Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2010, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver
Sofitel Lisbon Liberdade

I'm planning a Lisbon trip in April. Looks like this one is in a good position for getting around. Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between the superior and luxury rooms apart from space? Just wondering if its worth paying extra for.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 5:55 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
This is one of my favourite Sofitels (and I have sampled quite a few) and the very first one I have ever stayed in. The luxury rooms are bigger (some significantly) and feature an espresso machine. It really depends on how much you value the extra space.

Unusually for a hotel restaurant the Ad Lib restaurant is very very good. Location is great and this Sofitel has always been IMHO very good value (regardless of which room category you stay in).
Old Dec 4, 2010, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks! Good to hear about the restaurant as we actually tend to avoid eating at hotel restaurants ( apart from breakfast). I'm tempted to just book the luxury room but I am meant to be trying to economise more this year
Old Dec 4, 2010, 3:16 pm

Programs: Turkish Airlines Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Accor A-Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
This Sofitel is a real gem!

We stayed there this summer in what I believe was a luxury room... clean, well-appointed, comfortable. Service (both Front Desk and Room Service) was professional without being pretentious... some very nice, warm people working there.

AdLib was *okay* in our opinion -- not bad, but we thought that there were better options within walking distance. Sacramento, for example, is a quick cab ride (or about a 10-15 minute walk) from Sofitel Liberdade and was a wonderful place to have dinner.

Think you're going to have a wonderful time!
Old Dec 5, 2010, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the restaurant tip. Whilst researching the hotel I had found a few reports saying that food was disappointing in Lisbon. I find that strange. Surely there are as many options there as in any similar sized destination?
Also seen conflicting reports about bar prices in the hotel. I was in Hua Hin Sofitel in the summer and have to say that I just refused to pay the extortianate prices there when I could find plenty options with 5 minutes. We don't mind paying a little over the odds.
Just out of interest, I am not getting a Club floor option. Does this hotel not have one?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 2:00 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Club floors are usually only found in the Asian Sofitels (or London airports).

I did not consider the bar prices high but there are endless bars a short stroll away.

FYI: The Lisbon Sofitel won the 2009 Tripadvisor Travellers Choice Award and was on the 2006 Conde Nast Traveler Hot List
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:20 pm

Programs: Turkish Airlines Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Accor A-Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
@fiona: I agree! I honestly can't understand people who can't find a good meal in Lisbon! Haven't they heard of Pastéis de Belém

As you allude to -- like in every other place, a little research goes a long way. Lisbon had, in our experience, great food at excellent prices for Western Europe. We stayed at Sofitel Liberdade for a week and, between our own finds and the suggestions of the concierge desk, never ran out of enjoyable experiences -- culinary or otherwise!
Old Dec 6, 2010, 1:44 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Veritrope
Haven't they heard of Pastéis de Belém
Heaven on earth ^, grab some pastries and sit in the sun in the park, then have a wander over to the Museu Colecção Berardo. Recipe for a perfect afternoon.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 2:11 am
Original Poster

I was already looking forward to the custart tarts Hadn't thought there was a factory to visit- love their version of a light lunch! Not sure how much sun we will have at the beginning of April but as long as its nice to wander around in.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 7:43 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
"Bump" please...

Has anyone stayed here lately? How are Platinum members treated here?

Thank you.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
"Bump" please...

Has anyone stayed here lately? How are Platinum members treated here?

Thank you.
Sorry, this is not an answer. But, I have the same question. Friends are going to stay there from this weekend to attend the International Rotary convention. They are coming to London to stay with us after that. So I will ask them.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by A1pax
Sorry, this is not an answer. But, I have the same question. Friends are going to stay there from this weekend to attend the International Rotary convention. They are coming to London to stay with us after that. So I will ask them.
Thnks for the offer...interested in Platinum experiences if possible. ^
Old Jun 21, 2013, 9:00 am

We will stay at this hotel in early July as Platinum. I will post my experience here in mid-July. We recently stayed at Grand Ambassador with Pullman in Seoul as Platinum. They gave us a room upgrade on a higher floor and we chose gifts of sweet pastries & water bottle. Wifi was also free in room. They did not offer us access to Exec lounge or breakfast (like the Hilton Gold). However, I don't think Sofitel / Accor gives free breakfast to Platinum.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
My experience is already a few years ago, but I was disappointed with the lack of platinum benefits. One of our three rooms was given a better view than booked (of the street, rather than the interior) and I got one welcome drink. That was it. No breakfast, no lounge, no welcome gift.

Originally Posted by A1pax
However, I don't think Sofitel / Accor gives free breakfast to Platinum.
Some hotels do, especially ones in Asia, check out this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/le-cl...er-thread.html. Unfortunately there is no consistency across the brand.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 9:09 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
My experience is already a few years ago, but I was disappointed with the lack of platinum benefits. One of our three rooms was given a better view than booked (of the street, rather than the interior) and I got one welcome drink. That was it. No breakfast, no lounge, no welcome gift.
Well there is no lounge at the Sofitel Lisbon. Last time I stayed I got an upgrade, drinks voucher and welcome gift.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.