Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra golf resort and spa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra golf resort and spa

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Very nice Starflyergold! Much like.
I now have two people to go to for referrals at this property.
my pleasure
Old Mar 11, 2017, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I completed recently my 12th stay in this jewel (6 nights and this is always too short ). Not a lot to add to what has already been said for my previous reviews and by others who were lucky to go there. Excellent stay and platinum treatment. Room was upgraded to Junior suite. When I mentioned that they forgot the drink voucher, they gave me two to apologize
The treatment we received was of course wayyy over a regular platinum treatment. It was a royal treatment every day thanks to all the staff we know there and who are as happy as us to see each other again.
Among new things, they have reorganized the little room behind the bar into a place where you can have wine tasting and nice meals. There was one night a special dinner organized with some Bordeaux wine tastings. It was a fantastic meal which you can have in a 2 star Michelin restaurant in France (their current chief is Indian).
Overall...can't wait to go back of course. Bye bye friends, see you soon and thank you for the fantastic time we're having with you when staying in your hotel.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 11, 2017, 4:58 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I completed recently my 12th stay in this jewel (6 nights and this is always too short ). Not a lot to add to what has already been said for my previous reviews and by others who were lucky to go there. Excellent stay and platinum treatment. Room was upgraded to Junior suite. When I mentioned that they forgot the drink voucher, they gave me two to apologize
The treatment we received was of course wayyy over a regular platinum treatment. It was a royal treatment every day thanks to all the staff we know there and who are as happy as us to see each other again.
Among new things, they have reorganized the little room behind the bar into a place where you can have wine tasting and nice meals. There was one night a special dinner organized with some Bordeaux wine tastings. It was a fantastic meal which you can have in a 2 star Michelin restaurant in France (their current chief is Indian).
Overall...can't wait to go back of course. Bye bye friends, see you soon and thank you for the fantastic time we're having with you when staying in your hotel.
Some familiar faces, truly a top notch hotel ^
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:31 pm

May I ask....is this property missing an Executive Lounge/Club Millesmile?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:00 pm
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by chs68
May I ask....is this property missing an Executive Lounge/Club Millesmile?
Correct, this hotel does not have a lounge. It is still a fantastic hotel though.
chs68 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Accor Gold BW Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Correct, this hotel does not have a lounge. It is still a fantastic hotel though.
Checked out this morning. Completely agree.
starflyergold and uggboy like this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by vvn1972
Checked out this morning. Completely agree.
always happy to read this. Please tell us more
uggboy likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:45 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC Silver
Based on the glowing reviews (and also wanting to maximise my Plat benefits before the status expires at the end of this year), I've booked myself 3 nights at Sofitel Angkor for a long weekend in mid-December and I'm really looking forward to it.

Questions:

- I assume December is one of the "cooler" months. Is it common for tourists to cycle from the hotel to Angkor Wat? Does the hotel have bikes to rent or shall I look for shops outside?

- Got an email today confirming that I will have a one-level upgrade due to my Plat status. The email also asks for my credit card CVV number - I'm not sure I'm comfortable providing the information via email. Has anyone had this issue, and what did you do?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:54 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by citygourmande
Got an email today confirming that I will have a one-level upgrade due to my Plat status. The email also asks for my credit card CVV number - I'm not sure I'm comfortable providing the information via email. Has anyone had this issue, and what did you do?
I never email my CVV, call them and give to them over the phone though I am not sure why it is needed in advance. In any case enjoy this fab hotel.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

I assume December is one of the "cooler" months. Is it common for tourists to cycle from the hotel to Angkor Wat? Does the hotel have bikes to rent or shall I look for shops outside?
Excellent hotel choice
Yes, they have bikes for rent for sure. I don't know if their prices are competitive for this. And yes, it is common to see people riding a bike to go to the temples. But...frankly IMO the tuk tuk is the best way to visit. Riding a bike is not difficult in the sense that it's completely flat, but it's hot. OK december is the coolest month as you said, but for westerners it's still hot and so you'll likely get very tired and hot at the end of the day. Tuk tuk are cheap and are a very pleasant way to go around.

BTW, I just booked my next stay
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:08 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Excellent hotel choice
Yes, they have bikes for rent for sure. I don't know if their prices are competitive for this. And yes, it is common to see people riding a bike to go to the temples. But...frankly IMO the tuk tuk is the best way to visit. Riding a bike is not difficult in the sense that it's completely flat, but it's hot. OK december is the coolest month as you said, but for westerners it's still hot and so you'll likely get very tired and hot at the end of the day. Tuk tuk are cheap and are a very pleasant way to go around.

BTW, I just booked my next stay
I was there last December and it was HOT (for delicate Europeans like me). Hiring from the hotel an air-conditioned car and driver was the best thing to explore Angkor Wat. Everyone to their own of course.
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: LH-SEN

- I assume December is one of the "cooler" months. Is it common for tourists to cycle from the hotel to Angkor Wat? Does the hotel have bikes to rent or shall I look for shops outside?
They waived the bike hire charge for me for a couple of half days, can't remember what the cost would have been but don't recall being shocked by it. They have relatively good quality mountain bikes (plus helmets and water bottles) - better than those from several other Accor properties I could mention.

That said, the distances around Angkor are not insignificant and while it's an easy pedal to Angkor Wat, if you want to go on a bigger circuit then it's more of an issue (and I'd suggest that you do, or should!).

Tuk tuks or cars are easy to arrange, or if you want the 'freedom' of driving yourself then e-bikes are available in town.
Goldorak and citygourmande like this.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by starflyergold
I never email my CVV, call them and give to them over the phone though I am not sure why it is needed in advance. In any case enjoy this fab hotel.

I'd already provided my credit card details (incl. CVV) when I booked through Accor's website. The hotel says their system doesn't have access to that information (weird...), but they said I can just pay on arrival (I'm hoping they meant I could still pay the advanced room rate on arrival).

Oddly, my credit card has not been billed with this booking, nor for the other two Accor bookings I made for Vietnam in Dec 2017/Jan 2018. Previously when I booked European properties on Accor they charge my credit card very quickly.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
We stayed in Nov 2015 and rented bikes for the first day. Bikes were good and the cost was USD 10 per bike. We did the smaller circuit by bike. The temperature wasn't an issue for us, especially in the morning hours. And there is quite a bit of shade along some of the roads.

The next day we rented a tuk tuk for the day: went to watch sunset, returned to the hotel for breakfast, then did a trip to the floating villages followed by the larger Angkor Wat circuit. The hotel arranged the tuk tuk driver for us and it was a pleasant ride.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 10:03 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Thanks everyone for your advice and suggestion.

I checked-out yesterday and overall it was lovely stay (except for a number of mosquito bites - not the hotel's fault of course). The service was top-notch and none of the platinum benefits were forgotten.

I rented the mountain bike (Giant - good quality) and cycled to the temples. Although hot, it was an easy ride and it was actually cooler whilst cycling than when I was walking around the temples because of the breeze and shade from the trees. The bike rental cost USD 10 but now come to think of it it didn't appear on the final bill.

I was only there for a long weekend and would love to go back to visit some of the more far-flung temples. As much as I enjoyed my stay at Sofitel I might try a more boutique-style hotel next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.