Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Beijing

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Originally Posted by Silverelf
Anyone has any idea how I can contact the hotel via email? Have not been able to find it and the contact form is quite short lol
Toby Tan is the front office mgr : [email protected]
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
this is my first time booking fairmont property, if i understand correctly fairmont gold room should come with breakfast and lounge access, but why accor system showing room rate without breakfast? could it be a mistake?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:21 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by jiunsoh
this is my first time booking fairmont property, if i understand correctly fairmont gold room should come with breakfast and lounge access, but why accor system showing room rate without breakfast? could it be a mistake?
Could it be that breakfast is in the lounge only (more limited) with the first rate and the "breakfast rate" means the larger buffet in the restaurant? That's how I would read this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Could it be that breakfast is in the lounge only (more limited) with the first rate and the "breakfast rate" means the larger buffet in the restaurant? That's how I would read this.
That's indeed correct. With a very few exceptions, Fairmont Gold rooms only include breakfast in the Gold lounge (along with the various other perks, of course, such as evening canapes etc.)
Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:10 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
200Ą to add a full breakfast. Wow.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
That's indeed correct. With a very few exceptions, Fairmont Gold rooms only include breakfast in the Gold lounge (along with the various other perks, of course, such as evening canapes etc.)
The Gold lounges in Beijing and Shanghai are among my favorite lounges at any property.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:25 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
i tried to check fairmont beijing official web and other OTA, there is no option to choose a gold room without breakfast.the gold room all breakfast included,
it makes me think maybe accor is using their standard template to create room rate for fairmont, causing this confusion.

anyway, i booked the non breakfast rate, i am ok if the hotel not allow me having breakfast at main restaurant.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:39 pm

This is my usual spot, the past couple years, but I've seen the price slowly floating up and it's making other properties seem more attractive. The service is pretty so-so, although it gets better when you know the staff; the rooms feel dated; and I've stayed on the Gold Floor and I'm not sure it's worth the premium in Beijing. I decided to expand my horizons and book at the Kerry, not too far away, still in the CBD, and partly motivated by the advice of the concierge at Shangri-La Tokyo. Is that price hike a March aberration? Is there a better CBD alternative?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DylanLeviKing
This is my usual spot, the past couple years, but I've seen the price slowly floating up and it's making other properties seem more attractive. The service is pretty so-so, although it gets better when you know the staff; the rooms feel dated; and I've stayed on the Gold Floor and I'm not sure it's worth the premium in Beijing. I decided to expand my horizons and book at the Kerry, not too far away, still in the CBD, and partly motivated by the advice of the concierge at Shangri-La Tokyo. Is that price hike a March aberration? Is there a better CBD alternative?
I like Hotel Jen (also Shangri-La) myself, but it does try a little too hard to be "hip".
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Anyone stayed here as accor platinum and gotten the free breakfast ?
Old Mar 21, 2024, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Fairmont or Sofitel

Any recent stays here?
I'm staying 3 nights in Aug on my own for tourism as a stopover before heading to Japan. First time in mainland China.

My original plan was to stay 3 nights at the Westin due to my Titanium status but I'm now considering doing hotel-hopping and staying the first night only at Westin (I land at 5:30am) as it would give me the best shot at an early check-in, or at a very least a line breakfast before heading to Badalinh.

Anyway, I was thinking of booking the following 2 nights in a Fairmont Gold room. The Social can be had for the same price.

What's the best pick? It should I even do one night at each (or not bother and stay at the Westin?).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.