FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1231906-novotel-taipei-taoyuan-international-airport.html)

Platinum Cub Jun 30, 2011 12:04 pm

Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport

Scheduled for a trip to Taoyuan City in a couple of weeks and looking to stay at the Novotel.

Just wondering if anyone has had any recent experiences at this conveniently located hotel to share and sway me in one direction or another. (Last time, I stayed at the Grand Hyatt but the cabrides to/from Taipei were long in the morning.)

Also, I am scheduled to arrive into TPE at 1 am on August 15th and checking-in hopefully by 2 in the morning. Would this arrival time count for me checking-in on 8/15 or 8/14? Just wanted to make sure that I make the reservation correctly.

Thank you!!

LaPlanche Jun 30, 2011 12:57 pm

I'm not sure about your checkIn date but I can imagine that it will be a late chackIn of the 14th.
I stayed there in January this year. So far, it was the best Novotel I ever stayed at! It's still very new and well looked after by the management.
Pick up from the terminal is very convenient.
CheckIn is very efficient and actually a pleasure! Front desk agents were always very friendly and helpful. I never had to wait.
The Lobby is very roomy and modern. There is a small Duty Free shop as well.
I asked for a room with a great runway view and got one! Very modern style and well equipped. The bathroom had a glass wall which became milky when I switched in on. The AC control panel was a small computer with a lot of functions and it worked perfectly. TV had all international channels.
Gym and Spa were excellent as well. Well equipped and clean.
As I said, the best Novotel I ever stayed at and one of the best hotels overall. Great value for money (payed around 50EUR/night).
The only negative points were the dirty windows and the location outside of Taipei. At least I had the opportunity to use the high speed railway:-) Front desk sold bus tickets to the railway station and called the bus driver to get the exact pick up time (in stead of reading it from the timetable).

A few days after checking out I received a personal eMail from the General Manager. He was very thankful for my detailed feedback and added all related departments into cc.

Definitely my first choice in TPE!

RJ77 Jun 30, 2011 5:37 pm

This is no Grand Hyatt. As long as you adjust your expectation then I concur that this is one of the best Novotel anyone can stay in. Last stay was in March. Great to just dip in the warm jacuzzi pool after a day's work. Didn't want to get out. Great gym as well with a trainer on site. I got upgraded to a club floor with lounge access, great! If you need to be in Taoyuan, this is the only place to stay. Taipei city is too far away to be convenient.

If you want a guaranteed room upon arrival, then book the room for 8/14 with a cc. It would be very gracious of Novotel to check you in at 2am for a 8/15 booking when the normal check-in time is 2pm. However, you can email directly about this.

bearteacher Dec 7, 2011 7:15 pm

about its club lounge?

Anything nice in this club lounge, especially for the snack options?

thank you for your reply.

RJ77 Dec 8, 2011 12:05 am

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...y2011055-1.jpg

Nice when it's complimentary access. :)

gibosity Dec 17, 2011 4:14 am

The club lounge is adequate, although nothing too exciting. I found the service excellent though.

I stay here twice a day and always enjoy my stay. The staff are attentive and the hotel is still quite new.

Awesom Andy Dec 19, 2011 4:16 am

I stayed there a couple of weeks ago. Staff and services are excellent all round, and I was given a free upgrade to the club floor with a couple of drinks vouchers (and that's 2 vouchers for a solo stay). I think it's one of the better Novotels around.

enelym1978 Dec 26, 2011 7:01 pm

Looks like they upgrade quite frequently... The occupancy must not be that great. TPE is not really what I would call the busiest airport in the world either.

I'll stay there next month, being Platinum, I hope I can also get an upgrade :D

I'll only be using it as transit hotel since my flight is at 7h45. Don't feel like waking up 1h earlier and cab from the city center.

thomas199023 Feb 24, 2014 11:02 am

Bump, any recent experiences? Also whats the platinum recognition like?

Exleftseat Mar 18, 2014 11:13 am

Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport

Has anybody been out there lately? Is it worth paying an extra $ 70.00 to upgrade to the Premier Executive Floor Suite 1 King Bed from the Standard King Size room?

whirlybird Mar 18, 2014 4:36 pm

We stayed in a standard King last week on a promo rate (USD102/TWD3080 inc breakfast) and loved the room although still haven't figured out the purpose of the "magic" shower wall. It wouldn't be worth an extra $70 to me to upgrade. This is a great hotel, the service is amazing - we arrived at 1:00 am and there was someone at the airport to meet us, we weren't expecting that!

Exleftseat Mar 19, 2014 9:29 am

Originally Posted by whirlybird (Post 22547676)
We stayed in a standard King last week on a promo rate (USD102/TWD3080 inc breakfast) and loved the room although still haven't figured out the purpose of the "magic" shower wall. It wouldn't be worth an extra $70 to me to upgrade. This is a great hotel, the service is amazing - we arrived at 1:00 am and there was someone at the airport to meet us, we weren't expecting that!

Great. That's the rate I am looking at, so I will stay at that category. Thanks^

drzoidberg Mar 19, 2014 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT (Post 22551395)
Great. That's the rate I am looking at, so I will stay at that category. Thanks^

Do you need a code for that promo rate or is it on the hotel website?

RJ77 Mar 20, 2014 5:48 am

Originally Posted by whirlybird (Post 22547676)
still haven't figured out the purpose of the "magic" shower wall.

It's a lot quicker than drawing the blinds, automated or not.

CHCflyer Mar 22, 2014 4:14 pm

Ask for an airport view as the opposite side of the building looks over the China Airlines' head office and is very close and dreary. The airport view is not noisy but can relieve the tedium of looking at an office block. Note that the office side is also the front entrance of the hotel and is used regularly by buses and so on to drop off airline staff at all hours.

If you are a plane buff you can walk through the hotel gardens to the air force museum which is really within walking distance) and is free to wander around. They have static old US military planes that are interesting. The museum will close when the next terminal is constructed, which will fill the space between the hotel and the existing terminal complex.
Staff are great and if you have any issues, contact the GM. He is a French guy who response rapidly to requests and comments. I had one and the customer team were onto me the next morning to discuss over complimentary breakfast - and it was nothing serious, just one of those first world issues that plague travellers nowadays.