Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Pacific Rim

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by ireman
Going there next week, any recommendation ?

Book with FHR got a free night manage to book first night with free night certs and room upgrade to a deluxe then will be moved for the rest of stay in gold level that we reserved.
Then amex lady told me they might depending on avail moved you to a better gold room since i book with FHR ... humm didn't know that.
Will be there to visit and chill for a week.

thanks
Just make sure you get a harbor view. That's all that matters IMO
Old May 12, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: Four Seasons PP, RW Elite, Dorchester Diamond, Virtuoso, PenClub, Privé, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Just make sure you get a harbor view. That's all that matters IMO
+1 for the Harbour View. We were there recently and the views from our room were fantastic. Outstanding hotel!
Old May 15, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat
Just a short note to say that I had the pleasure of having lunch at the Botanist restaurant on the second floor of the hotel yesterday - wow.

Pacific Northwest cuisine, beautifully plated, service was extraordinary. Highly recommended.

It's been open since last summer. Ranked #60 on the top 100 restaurants in the country for 2018.
Old May 15, 2018, 2:25 pm

It\s seem pretty amazing the food there.
i will used some certs money to treat the spouse.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:26 pm

I've been looking at the rates for the last few months for stays Oct to Dec. The rates seem really high - $450 usd consistently for some reason. Anyone know why? Maybe something to do Accor and their pricing?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:06 pm

I checked rates for some dates in spring 2019 and the cheapest was almost $1000 USD. Insane. It's good but not THAT good.
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
These are just normal rates for the Pac Rim nowadays. Vancouver is expensive, and the Pac Rim is the best hotel in town. I booked a weekend in September and rates were $799.
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
These are just normal rates for the Pac Rim nowadays. Vancouver is expensive, and the Pac Rim is the best hotel in town. I booked a weekend in September and rates were $799.
Thanks Canuck. I guess I must've gotten really really lucky last Dec. I got a long weekend for under $200 usd per night. I was hoping to replicate that again this year. Must've been a glitch or something... I'll keep looking!
Old Nov 11, 2019, 1:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Just booked this property for $280 under Amex FHR, which I think is a steal! Sunday - Tuesday, late November.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 2:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
Just completed a 2 night stay here this past long weekend. I was a little disappointed that no one reached out prior to the stay, nor was there any enquiry as to arrival time which seems to be the exception to the norm when staying at Fairmonts these days. We booked a deluxe pool view with 2 queens which is exactly what we received. We actually received a room on the 6th floor which is the same level as the pool and thus had a walkout patio with gas fireplace directly to the pool which was great given the amount of times the kids were in and out of the pool. The pool level room also enabled one to take a late night dip in the hot tub after closing hours undisturbed. The room itself was of a decent size and quite modern and luxurious with everything being automated with a touch of a button.

The pool itself was a little disappointing as it was on the small size with limited seating. Anyone arriving mid afternoon or later to the pool would never have anywhere to sit as it was standing room only. The pool area doesn't actually get any sun until mid afternoon. I tried to use a couple of drink vouchers at the pool and was informed that the kids' ones aren't applicable for alcohol (I just happened to grab 2 out of the room). The only time this has ever been an issue was once at Lake Louise. I didn't want to argue with her so just grabbed the other 'adult' one. Despite this, the drink order ended up on the bill at checkout but was quickly rectified. On the drink voucher rules, I enquired with the front desk when we were headed out for dinner and she confirmed with her superior that I was in fact correct and re-issued the kids ones under just my name. I don't overly care about an additional 2 cocktails but it was more of the principal of the lack of a consistently applied policy. Ironically enough, we were headed to the Fairmont Whistler after the Pac Rim and there were in fact 2 certs for the adults and 2 certs for the kids labelled specifically as non-alcoholic.

The diamond weekend breakfast provided was top notch as was the service, however, I had to get them to remove the charge at checkout as well. The lobby bar is quite the happening spot and service at the bar was solid. I should note that the diamond welcome amenity was 3 small sticks of chocolate which was a little underwhelming.

Overall, I did like the hotel, however, when travelling with kids, I may prefer the Waterfront given the pool situation and cheaper price point.
Jasper2009 and Goldorak like this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by habshabs444
Just completed a 2 night stay here this past long weekend. I was a little disappointed that no one reached out prior to the stay, nor was there any enquiry as to arrival time which seems to be the exception to the norm when staying at Fairmonts these days. We booked a deluxe pool view with 2 queens which is exactly what we received. We actually received a room on the 6th floor which is the same level as the pool and thus had a walkout patio with gas fireplace directly to the pool which was great given the amount of times the kids were in and out of the pool. The pool level room also enabled one to take a late night dip in the hot tub after closing hours undisturbed. The room itself was of a decent size and quite modern and luxurious with everything being automated with a touch of a button.

The pool itself was a little disappointing as it was on the small size with limited seating. Anyone arriving mid afternoon or later to the pool would never have anywhere to sit as it was standing room only. The pool area doesn't actually get any sun until mid afternoon. I tried to use a couple of drink vouchers at the pool and was informed that the kids' ones aren't applicable for alcohol (I just happened to grab 2 out of the room). The only time this has ever been an issue was once at Lake Louise. I didn't want to argue with her so just grabbed the other 'adult' one. Despite this, the drink order ended up on the bill at checkout but was quickly rectified. On the drink voucher rules, I enquired with the front desk when we were headed out for dinner and she confirmed with her superior that I was in fact correct and re-issued the kids ones under just my name. I don't overly care about an additional 2 cocktails but it was more of the principal of the lack of a consistently applied policy. Ironically enough, we were headed to the Fairmont Whistler after the Pac Rim and there were in fact 2 certs for the adults and 2 certs for the kids labelled specifically as non-alcoholic.

The diamond weekend breakfast provided was top notch as was the service, however, I had to get them to remove the charge at checkout as well. The lobby bar is quite the happening spot and service at the bar was solid. I should note that the diamond welcome amenity was 3 small sticks of chocolate which was a little underwhelming.

Overall, I did like the hotel, however, when travelling with kids, I may prefer the Waterfront given the pool situation and cheaper price point.
Curious about the COVID restrictions. Anything not available at the hotel because of them?

My family (2 adults, two kids aged 3 and newborn) are considering a stay between PR and Waterfront suite. Preferring PR but it’s a step up in price and we’re wondering if it’s worth it. I know WF has capacity limits at the pool.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Yubrac
My family (2 adults, two kids aged 3 and newborn) are considering a stay between PR and Waterfront suite. Preferring PR but it’s a step up in price and we’re wondering if it’s worth it. I know WF has capacity limits at the pool.
I've spent 50+ nights each at the Pacific Rim and the Waterfront and have stayed in most room/suite categories; both properties have their pros and cons.

Did you have a particular suite category in mind?

At the Waterfront, the "West Coast Suite" is more like a Junior Suite with French doors.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I've spent 50+ nights each at the Pacific Rim and the Waterfront and have stayed in most room/suite categories; both properties have their pros and cons.

Did you have a particular suite category in mind?

At the Waterfront, the "West Coast Suite" is more like a Junior Suite with French doors.
Im looking for least expensive available and hoping for upgrade at check in as I am an AMEX cardholder. That’s good to know about Waterfront.

Have they ever upgraded a high category room to a suite for you at either property?
Old Aug 6, 2021, 10:24 am

Programs: ALL Accor - Platinum
If you're interested in a suite, I'd go with the Pac Rim. The Waterfront only has 2 suite types available right now, and neither of them are very exciting. The West Coast Suite, as Jasper2009 said, is more like a Junior Suite, and the 'Harbour View Suite' is more like a connecting room. Neither has a balcony. The specialty suites are closed until next year AFAIK as Fairmont Gold is closed.

The Pac Rim has many more suite types and more interesting configurations, including many with large balconies. If you book something like a Signature Harbour Mountain View room at the Pac Rim, there's a chance you could get upgraded to a suite - I've never experienced that, but then when I've stayed in suites, I've always used certificates. I have however been upgraded from a Pool View Suite to a Fairmont Gold Corner Suite (1200sf), so they seem to do suite upgrades at check-in on occasion. The Pac Rim is always more expensive though, so keep that in mind.

The pool at the waterfront is larger, gets more sun, and has a better view, but the design/beauty/glitz of the Pac Rim for me will always send it over the top.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 11:17 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by beefyT
If you're interested in a suite, I'd go with the Pac Rim. The Waterfront only has 2 suite types available right now, and neither of them are very exciting. The West Coast Suite, as Jasper2009 said, is more like a Junior Suite, and the 'Harbour View Suite' is more like a connecting room. Neither has a balcony. The specialty suites are closed until next year AFAIK as Fairmont Gold is closed.

The Pac Rim has many more suite types and more interesting configurations, including many with large balconies. If you book something like a Signature Harbour Mountain View room at the Pac Rim, there's a chance you could get upgraded to a suite - I've never experienced that, but then when I've stayed in suites, I've always used certificates. I have however been upgraded from a Pool View Suite to a Fairmont Gold Corner Suite (1200sf), so they seem to do suite upgrades at check-in on occasion. The Pac Rim is always more expensive though, so keep that in mind.

The pool at the waterfront is larger, gets more sun, and has a better view, but the design/beauty/glitz of the Pac Rim for me will always send it over the top.
I suspect your upgrade experience as an ALL Diamond member may yield different results. @Yubrac mentioned hoping for an upgrade because of being an Amex cardholder. I'm not sure that really does anything, other than an Amex FHR booking which might offer something like a 1-category room upgrade on availability, but I wouldn't expect much from any hotel, if having an Amex card is your reason for expecting to be upgraded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.