Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by EGW1
Anything in particular you want to know? I’ve stayed off and on around 30 nights post re-furb, only in the new deluxe rooms. Everything seems to work well, rooms are of a good standard, comfy bed and good sized bathroom. All the staff seem genuinely engaged and helpful. The biggest drawback is that there is not really any platinum recognition per se in terms of upgrades or lounge. Gold lounge is only for guests in Fairmont gold rooms. I’ve come to prefer the Swissotel Stamford next door - slightly better corporate rate, upgraded each stay to a signature king with two balconies, spacious room, and lounge access is complimentary for Platinum. Same pool, spa, in room dining as Fairmont.

Sofitel City, would definitely be a notch above in terms of lounge and a really nice hotel. However, I don’t really like the location of the Sofitel and it’s always at a premium over Fairmont and Swissotel for the rates I have - I lived in a condo for 6 months in Tanjong Pagar (where the Sofitel is) - and much prefer the Raffles City location of the Fairmont, being closer to the office also.
Thanks! I stayed here as a Gold member and booked a Gold room which was upgraded to Harbour view, which I did appreciate. The Gold lounge was underwhelming - apart from the Laurent-Pérrier all wines and booze were of basic quality. The same can be said for the food. I wouldn’t pay the premium again, especially seeing as it’s probably the same price regardless of guests in the room (I was traveling solo).

The room itself was good and the views are hard to beat.

I agree about the location - I have no desire to stay at Sofitel City Centre and much prefer Raffles City. Opposite the hotel Chjimes is really cool ^
Old Nov 25, 2019, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by remymartin
The Gold lounge was underwhelming - apart from the Laurent-Pérrier all wines and booze were of basic quality....
Is the Laurent-Perrier served in the lounge the real thing from champagne? (I don't know if this house produces overseas, as does other champagne houses such as Moët & Chandon, Mumm and Piper Heidsieck.)
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:46 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I believe for a sparkling Wine to be called champagne, it must be made (or whatever the term is) within Champagne region in France. Outside that region then its only sparkling wine.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Is the Laurent-Perrier served in the lounge the real thing from champagne? (I don't know if this house produces overseas, as does other champagne houses such as Moët & Chandon, Mumm and Piper Heidsieck.)
if it is Laurent Perrier, for sure it is Champagne ... and not so bad at all.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Yes, LP La Cuvée Brut.

It seems to be quite a common Champagne in SG lounges - from hotels to airport.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by kaizen7
I believe for a sparkling Wine to be called champagne, it must be made (or whatever the term is) within Champagne region in France. Outside that region then its only sparkling wine.
correct !
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
correct !
It’s correct for anywhere outside the USA. They got some sort of exemption to the appellation laws for champagne, so you need to check when in the ‘States
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Cynicor
It’s correct for anywhere outside the USA. They got some sort of exemption to the appellation laws for champagne, so you need to check when in the ‘States
I don’t think there is anything legal in this. People in the US indeed often call Champagne a regular sparkling wine, but there is no legal exemptIon. A Champagne is from the Champagne area in France.
martin_paris and SullyofDoha like this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:48 am

Completely OT now, but- https://vinepair.com/wine-blog/looph...ampagne-legal/
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:17 pm

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy LTT, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond
Breakfast amenity

Since the latest ALL update, Fairmont Singapore has disappeared from the list of hotels in Singapore offering breakfast to Platinum/Diamond members.

Hoping this is a glitch and not a new exclusion.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 9:12 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Hi, long time have not been in this forum...

Just wonder how Fairmont/All is now work.

I tried to search for the promotion rate in Fairmont Singapore, it seem the code can nly be used in the fairmont.com not the accor site.

So if I book from fairmont.com side, will I get the point in ALL and also will I get the benefit as All Gold?
Old Feb 4, 2021, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by lingua101
Hi, long time have not been in this forum...

Just wonder how Fairmont/All is now work.

I tried to search for the promotion rate in Fairmont Singapore, it seem the code can nly be used in the fairmont.com not the accor site.

So if I book from fairmont.com side, will I get the point in ALL and also will I get the benefit as All Gold?
Yes, you will earn points/credit and will receive status perks whether you book on the ALL website or the Fairmont website.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 10:58 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Ubud
Since the latest ALL update, Fairmont Singapore has disappeared from the list of hotels in Singapore offering breakfast to Platinum/Diamond members.

Hoping this is a glitch and not a new exclusion.
Looks like it was a glitch because I see it listed, and anyway I am not sure an Accor hotel can elect out of free breakfast in Asia Pacific? Unless they are not participating in ALL which is another issue.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 12:08 pm

Programs: AC SE, Bonvoy LTT, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond
Just tried to book Fairmont Singapore for July and found no availability for any dates. A call to Accor produced the answer that they are "closed for bookings until May 4." - i.e. it cannot be booked online or through the call centre. Has the hotel itself been closed recently, or are they just re-jigging the rates?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:41 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
The listing on the Ovation Rewards site says they are temproarily closed for renovation https://www.ovationrewards.com/collections/b

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.