Fairmont Le Château Frontenac

Old Aug 4, 2013, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Milhous Gloriosus
I'm looking at booking a room for March, but none of the rooms on the Fairmont website are listed as Gold Rooms. Does Frontenac call them something else?
Yes, the Fairmont Frontenac does have a Gold floor (see here) and doing a quick dummy booking those rooms show up as usual. It´s possible all the Gold rooms are sold out or the Gold floor has been booked for a private function / large group.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
The Chateau Frontenac's gold lounge is seasonal.
When I stayed in January, the gold lounge was closed and they weren't selling gold rooms as such.

The floor itself was open -- they give Platinums complimentary upgrades to rooms on that floor, which I would have gotten had I not used a suite upgrade coupon.

There are a number of properties where the gold floor is seasonal; I've stayed out of season at three already this year. It may be worth a thread on the topic.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Spent_All_My_Miles
The Chateau Frontenac's gold lounge is seasonal.
When I stayed in January, the gold lounge was closed and they weren't selling gold rooms as such.

The floor itself was open -- they give Platinums complimentary upgrades to rooms on that floor, which I would have gotten had I not used a suite upgrade coupon.

There are a number of properties where the gold floor is seasonal; I've stayed out of season at three already this year. It may be worth a thread on the topic.
Interesting. Do you know which other Fairmont hotels only operate the Gold lounge seasonally?
Old Aug 29, 2013, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Interesting. Do you know which other Fairmont hotels only operate the Gold lounge seasonally?
I don't have a complete list, but I've stayed at three this year so far:
- Fairmont Southampton -- I think it closes shortly after Jan 1, not sure when it reopens. The Gold floor is also mothballed at that time
- Chateau Frontenac -- I think it also closes shortly after Jan 1, not sure when it reopens. While the lounge is closed, the rooms on the floor are used, and Plats will be put there. (I used a suite upgrade coupon and didn't get a room on the Gold floor but otherwise would have)
- Mont Tremblant. it is used only it winter. The rooms on the floor are used year-round, and Plats will be put there.

The Fairmont Gold website is inconsistent about mentioning seasonality:
- Tremblant's Gold lounge is apparently only open Dec 20 - April 12, seems awfully short
- Frontenac and Southampton don't mention Gold seasonality
Old Oct 24, 2013, 6:07 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Have a planned stay in November, Fairmont Gold King is 38$ more expensive than Deluxe King Old Quebec, knowing I will be on a FHR rate (breakfast included anyway), does it worth the extra money (for a quite bigger room 28sqm instead of 16-21, better view and Gold floor services) ?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Have a planned stay in November, Fairmont Gold King is 38$ more expensive than Deluxe King Old Quebec, knowing I will be on a FHR rate (breakfast included anyway), does it worth the extra money (for a quite bigger room 28sqm instead of 16-21, better view and Gold floor services) ?
Well, I just contacted them and they agreed to upgrade me into a signature Gold using a room upgrade certificate
So I will keep my Gold room reservation, it should be the nicest room of the hotel, probably nicer than some junior suite.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 4:06 pm

Back from Le Chateau Frontenac, so I booked with Amex FHR a Fairmont Gold, upgraded using Room upgrade to a Fairmont Signature Gold, and finally they upgraded us into the Grace Kelly suite on the gold floor (14th floor). The suite is made with two corner rooms, a nice signature bedroom and a living room. Each has his (quite small) bathroom.
The view was really nice, one side on the St Lawrence, one side for Quebec city.
Overall a very nice stay (we are generally well treated here), only downside we never got Platinum Amenity even after asking...
Old Jun 6, 2014, 7:38 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, AA Gold
Any recent stays during their renovations?

I am considering using a free night certificate and paying for a few more nights at the Chateau Frontenac in August. Has anyone stayed here recently? Any comments regarding their ongoing renovations? Disruptive to your stay? Rooms renovated? Thanks.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by mango-gecko
I am considering using a free night certificate and paying for a few more nights at the Chateau Frontenac in August. Has anyone stayed here recently? Any comments regarding their ongoing renovations? Disruptive to your stay? Rooms renovated? Thanks.
In August the renovations should be finished... You will enjoy a newly renovated hotel...
You may find information on renovations here:
http://nouveauchateau.com/en/
Old Jun 7, 2014, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by mango-gecko
I had my wedding here last year and I cannot say enough good things about this place. The staff and the room makes this special. I have stayed in around 5 different types of rooms in the last couples of years. The standard rooms are a bit small so if possible try and upgrade to one of the rooms facing the river. The gold floor is nice however IMO not worth it. I would spend the money on a room facing the river. If you can the Signature rooms are AMAZING!

Also there is an awesome terrace next to the swimming pool. Room service is excellent. However for me just walking within the Fairmont itself is special. Since the renovations have been done it looks special and I cannot wait to go back.

If you need any other reservation just PM me.

Alex
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:02 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Giving this thread a bump, just came back from another fantastic stay at this hotel. They really do treat FPC members very well here. We went last year during the renovations using a suite upgrade cert and got put in a great Frontenac suite in one of the turrets overlooking the St-Lawrence river. They gave us a free night certificate because of the renovations (which we never noticed apart from the main hall being closed)

I used this free night and a suite upgrade cert on a booking this weekend which was my birthday. When we got there, they put us up in a Churchill Suite on the 11th floor which was a such a nice gesture, even had a birthday card from the manager. We very much enjoyed the newly renovated bar (called the 1608, no more Prime Minister martinis unfortunately) that has a very nice wine list. Although the ipad menus seem to be a solution looking for a problem in that they do not work very well and the staff has to constantly apologise and fiddle with them. Maybe an old-fashioned menu on paper would be better... Cheese selection is fantastic as well.

Always have a great stay at this property and the staff are top notch and very helpful. Looking forwards to our next stay there.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 9:20 am

Good morning, my wife and I will be staying at the Chateau Frontenac in august using Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts. Has anyone had experience with their treatment and upgrades at this property?

The Chateau Frontenac has been on my bucket list for a while.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Pdstahl
Good morning, my wife and I will be staying at the Chateau Frontenac in august using Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts. Has anyone had experience with their treatment and upgrades at this property?

Are you a FPC Plat ?

With FHR you may expect a single or maybe a double category upgrade. If you book a Deluxe renovated with no view, you will get a Deluxe renovated with City view, maybe St Lawrence view if there is availability.
If you are Plat, you may get a nicer upgrade like a signature room.
You will get a very nice free breakfast for two as well and a 100 CAD credit which can be use at Le Champlain which serve a really excellent food. One of the best restaurant in Quebec for sure.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Originally Posted by Pdstahl

Are you a FPC Plat ?

With FHR you may expect a single or maybe a double category upgrade. If you book a Deluxe renovated with no view, you will get a Deluxe renovated with City view, maybe St Lawrence view if there is availability.
If you are Plat, you may get a nicer upgrade like a signature room.
You will get a very nice free breakfast for two as well and a 100 CAD credit which can be use at Le Champlain which serve a really excellent food. One of the best restaurant in Quebec for sure.
I disagree with tgis. We went to Le Champlain last year. Very dissapoiting. After all the hype about the food and new chef we found it veey expensive for what we got. The quality was ok but the plates were very small. This is not one of the best restaurants in Quebec. Go to Le Saint-Amour if you want an excellent restaurant or Panache. Saying that the hotel really is one of a kind and apart from the restaurant always enjoy every other part. However for the difference in price I would alwats suggest a River view since some rooms are quite small
Old Apr 15, 2015, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
I disagree with tgis. We went to Le Champlain last year. Very dissapoiting. After all the hype about the food and new chef we found it veey expensive for what we got. The quality was ok but the plates were very small. This is not one of the best restaurants in Quebec. Go to Le Saint-Amour if you want an excellent restaurant or Panache. Saying that the hotel really is one of a kind and apart from the restaurant always enjoy every other part. However for the difference in price I would alwats suggest a River view since some rooms are quite small
Well we will agree to disagree about Le Champlain. This is IMO one of the best restaurant in Quebec, the kind of food which is not only good but which surprised me (which not happens very often in North America). I've been in the Saint-Amour as well, this is another very good restaurant in Quebec, but for someone who have a 100 CAD credit with a FHR rate it would be a shame to not try Le Champlain at all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.