The Fairmont Banff Springs

Old Feb 20, 2010, 12:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kokinos
Is this rate upgradeable?
We've been down to Banff 25 stays in the past 7 years. Only rate that isn't upgradeable from my experience is Great Rates Great Dates and probably travel agent rates. This is retail coming off website.

The thing we notice with Banff is that the draw to the hotel is low room rates.. they get you on the parking, meals, spa, etc. There is so much to do down there they are trying to draw business to other areas.. i.e. $235 massage, $100 bill for brunch, $80 for supper buffet $32 per night for valet, etc. It all adds up.. I think earlier years without kids, my wife and I would hop in the vehicle and go downtown and get a meal.. nowadays with a 4 year old and 1 1/2 month old, we won't leave the hotel. Kids eat free you know. Great value.. Get on this deal right away.. It is a great deal..

Other deals they've had like buy one night, get one night free, the rates were almost double. This one is a true deal, and lasts only until Feb 24, 2010. Get on it right away!

If you want an even better deal.. go Escape to Willowstream. Posted rate is from $539 per night, but its like mid $400s to start.. Incredible deal considering 2 massages, breakfast, self parking, gratuities, and room is included within the rate. Upgradeable. Our family has stayed already 3 times (12 nights on 3 stays) on this deal, and the spa is a big draw for us!

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Feb 20, 2010 at 12:34 am
Old Feb 20, 2010, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Just tried the busy summer times, and the deal was from $179 for Fairmont room and up.. Third night free. The rates are usually double, on top of the regular rates that are already double.. get on it right away!
Old Feb 22, 2010, 7:11 am

Programs: AC*SE, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
I agree - these are awesome rates. Works out to an average entry price of $120 per night for a three day stay during peak periods throughout the year. Combine that with a Suite upgrade certificate, and it doesn't get much better than that.

Anyone know whether a 6 day stay will automatically qualify for 2 free days, or if it is safer to book them as 2 seperate 3 day stays?

I will definitely take advantage of this offer.

SG
Old Feb 22, 2010, 8:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Fully prepaid and non-refundable unfortunately.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 4:02 pm

Programs: Now AC Peon, *A nobody, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
Anyone know whether a 6 day stay will automatically qualify for 2 free days, or if it is safer to book them as 2 seperate 3 day stays?

SG
It does it automatically. Check the room rate summary, it shows every 3rd night as free. ^
Old Feb 23, 2010, 8:52 pm
Suspended

Clarification.. from $449 Escape to Willowstream, generally only good until April 30th, 2010.. then rates kick up gradually to from $599 in the summer.. IMO best deal is SPOTLIGHT for the summer.. only have until February 24th, 2010 to book so hurry (that's tomorrow). Escape to Willowstream goes back to generally from $449 in October.. this is great value in the low season, and good value in the summer. Of course this may change anytime!
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:08 am
Suspended

This deal is now done like supper.. Great Deal.. I didn't book personally, but I'm glad a lot of FTers took advantage of it!
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:57 pm

There was a similar deal for the JPL - worked out to $139/night. Had already booked NFAF for $149. Both were Fairmont rooms, upgradeable, etc. I decided to keep the NFAF as the $139 was pre-paid non-refundable whereas the NFAF rate came with a 72 hour cancellation prior to check-in (and a the time I wasn't 100% sure if I was going to make this trip or not).

Now that I know I'm going for sure, I should have booked the cheaper rate; I probably would have got airline miles too...
Old Feb 25, 2010, 11:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by YEG USER
There was a similar deal for the JPL - worked out to $139/night. Had already booked NFAF for $149. Both were Fairmont rooms, upgradeable, etc. I decided to keep the NFAF as the $139 was pre-paid non-refundable whereas the NFAF rate came with a 72 hour cancellation prior to check-in (and a the time I wasn't 100% sure if I was going to make this trip or not).

Now that I know I'm going for sure, I should have booked the cheaper rate; I probably would have got airline miles too...
IMO, worth the $10 more than to commit to something you aren't 100% sure about. The $139/night I saw was Great Rates Great Dates.. was this the same JPL promo you're talking about?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 1:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I contacted BSH to inquire about some of their "unique" suites that arent listed on their site. I am looking for something to host people in July for a weekend (not overnight, just lunch/dinner type hosting. Pretty dissapointed with the reply I got. I could have found this on the website.

I asked for list/description of their unique suites (I have stayed in the honeymoon, the one on the 9th floor where you go up those narrow stairs, and I have heard of the Spa suite and Stinson suite on Flyertalk, so I know there are lots of unique suites), and what would be best for hosting, and this is all they sent me back:

Good afternoon from beautiful Banff,

Thank you for your recent email. It is my pleasure to provide you with room rates for July 16 for two nights. Here our some examples of suites available:

FSR- Fairmont Savers Rate which would require a full non-refundable deposit at the time of booking.

Junior Suite with 450 sq ft- $699.00 or FSR($525.00)
Junior Gold Suite with 450 sq ft- $859.00 or FSR( $645.00)
One Bedroom Suite with 650 sq ft - $949.00 or FSR( $712.00)
One Bedroom Gold Suite with 650 sq ft- $1089.00 or FSR( $817.00)
Presidential Suite with 1500 sq ft $3,500.00
Old Mar 29, 2010, 4:10 pm

CanuckFlyHigh I think Ancien mentioned a contact for the Banff Springs in the highest suite upgrade received thread so I suggest you call that person direct for your stay.

As for which room is best to entertain, well that depends if you want to be in or outside.

I believe the room 1051 would be great for indoor get together. But in July I would go with room 1054 which has less space inside but the biggest patio I've ever seen at any hotel. It can easily handle 20 ppl IMHO.

Cheers and hope they can help you out. In case you need anything else I will be staying there this weekend and would be glad to help you out if you need anything done in person. Photos etc....
Old Mar 29, 2010, 7:00 pm
Suspended

CanuckFlyHigh I think Ancien mentioned a contact for the Banff Springs in the highest suite upgrade received thread so I suggest you call that person direct for your stay.

As for which room is best to entertain, well that depends if you want to be in or outside.

I believe the room 1051 would be great for indoor get together. But in July I would go with room 1054 which has less space inside but the biggest patio I've ever seen at any hotel. It can easily handle 20 ppl IMHO.

Cheers and hope they can help you out. In case you need anything else I will be staying there this weekend and would be glad to help you out if you need anything done in person. Photos etc....
David Moberg (Guest Relations Manager) or Marcus Treppenhauer (Hotel Manager). Theres a Sun Room Suite I've heard perfect for entertaining from David.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 8:09 pm

Thanks Kokinko's!
Is 1051 bigger than what I have posted here? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13671821-post68.html
Also, how does 1054 compare to that room in those pictures?

If you could take a picture (even from the outside) of the patio of 1054 that would be great. I can't quite picture where it is in the hotel. Also, if you are walking down any of the hallways, can you check the last 2 numbers on the doors as I described in the Suite Upgrade thread:

(I wish i remembered, but when you walk down the hallway (out the elevator, to the left), and down the hallway, it is the 2 doors on the right hand side at the first corner you reach. One door is before the corner (bedroom), one door is after. (living room))

Thanks again! Enjoy your stay! This little Fairmont group we have on FT is a great group of people.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 12:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Thanks Kokinko's!
Is 1051 bigger than what I have posted here? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13671821-post68.html
Also, how does 1054 compare to that room in those pictures?

If you could take a picture (even from the outside) of the patio of 1054 that would be great. I can't quite picture where it is in the hotel. Also, if you are walking down any of the hallways, can you check the last 2 numbers on the doors as I described in the Suite Upgrade thread:

(I wish i remembered, but when you walk down the hallway (out the elevator, to the left), and down the hallway, it is the 2 doors on the right hand side at the first corner you reach. One door is before the corner (bedroom), one door is after. (living room))

Thanks again! Enjoy your stay! This little Fairmont group we have on FT is a great group of people.
If you can imagine 1051, flip it over like a mirror almost exactly and you've got 1054.. I guess some FTers says 1054 is a bit smaller, so I would go with that observation as I've stayed in both, and can say that I don't remember 1051 to be smaller. Come to think of it, the living room was a tiny bit smaller in 1054, and maybe the bathroom too.. but not enough of a difference to say that this is meaningful. Both have turrets and are beautiful. A better view of the valley out of 1051, and a better look at the hotel skywards as well as a look down Spray(?) Valley, as well as the dramatic Valley View. For dramatics between the two if you're entertaining would be 1051. I wouldn't be choosey though, either is a magnificient suite.

Edit: The bathroom in 1051 is marble, and the bathroom in 1054 is regular tile. This is what my wife remembers.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 1:55 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
I'm so glad we did this last year, NFAF $119/night (with CAD$ at US$0.80), + upgrade.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.