Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Banff Springs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2008, 8:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ABG
Virtuoso and Amex FHR have good rates and auto upgrades for Banff. No upgrades at Lake Louise, but still good rates. It might be worth looking at.
Thank you. I don't think I have access to Amex FHR, but I'm sure I can contact a Virtuoso agent to book the stay.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 10:49 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Report back if it is indeed worth while...
Old Feb 14, 2008, 6:46 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Hi, Bocastephen! I too have booked a trip to the Alberta Rockies for the last week of May! After I see the Diana Ross concert in Vancouver on May 23, I have a ticket for a sleeping car on the VIA Rail train to Jasper overnight Sun. May 25--Mon. 26. Then I shall fly home from Calgary on May 31.

Please note that sleeping rooms on VIA are normally very expensive, but on sale 50% off if U buy by March 31 & travel by May 31.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 3:26 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Fairmont Banff Springs lures boss out of retirement

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/...1-3bf4fde92392

The Delta Bow Valley has been blessed with some wonderful general managers; one of the best and most likable was Francisco Gomez. In his seven years there he contributed much to Calgary's hospitality industry and many were pleased to see his efforts recognized with appointments to some prestigious properties.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 4:50 pm
Community Director Emerita

In his new position Gomez, he will be responsible for all of Fairmont's mountain properties in Alberta -- at Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper -- plus the addition of the Fairmont Chateau Whistler, the all-season resort at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, B.C.

He's a class act at some of the classiest hotel properties to be found anywhere.

Nice suite of properties to run!
Old Jul 15, 2009, 2:48 pm

Fairmont at Banff Springs

I just returned from a 4 night stay at the Fairmont in Banff Springs using the NFAF code. It was one of the most enjoyable times of my life! Banff is amazing! I highly recommend the Icefields Parkway! You must travel on this and go see Peyto Lake and Miscaya Canyon! The canyon was my favorite part! Amazing! We went white water rafting with Wild Water Adventures and had a great time! Great rapids and well run company. We did the afternoon white water exciter.

As for the hotel, we were upgraded to a king size standard valley room (just a basic room with valley view, not mountain view). That was nice. I would definitely stay here again, but only at the NFAF rate. This hotel is not worth the rack rate of $300-$400/night. The rooms at the Ramada Inn are more updated than these rooms. The size of the rooms didn't bother me (very small bathroom), but to have cathode ray tube TV's and old matresses and beat up looking walls? I would expect much more for hundreds of dollars per night. I told the hotel when I checked out about my opinion and they told me that they get that reaction a lot and hopefully will be updating the rooms soon. Don't get me wrong, we loved the hotel and thoroghly enjoyed the spa! Best spa I have ever seen (but then again I usually don't go to spas ) If you are going to eat in the hotel (and don't want to spend a fortune), eat at the Rundle Lounge and sit near the window. It wasn't cheap ($18/meal) but the ham and brie sandwich was amazing!

I'm telling everyone that if they want to plan a vacation, go to BANFF!!!
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:46 pm

Travelzoo: Fairmont Banff Springs USD$246 + 3rd night free

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/international-hotels/620284

Dubbed ‘The Castle in the Rockies’ The Fairmont Banff Springs is known worldwide for its amazing location, world class golf, renowned Willow Stream Spa and impeccable guest services. Located within Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, prices for this time of year can exceed $500 per night.

Guests that spend a minimum of two consecutive nights will receive the third free, with rates starting from $246 (CA$272).

Here's a sampling of dates where the introductory price can be found: July 20-23, 25-28; Aug. 31; Sept. 1, 2, 6-9.

This offer is valid through Sept. 30. Note: Promotional rate refers to a 'starting from' price point and other dates include the 3rd night free at higher nightly rates.

Book by July 27: Click here to book directly with The Fairmont Banff Springs. Note: The third night will be credited at time of check-out and all prices will be listed in Canadian dollars.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by broncoboaz
IThis hotel is not worth the rack rate of $300-$400/night. The rooms at the Ramada Inn are more updated than these rooms. The size of the rooms didn't bother me (very small bathroom), but to have cathode ray tube TV's and old matresses and beat up looking walls? I would expect much more for hundreds of dollars per night.
We were in the Stanley Thompson wing a couple of weeks ago. It's a mountian view, but the rooms are renovated. Very modern, flat screen TV, fridge, nice bathroom. Maybe the tradeoff is room vs view!
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:20 pm

Travelzoo special: Fairmont Banff Springs USD$188/night plus 3rd night free

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/international-hotels/674834

For a limited time, the luxurious Fairmont Banff Springs is offering rooms at a reduced rate of $188 (CA$195) per night for minimum two-night stays. Plus, guests who stay an extra night will receive the third night free. This represents an average of only $125 per night and more than 50% off peak season rates at this hotel.

Upgrade to a Fairmont Executive suite and stay three nights for an average of just $253 per night after the promotional discount (these suites are regularly $600 and up per night). Recently renovated, suites boast 500 square feet of space and are located exclusively in the Stanley Thompson wing, offering guests resort-side views.

This special is valid for November-February stays.

Blackout Dates: Nov. 2, 5, 11, 12, 19, 20, 28; Dec. 5, 8, 9, 12; Jan, 5, 6, 28; Feb. 2, 3, 11-15, 25

Book by Oct. 27: Click here to book online. Online bookings are recommended, although reservations can be made by calling 888-242-4777 and asking for the Travelzoo 7-Day Sale. Note: The third-night free will be credited at checkout. A limited number of rooms are available at this rate. Prices listed online and quoted by phone will be in Canadian dollars.

About the Hotel: The Fairmont Banff Springs is a 4-star historic castle hotel and a destination unto itself. Located within Canada's first national park, this luxurious property provides amazing views of the Rockies. Activities include world-class skiing, championship golf courses and a world-class European-style spa, the Willow Stream Spa.

Fairmont Banff Springs
405 Spray Avenue, Banff, Alberta, Canada T1L 1J4
phone: 888-242-4777
Old Oct 20, 2009, 11:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Thanks alot! Too bad that this has so many blackout dates. Nov 12th is my issue. Will stick to my NFAF rate. My only reason for switching is that some travel agents might be able to book this rate with free parking and/or breaky.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Thanks alot! Too bad that this has so many blackout dates.
No doubt this is blackout central, but most those are Thursdays...
Old Feb 19, 2010, 5:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Banff Springs Buy 2 get 1 at pretty much NFAF rates

Right off of Fairmont.com.. expires February 24th, 2010. Now or never

"The Fairmont Banff Springs Spotlight Offer
From February 17 to 24, 2010 save at The Fairmont Banff Springs. Rates start from $179 CDN per night, and if you stay two nights the third night is free! To book this offer click on the link below or call 1-888-750-1616.

Few hotels in the world rival the majesty, hospitality and grandeur of The Fairmont Banff Springs resort. For more than a century, ‘The Castle in the Rockies’ has provided the unique blend of luxurious comfort, individualized service and timeless beauty for the most discerning traveler.

LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS PROPERTY

CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR WILLOW STREAM SPA

Package Includes:
Accommodation in select room categories.

Availability
This spotlight offer is subject to availability for reservations made from February 17 to 24, 2010, based on double occupancy in a Fairmont Room.

Rates:
Rates starting from $179 CDN per night.

Please Note:
Discounts for the complimentary third night are applied upon checkout.

A full non-refundable deposit (no cancellations) is required at time of booking."
Old Feb 19, 2010, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Saw that on Fairmont's homepage today. Great rate.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 6:12 pm

Is this rate upgradeable?
Old Feb 19, 2010, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by kokinos
Is this rate upgradeable?
Here's a link to the offer http://www.fairmont.com/bsh/banffspotlight

I don't see any limitations and the dates aren't blacked out. So I don't see why not.

http://www.fairmont.com/EN_FA/FPC/LimitedAccess

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.