Wiki Posts
Search

Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:53 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
Great report and pictures, uggboy. I'll be staying there again next year, one overnight and one day-room, I was thinking of splurging and staying in an Executive room, your report has convinced me that it would be worth it.

I didn't see the gardens when I stayed there, I'll be sure to check them out this time.

I did find the breakfast to be a bit disappointing, but I only chose the western food. I had dinner at The Square which was great, but next time I'll try Sala Thai.

Again, thanks for the interesting report.
Thanks for your compliments BadgerBoi, yes, the Novotel is a great property and in our books the Executive Rooms are worth the extra, plus the Thai Garden is gorgeous and feels like an Oasis within an Oasis. Enjoy your stays ahead, equally we look also forward to stay at this property in the future. Cheers.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
A useful thread as I have a stopover there later this year. Thanks all. Excellent pictures uggboy!

Have splashed out for a Junior Suite with Executive Lounge access!
Old Jan 23, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
I regularly stay at the hotel and the quality has deteriorated in the past year. I was just there. Know what my bonus was? The last guest's undergarments on the floor, by the window. This tells me, no one bothered to vacuum the carpet before I checked in.

Know what else I got? Instant coffee at breakfast. Gone are the wonderful coffee machines that made strong coffee, espresso, café latte etc.

Last checkin, went smoothly because I came in mid afternoon at off peak.. Unfortunately, the previous stays were annoying delays. The supposed preferential line for checkin for members was not used.

I could go on and on about the deteriorating quality, but I won't. The hotel charges a premium price for nothing much. I've been far more impressed by the Amari at DMK. Not as fancy, but a realistic and fair rate.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:42 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
I regularly stay at the hotel and the quality has deteriorated in the past year. I was just there. Know what my bonus was? The last guest's undergarments on the floor, by the window. This tells me, no one bothered to vacuum the carpet before I checked in.

Know what else I got? Instant coffee at breakfast. Gone are the wonderful coffee machines that made strong coffee, espresso, café latte etc.

Last checkin, went smoothly because I came in mid afternoon at off peak.. Unfortunately, the previous stays were annoying delays. The supposed preferential line for checkin for members was not used.

I could go on and on about the deteriorating quality, but I won't. The hotel charges a premium price for nothing much. I've been far more impressed by the Amari at DMK. Not as fancy, but a realistic and fair rate.
Unless you're transiting in BKK, with late night arrival and early morning departure the next day, I can't see why anyone bothers to stay there and pay 2-3 times more than the Novotels in the city.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:50 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by RJ77
Unless you're transiting in BKK, with late night arrival and early morning departure the next day, I can't see why anyone bothers to stay there and pay 2-3 times more than the Novotels in the city.
Of course - that's the exact point of airport hotels, isn't it?

Another reason to use it is in my case I have an early morning arrival from Europe and an evening flight onward to Australia the same day, and I can't be bothered going into the city. They make it very easy to book a day room, unlike a lot of places.

I've stayed in far worse hotels.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 4:49 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Interesting to read of some negatives. Good to go with managed expectations.

I am staying in the hotel for less than 24 hours with early morning arrival and departure. I need a nice room, lounge and pool, which will hopefully all be of a satisfactory quality.

It is certainly not cheap, but the short stay and convenience are key and I know that is what some of my GBPs will be getting me.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 10:15 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Interesting to read of some negatives. Good to go with managed expectations.

I am staying in the hotel for less than 24 hours with early morning arrival and departure. I need a nice room, lounge and pool, which will hopefully all be of a satisfactory quality.

It is certainly not cheap, but the short stay and convenience are key and I know that is what some of my GBPs will be getting me.
There is a nice pool, but I wasn't aware that there is also a lounge here! Club Accor Platinums get access to this lounge?

Old Jan 24, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Like any airport hotel, it gets crowded during peak travel times with the Christmas/New Years period the absolute worst. Parts of the pool area don't get much sun for parts of the day because it is in an "courtyard" between the wings. This exacerbates the fight to find an available sun bed. However, it does have a nice pool, albeit with cold water. I'll be staying again soon , as I am coming from Hua Hin, and it is the most convenient place to stay for an early morning flight. Off peak season , it is fine..

One of the big complaints guests have about the airport is the lack of complimentary wifi like one gets at other Novotels like the Fenix Silom. Management has apparently heard the message loud and clear and is now providing a complimentary 12 hour access to card holders and has posted a sign at check in that explains why there are issues with the wifi. Apparently, it is all the doing of the AoT which controls wifi access on the airport lands. Novotel has been getting blasted by guests for the expensive access and it turns out it is actually the Thai government unit, Airports of Thailand that is responsible for the irritating situation. I suggest if one needs wifi access to ask when booking, and you make get it included. I did last time, and I received it, and it was a peak travel weektoo.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Kalboz
There is a nice pool, but I wasn't aware that there is also a lounge here! Club Accor Platinums get access to this lounge?

Yes, there's an Executive Lounge located in the business center, where we had also check-in, free happy hour drinks, snacks and free breakfast. Overall very nice and recommended. We aren't PLT with Accor, but we've booked the Premier / Premium room category which incl. Club Lounge access. As stated they offer also the Junior Suite with Club Lounge access. Cheers.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:29 pm

A useful thread as I have a stopover there later this year. Thanks all. Excellent pictures uggboy!

Have splashed out for a Junior Suite with Executive Lounge access!
Thanks for your compliments. Enjoy your stay and you might report back here on FT about your experiences. Cheers.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Another reason to use it is in my case I have an early morning arrival from Europe and an evening flight onward to Australia the same day, and I can't be bothered going into the city. They make it very easy to book a day room, unlike a lot of places.
My exact reason for booking a day room here - 9 hrs between incoming and departure. Absolutely no sense to go downtown. On my way back I'll have an overnighter between a late incoming and morning departure.

These will be my forst stays at this property, so looking forward to it.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
My exact reason for booking a day room here - 9 hrs between incoming and departure. Absolutely no sense to go downtown. On my way back I'll have an overnighter between a late incoming and morning departure.

These will be my forst stays at this property, so looking forward to it.
Sounds like similar flights as me - Finnair?

I enjoyed my stay there and I'm looking forward to staying there again in March. My room was great, next time I'm going to splurge and stay in a suite overnight.

My day room was a bit basic, but it did the trick. I arrived early, had a few hours sleep, lunch in one of the restaurants, another nap and then left for my evening flight on to Sydney. No underwear on the floor from previous guests, I guess that's an amenity for people with status (ick!)

Last edited by BadgerBoi; Jan 24, 2015 at 3:10 pm
Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:49 pm

I enjoyed my stay there and I'm looking forward to staying there again in March. My room was great, next time I'm going to splurge and stay in a suite overnight.
Hope you have a great stay.

I will be visiting after your stay, so please let us know about your experience.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:54 pm

Transpacificflyer - did you complain at the time or subsequently about your poor experiences?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 4:09 pm

Hope you have a great stay.

I will be visiting after your stay, so please let us know about your experience.
I think you read my Finnair trip report? I think I wrote about my stay there. I'll probably do another trip report next time.

One more thing re the wifi. I joined le club accorhotels before I booked, and when I checked in for the overnight stay they gave me free wifi for 12 hours - I didn't have to ask they just said they gave it to me as I was a member. On my return for the day room I had to pay for wifi. I found the speed to be ok, but coming from Australia as I do I'm used to slow wifi as a standard

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.