FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/657335-sofitel-legend-metropole-hanoi.html)

tictac Feb 7, 2007 5:19 am

Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi

We had a fabulous stay at this grand hotel in Hanoi. Built in 1901 and with a long list of famous guests, it was the perfect setting for a long weekend stay. The old wing looked very luxurious, but we stayed in the newer wing (cheaper). Loved the decor. Amazingly friendly staff. Just watch out in case your room is the one over the gym in the new wing...unless you like hearing an aerobics class while you're trying to have an afternoon nap!

tommas Feb 8, 2007 10:56 pm

I love this hotel. Incredibly friendly staff. A lot of guide books tell you to stay in the old wing (which I did), but I looked at some of the rooms in the new wing and they were very nice.

broadwayboy Apr 2, 2010 6:42 pm

I stayed here a few years ago and would like to return. From what I remembered, the bathroom in the historical wing was very dated with no separate shower. For those who've stayed in the new (is it called Opera?) wing, do the bathrooms have separate shower and tub? I also read that some of the old wing rooms face the street and they are rather noisy. Any recent experience?

Goldorak Apr 3, 2010 3:15 am

I satyed there in 2007 and had a wonderful stay too. Definitely a Sofitel property in my top 3. I'd love to go back :)

BKKROP Oct 11, 2011 4:40 pm

Sofitel metropole legend Hanoi

It is interesting how you can go through chains, and miss the obvious gems, guess it takes a trip to Hanoi, to start thinking outside of the square. So it was for a trip to northern Vietnam, we started ringing around for accommodation advice and without fail everyone gave us a list, but on every list was the Sofitel Metroplole.

With our regular hotel chain, you book the lowest price room and they upgrade you into a club room or suite, whenever you arrive seems to be OK with them, they ensure the morning papers arrive with the teas, and late checkouts are handled by asking what time will you be checking out.

We thought we had always been well looked after, but we were in for a surprise. The bonjours started on arrival, continued at the checkin and through to the club floor on the eight. Seems the butler took over at this point, asking us what we wanted and how it all could be organised.

The room was a delight, so different to what we were used to. Hermes soap for one thing and the mineral water in little black draw string cases, but the claw footed bath was the clincher.

Breakfast in any of three places was a delight to hear, so we ate in each place twice. Lay by the pool and the guard bought you fruit and ice cream sorbets, call into the lounge and the attendant bought you a cup of tea, get back to the hotel late and the maid had left you biscuits and chocolates.

We enrolled in the Accor program immediately, it is difficult to fault this hotel, if the program is half as good as it's hotels it will be a trail blazer

Goldorak Oct 12, 2011 12:00 am

I stayed once in this hotel and it was really great ^. Wonderful hotel :)

DeltaSilverBoy Nov 30, 2011 5:56 pm

Planning my much needed vacation to Vietnam :)

They have a variety of room types available (from least to most luxury with price per night for my vacation date):
-Premium Room $275
-Luxury Room $294
-Grand Luxury Room $317
-Grand Premium Room $410
-Prestige Suite $609
-Historical Suites $1800-2900

I am Accor A-Club plat which offers a "Room upgrade at check-in (depending on availability and upon request)". Does that mean that if I book a room, I am upgraded to the next highest level? So if I buy the $609 Prestige Suite, I can be upgraded to one of the historical suites?

Thanks!

Goldorak Nov 30, 2011 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaSilverBoy (Post 17543513)
So if I buy the $609 Prestige Suite, I can be upgraded to one of the historical suites?

don't dream !

starflyergold Dec 1, 2011 12:52 am

So if I buy the $609 Prestige Suite, I can be upgraded to one of the historical suites?

Thanks!

In theory you could, but you can be sure the hotel will have a close look at you A-Club history and spending pattern.

price123 Dec 1, 2011 5:55 am

You may - maybe try asking? When I stayed at T5 I booked a prestige suite and received one of the royal suites (think they call them that). Couldn't notice much difference but was nice to get the upgrade.

TheShis Dec 1, 2011 12:08 pm

I am Accor A-Club plat which offers a "Room upgrade at check-in (depending on availability and upon request)". Does that mean that if I book a room, I am upgraded to the next highest level? So if I buy the $609 Prestige Suite, I can be upgraded to one of the historical suites?

Thanks!

It never hurts to ask - just email the hotel.
However, from my experience - upgrades from Prestige suites to Opera/Presidential/Duplex/Imperial/Royal suites are extremely rare.
Again - why not just ask? :)
Good luck!

DeltaSilverBoy Dec 4, 2011 8:12 pm

They wrote back and said that upgrades can't include suites. :P

DeltaSilverBoy Dec 31, 2011 11:10 am

Hanoi Metropole Hotel question

Hi all,

I am currently exploring whether or not to stay at the Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi during my vacay in mid-March. Small question, but what is the best time of the year to make the reservation? Do prices fluctuate at all?

Finally, is there any possibility of an upcoming sale (throughout Accor or maybe specific to this hotel) of that might be worth waiting for?

Currently the room I'm looking at goes for $317. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...dec310956.png/

Thank you,
DSB

BKKROP Jan 4, 2012 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaSilverBoy (Post 17721746)
Hi all,

I am currently exploring whether or not to stay at the Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi during my vacay in mid-March. Small question, but what is the best time of the year to make the reservation? Do prices fluctuate at all?

DSB

Been here a few times and the price doesn't seem to move, but the hotel is always packed. I love it, I prefer the other wing over the historical one, and if I had to choose one thing I loved it would be the platter of pealed mangos at breakfast. I had 4 mangos one morning... shameful I know. There is a second thing I loved, the sorbets they delivered poolside in the mid afternoons

jaguar Jan 10, 2012 7:45 am

Debating whether to stay at the Sofitel or the Intercontinental Hanoi Westlake and avoid all the city noise.