to be sneaky or entitled or demanding. I've had success with few-point deposits with a few other brands.

Last edited by NewArrival; Aug 29, 2011 at 11:35 am
Old Aug 29, 2011, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewArrival
OP, have you tried asking for a one-time courtesy deposit of 19 points from customer service? Sure it's a long shot, and it depends on the reason you give and how you ask, and most importantly, your history with them, but it might be worth a shot. Costs very little for them and could pay them back as a show of good will, customer appreciation, etc. Be prepared for a gentle rejection but hey, why not try? Just as long as it's an earnest request and doesn't seem you're trying to be sneaky or entitled or demanding. I've had success with few-point deposits with a few other brands.
Thanks for the tip! I will try it as a last resort.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.