Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free accor a club gold membership

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2010, 9:31 pm

Programs: All, but no status!
This didn't end up working out too well for me. (Not a major problem, just useless.)

I signed up for a new account, got the Gold membership, printed out a copy of my account summary, and gave it to the clerk when I checked in.

When I checked out, they informed me that my Gold A-club account was invalid. I was covering the bill with vouchers from a family member, so they just ran my hotel bill on her account, and handed me a receipt for the details with the family member's name on it (not mine.)

Anyway, no big deal, but turned out to be useless for me.
Old May 25, 2010, 3:40 am

Registered this week end for my girlfriend, and she has Gold status upon login. Let's see what happens in our next stays
Old May 25, 2010, 12:51 pm

Programs: LH G, CO G, BA B, HH G, PC P, SW G, Sixt P, Hertz G and YES A|Club G :)
I sent in a request to merge this A Gold account and my previous A CLASSIC and they have done it...Still not expecting much in term of recognition (at least I will get suprised if and when it happens)....
Old May 25, 2010, 1:39 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by sindjic
Still not expecting much in term of recognition (at least I will get suprised if and when it happens)....
Depends on where and what hotel brand you will using...
Old May 25, 2010, 4:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by pawtim
This didn't end up working out too well for me. (Not a major problem, just useless.)

I signed up for a new account, got the Gold membership, printed out a copy of my account summary, and gave it to the clerk when I checked in.

When I checked out, they informed me that my Gold A-club account was invalid. I was covering the bill with vouchers from a family member, so they just ran my hotel bill on her account, and handed me a receipt for the details with the family member's name on it (not mine.)

Anyway, no big deal, but turned out to be useless for me.
Not sure what you are trying to say pawtim?

How was it useless? What were you expecting?
Old May 26, 2010, 1:14 am

Programs: Mucci, BA silver
Another promotion code

Here's another promotion code to get instant gold: BAHNACLUBG10. Just like the first one it's also linked to another program (Deutsche Bahn bahn.comfort), however they don't ask for any kind of verification during the online process.
Old May 26, 2010, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by HAM76
Here's another promotion code to get instant gold: BAHNACLUBG10. Just like the first one it's also linked to another program (Deutsche Bahn bahn.comfort), however they don't ask for any kind of verification during the online process.
Thanks just registered my wife and it worked a treat ^
Old May 28, 2010, 6:31 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
That worked well for me too. Thanks ^
Old May 29, 2010, 2:21 pm

no gold for me

Originally Posted by xavk
Thanks just registered my wife and it worked a treat ^
I just tried and there was no place on A1Club application to list a promotion, so I did not get Gold.
Old May 29, 2010, 7:19 pm

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tarkaboy
I just tried and there was no place on A1Club application to list a promotion, so I did not get Gold.
It's on the "Join" page on www.a-club.com (Choose your A|Club program). There's a box labelled "Promotion code Please enter your promotional code (Optional) Enter it here"
Old May 30, 2010, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by toyotaboy95
It's on the "Join" page on www.a-club.com (Choose your A|Club program). There's a box labelled "Promotion code Please enter your promotional code (Optional) Enter it here"
Thank you so much. It did work this time - I don't know how I missed that box before. Thanks again .
Old May 30, 2010, 7:25 pm

Programs: All, but no status!
Well, it was useless because it only existed until I tried to check in. Once I did, they said it was a duplicate account and so void.

It seems like if you could merge your new account with your old account before you presented yourself, that would probably work better.

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Not sure what you are trying to say pawtim?

How was it useless? What were you expecting?
Old Jun 2, 2010, 6:56 am

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
Originally Posted by HAM76
That worked well for me too. Thanks ^
Old Jun 2, 2010, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by pawtim
Well, it was useless because it only existed until I tried to check in. Once I did, they said it was a duplicate account and so void.

It seems like if you could merge your new account with your old account before you presented yourself, that would probably work better.
(I'm new to the forum)

Tried the code, got the Gold membership without any problems.

Tried to merge my previous account (with points and stays) with the new "Gold" one, and got this answer from A-Club:

"Following your e-mail dated May 28th 2010 regarding the merge between your A|Club Classic n° xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and the A|Club Gold card you created recently n° xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
We will not be able to answer favorably to your request as you benefited from a promotion to have the Gold card whereas you were already an A|Club member. Therefore, we have cancelled your A|Club Gold membership.
"
Old Jun 5, 2010, 3:12 am

Programs: QFF & DJ Plat, Priority Privilege Amb Plat
Free accor gold membership - thanks!

Signed up today for the dodgy gold membership, so will be interesting to see how it goes. (I didn't join Accor before as direct points to QFF seemed better).

As a not super-traveller (though live in the middle of nowhere, so it is good to have an excuse to travel), the 30 nights seemed unattainable to me, but if I start off with gold I might be able to keep it if I make my trips pretty much exclusively accor (Melbourne and Canberra are about equal distances for me and I really enjoyed the Brisbane Novotel so hope to get back there again someday soon). I quite like the Novotel brand, so if another 50% off sale occurs I might even get to keep the gold status for more than a year (I booked into Novotel Brisbane and Canberra this year when the sale was on). A shame my July USA trip is already booked in other chains or it'd give me a good boost now that I've got dodgy gold membership.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.