Fairmont Pacific Rim

Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: Amex Plat CAN
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Great review. I agree, the robes at Pac Rim are some of the best I have ever had. I have 2 in my home, I love them so much,.
I never even thought of that! How did you purchase them? Did you just ask the front desk? I'm still in town for a couple days so I might just go ahead and buy a couple
Old Mar 15, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Kendryk
I never even thought of that! How did you purchase them? Did you just ask the front desk? I'm still in town for a couple days so I might just go ahead and buy a couple
I just took the ones out of my room and informed them via the royal service button on my phone. I forget what they charged me - sorry.
Old May 17, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I've been staying here on a weekly basis lately. I must say, I still can't get over the beauty of this hotel. I enjoy walking into it every time I return. Sitting in my room, watching float planes land and take off, is weirdly enjoyable. The windows open a bit for the added noise effect, if you want. The service is always great. The lobby bar is awesome, albeit expensive. Vancouver weather has been so good lately - It's nice to step out of the hotel and be on the water.
Old May 17, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
I have a weekend stay booked for the end of June and am looking forward to visiting this hotel. I've stayed at the old Fairmont a long time ago, and last year I spent a night at the Vancouver Four Seasons. Last year I spent 10 nights at Fairmonts, so got a bump in Presidents Club status for this year.
Old May 23, 2016, 8:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Another great stay at the Pac Rim last night. We had a free night expiring next month, so we took advantage of the long weekend to stay downtown. Got an upgrade to a harbour view, and some chocolates as an amenity, though I'm guessing that's probably more from being repeat guests than from being Premier.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 6:57 pm

Used our Chase free night certificate to stay here the night before a cruise. Great stay!
Got upgraded to a harbor view room and enjoyed watching our ship dock in the morning. The room was beautiful.
The breakfast buffet was incredible. We used breakfast certificates to cover breakfast.
Very cool hotel!
Old Jun 26, 2016, 9:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
I just spent 2 days here, and what everyone has already said covers most of my thoughts.

1 problem I have with the hotel is that the live music in the lobby starts at noon on weekends, and 2pm during the week. And this music is loud, and the acoustics of the room don't help. And then people talk louder to be heard.

In short, if you want to have a conversation, this is not the place to be once the music is going. We actually had a hard time at checkin because we had a hard time communicating over the noise.

Saturday night was a full 5 piece band - and they're right next to the access from the front door to the elevator lobby. Take earplugs for this walk. Although this was less annoying, since it was Saturday night.

Luckily, none of this could be heard in my room.

Oru has similar acoustics, and got really loud when the restaurant was full at 11am for Sunday brunch. Earlier was much quieter.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 1:35 pm

What is the standard room called to be able to use a certificate here?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by pickles1107
What is the standard room called to be able to use a certificate here?
Assuming you're talking about using free night certs, you need to book a "Fairmont room".
Old Sep 1, 2016, 7:27 pm

Upgrade Certs

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Assuming you're talking about using free night certs, you need to book a "Fairmont room".
In the same vein, what would be the room called where one could use the suite or room upgrade certs? Thank you!
Old Sep 1, 2016, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by hpfiend
In the same vein, what would be the room called where one could use the suite or room upgrade certs? Thank you!
Unless something has changed recently, a suite upgrade cert books into a "Junior Suite" (which is much less generous than it used to be).

The room upgrade cert entitles you to an upgrade to the next room category, e.g. Fairmont room -> Deluxe City view room, or Deluxe City view room -> Partial Harbour View room.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 2:38 pm

Programs: Amex Plat CAN
I have never succeeded in getting a suite upgrade at Pac Rim, but they have been quite generous with their upgrades to the Deluxe Partial Harbour View from a Fairmont room (2 cat upgrade) via FHR or use a room upgrade cert.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I can't find any day in 2017 with "junior suite" availability, and their accommodation page doesn't list one either. I'm hypothesizing that they realigned again. Perhaps the "city view suite" (lowest price) is the basic one now? Any recent experience?

[UPDATE] - called Fairmont, it's still the junior suite and it's available on some days, but it positively NEVER shows online. So you have to call for availability. Hotel lists two possible suites to FPC but in all dates I tried, only one is ever available. This is consistent with the info I got from the check in agent, that there is only ONE junior suite, not two.

Last edited by italdesign; Nov 6, 2016 at 9:06 am
Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign

[UPDATE] - called Fairmont, it's still the junior suite and it's available on some days, but it positively NEVER shows online. So you have to call for availability. Hotel lists two possible suites to FPC but in all dates I tried, only one is ever available. This is consistent with the info I got from the check in agent, that there is only ONE junior suite, not two.
I've always wondered how they sell those suites or how they allocate them to the public. Must be difficult to sell a room without a description let alone one you can't book online.

I remember when I would get a sinature suite, what is now a gold one bedroom suite here in the early days but that didn't last long.

The junior suites I have stayed in at this hotel are the suite below the "Cube" suite and the bottom corner suite ending in a 6 in the main tower. It was 506, 606 or 706 I think. They have changed room categories here too often for me to keep up.

I'm actually staying here in a few days and we'll see what my excellent and local Virtuoso agent can pull for me as I wasn't able to redeem a suite upgrade.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 9:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kokinos
I've always wondered how they sell those suites or how they allocate them to the public. Must be difficult to sell a room without a description let alone one you can't book online.
Pretty obvious what they are doing - allocate ONE room out of the entire property for suite upgrades to satisfy program requirement, with no intention to use it for any other purpose.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.