Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport

Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport

Old Mar 31, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: most of them
I stayed there one night last October. I liked it quite a bit. My room had a giant stuffed panda in a provocative pose which was very odd. I am pretty sure I booked a regular room. I had platinum status at the time. Not sure if that got me much. It was raining pretty steadily so unfortunately my airport view wasn't so great. The dinner buffet was quite good.

The free shuttle bus fills up pretty quickly in the morning.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Do you need a code for that promo rate or is it on the hotel website?
It's on the Accor website. Seems to be the regular rate which is cheaper than their current promo rate and does include breakfast.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:45 pm

Tried to get some info from the hotel, but no response. Does anyone have an e-mail address contact other than the e-mail option on the website?
Also, do they still offer a free shuttle bus service to downtown Taipei?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by CHCflyer
Ask for an airport view as the opposite side of the building looks over the China Airlines' head office and is very close and dreary. The airport view is not noisy but can relieve the tedium of looking at an office block. Note that the office side is also the front entrance of the hotel and is used regularly by buses and so on to drop off airline staff at all hours.

If you are a plane buff you can walk through the hotel gardens to the air force museum which is really within walking distance) and is free to wander around. They have static old US military planes that are interesting. The museum will close when the next terminal is constructed, which will fill the space between the hotel and the existing terminal complex.
Staff are great and if you have any issues, contact the GM. He is a French guy who response rapidly to requests and comments. I had one and the customer team were onto me the next morning to discuss over complimentary breakfast - and it was nothing serious, just one of those first world issues that plague travellers nowadays.
Thanks for the tips^
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:17 pm
Community Director Emerita

I'm interested in staying here for a late in early out stay in early March. Nonrefundable rates are running $150. I'd prefer a rate I can cancel. That hits closer to $200. Are there any codes such as AAA or Hilton's MVP that bring the rate down? I've got a free night booked 20 minutes down the road at Holiday Inn Express Taoyuan, but would rather cut out the commute time.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jan 10, 2015 at 9:25 pm
Old Jan 11, 2015, 2:11 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I'm interested in staying here for a late in early out stay in early March. Nonrefundable rates are running $150. I'd prefer a rate I can cancel. That hits closer to $200. Are there any codes such as AAA or Hilton's MVP that bring the rate down? I've got a free night booked 20 minutes down the road at Holiday Inn Express Taoyuan, but would rather cut out the commute time.
Afraid not, Accor do not operate such codes. If you are planning to stay regularly in the Asia/Pacific region the Advantage Plus programme might be worth looking into. However you have to sign up in country. This thread explains http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor...t-country.html
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:05 am

Thanks, starflyergold.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:08 pm

Much nicer than the HIX, too.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Turkish Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold
stayed here and it was a nice stay as a hotel closed to the airport
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Much nicer than the HIX, too.
Can you compare and contrast, please?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:34 am

Of course this might not be everyone's cup of tea, but the decor is much more different - the Novotel is very modern with the whole headboard lighting up, lots of glass in the bathrooms (magic glass too), wardrobes etc are the "integrated" roof to ceiling type with dark woodgrain, all have a modern look. Almost like an Aloft (but a step nicer IMO).

HIX is still nice and clean, but much more "traditional". Of course, you can't beat free though, so might not be worth switching.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 8:40 am

Thanks, belfordrocks. How is the food? What about at the airport? We want Asian, not western.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 3:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Would be interested in any updates on this property.
And any way to make cheaper.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by benberg2013
Would be interested in any updates on this property.
And any way to make cheaper.
I just stayed there. There is a free hotel shuttle bus, which runs every 30 minutes, except during the night, from Terminals 1 & 2 to the Novotel. I booked a month in advance and paid 3500 TWD + 350 TWD tax = 3850 TWD, for a standard room, incl. b/f. I had no complaints, as airport hotels go. There are limited options at TPE. There is a Evergreen hotel inside the airport, airside, but when I last checked it was no cheaper. (This would be similar to the SIN Transit Hotel.) Accor Hotels offers sales from time to time.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
I just stayed there. There is a free hotel shuttle bus, which runs every 30 minutes, except during the night, from Terminals 1 & 2 to the Novotel. I booked a month in advance and paid 3500 TWD + 350 TWD tax = 3850 TWD, for a standard room, incl. b/f. I had no complaints, as airport hotels go. There are limited options at TPE. There is a Evergreen hotel inside the airport, airside, but when I last checked it was no cheaper. (This would be similar to the SIN Transit Hotel.) Accor Hotels offers sales from time to time.
Thanks. Seeing the same price. Is it walkable?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.