Wiki Posts
Search

Review of Sofitel Phokeetra Phnom Penh

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond

Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra

Map| 3 Reviews | 67% Recommended

26 Old August Site Sothearos Boulevard Phnom Penh, KH

Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra (34 Photos)

I stayed again recently at this very nice hotel. Nothing much to add to my previous report in the post just above I had booked the same room category and received the same upgrade. Drink voucher, fruit basket and club access. Excellent staff everywhere.

Wifi was working (again) normally (last year it was extremely slow). I had already tried the spa before but this time I spent more time in as I booked a rate including 1 hr of massage every dayThis spa is really great !

Among the new things, although not directly about the hotel, the adjacent Aeon mall is now open. And this is for the best and for the worst. The "best" : it's a luxurious very nice mall but with western prices (and even more expensive) : $111 for a Levis 501 at the Levis store). The worst : it generates so much traffic during the week end that the entire area is completely paralyzed. PNH airport is literally downtown and it never took me more than 30 min for airport/hotel trip (and reverse). This time, I landed in PNH at 6 pm and it took me 2h15 to reach the Sofitel, including 1h15 to make the last 700m. Even the tuk tuk and motorbikes could not pass. It seems that it's like that every week ends, particularly in the evening (I didn't have any similar problem the other days). Overall, the city is really booming (constructions everywhere) and traffic has clearly increased dramatically in the entire city.

Overall

So, another nice stay there and I definitely recommend this hotel if you go to Phnom Penh. I never posted pics during my previous reviews, so here are some, including the Club Millime. Enjoy

Main lobby and corridor :

Swimming pool (for hotel guests, as there is another one for external guests who have a subscription).

Luxury room :

and luxury toilets

Club Millime :

the Spa :

Would you like to write a review on the Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra?

No, thank you.
Yes
Dav77 likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond

A quick review of my 5th stay at Sofitel Phnom Penh. Another excellent stay. Platinum recognition is always perfect in this hotel (check-in/out in lounge, club access, room upgrade, VIP treatment, drink voucher, etc).

Accor Cambodia properties (Siem Reap and Phnom Penh) are really the best ^

The hotel neighborhood is changing fast (for the best). Every year, I'm completely amazed by all the new constructions around and in PNH in general (from the lounge you have a very nice view on the city).

On my day of departure, an helicopter landed in the hotel garden. I thought that maybe it was a new Platinum benefit with free helicopter transfer to the airport , but unfortunately no, just a kind of super VIP at the hotel

Old Mar 11, 2017, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

I recently completed my 6th stay in this very nice Accor property in Cambodia. A quick post to just say that this property is still as great as before. Excellent Platinum treatment (room upgrade, club millésime access with nice offering, drink voucher, VIP treatment).
Another highly recommend hotel in SE Asia, in the fast growing Phnom Penh !
Old Mar 24, 2018, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Another recent stay in this great property. I don't have anything new to report compared to my previous posts, so I will remain brief. Still an excellent Platinum recognition. Everything was all good during the stay. As every year, plenty of new constructions around.
I still highly recommend this hotel if you go to PNH.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I recently stayed here too. The only disappointments were having no Accor Plus dining benefit and the gate closest to Aeon closing at 10 pm so if you leave the mall at 10 pm when it’s closing you need to walk the long way which really floods when it rains (I’m talking 20cm deep water on the main entrance road to hotel).

Lounge is the best asset although hot snacks were minimal.

Lovely pool and nice rooms.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:29 am

CM has moved to the Lobby near to the lifts across from the Business Centre. Apparently the 12th Floor is only used for meetings now.

I counted about 30 chairs. There is also one attached meeting room with space for a group of about 8 people. No age restriction on entry to CM.

Here are some photos:

Dav77 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Amazing property !

Have been there on 2015. Can’t wait to come again
Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
CM has moved to the Lobby near to the lifts across from the Business Centre. Apparently the 12th Floor is only used for meetings now.

I counted about 30 chairs. There is also one attached meeting room with space for a group of about 8 people. No age restriction on entry to CM.

Here are some photos:

Thank you for the pictures. Not bad but certainly not as nice as before. Can you look at my review in post #16 above and look at the 4th picture. Is the club now on the left where the Chocolate boutique/café was ? In this review you can also see the former Club when it was on the top floor
Old Mar 9, 2019, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

I was looking at the 1st page of this thread. I am 100% sure that there were plenty of pictures in my first reviews of this hotel and they have all disappeared
This is not the 1st time this is happening in FT
Old Mar 9, 2019, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak

Thank you for the pictures. Not bad but certainly not as nice as before. Can you look at my review in post #16 above and look at the 4th picture. Is the club now on the left where the Chocolate boutique/café was ? In this review you can also see the former Club when it was on the top floor
I looked at your photos including the fourth photo but I cannot really distinguish the shops. I tried to give a more detailed answer to your question in the Amenities thread. I really don't remember any chocolate boutique/cafe in that corridor but I could be wrong. And certainly the new CM has lots of windows.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:16 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I was looking at the 1st page of this thread. I am 100% sure that there were plenty of pictures in my first reviews of this hotel and they have all disappeared
This is not the 1st time this is happening in FT
Please contact support as this should not have happened: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/support-services-385/
Old Mar 9, 2019, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Please contact support as this should not have happened: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/support-services-385/
Done. Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.