Fairmont Le Château Frontenac

Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:00 am

PS - Is there a way to join Les Amis du Cheateau loyalty group without placing reservations through them or using the promo code?

I can't seem to figure out how to sign up for this on their website, but would love to take advantage of the 20% discount on cocktails at the St-Laurent Bar!

Thanks!!

PS - We already have dinner reservations at Panache, Le Saint-Amour, L'Échaudé, Le Patriarche, and Pain Béni. Thanks for the kind offer though!

EDIT/UPDATE: I finally figured out how to register; I guess I'll get a membership card in the mail sometime soon? How long approx. did it take you to receive yours?

Thanks!

Last edited by OliverB; Mar 10, 2012 at 11:52 am
Old Mar 11, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by OliverB
EDIT/UPDATE: I finally figured out how to register; I guess I'll get a membership card in the mail sometime soon? How long approx. did it take you to receive yours?
Got a welcome letter and membership in the card 4 days after getting home.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 8:29 pm

After getting home from your stay, or after registering for the card?

I'm confused, is it only validated after your stay?

I put in my home address and registered online... won't they just send the card in the mail directly, as I'm hoping to apply it to bar and liquor sales on my upcoming stay this month.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:36 am

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
I just signed up and discovered that if you click on "Lost Card" you're taken to a page where you can instantly print out a card. I'll be using that for my stay this weekend.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by merrickdb
I just signed up and discovered that if you click on "Lost Card" you're taken to a page where you can instantly print out a card. I'll be using that for my stay this weekend.
Thanks so much! I'm assuming I'll have received a card before the 30th, but if not, I now have a backup!

Merci!!
Old Mar 14, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
After getting home from your stay, or after registering for the card?

I'm confused, is it only validated after your stay?

I put in my home address and registered online... won't they just send the card in the mail directly, as I'm hoping to apply it to bar and liquor sales on my upcoming stay this month.
No. I only noticed it reading a small sign at the hotel, so signed up while I was there. So I didn't get to use it. Hence why it arrived after I got home. The signs are in french, so I don't think its meant for tourists to find but more to attract a local crowd to eat and stay at the hotel.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 12:39 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Global Entry
Places To Eat?

Looking for suggestions on some places to eat for dinner. Looking for one upscale place and another one that's a little more casual.

For the upscale place, I'm between Panache, le Saint Amour and Le Patriarche. Appreciate any suggestions.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Originally Posted by Mindray
Looking for suggestions on some places to eat for dinner. Looking for one upscale place and another one that's a little more casual.

For the upscale place, I'm between Panache, le Saint Amour and Le Patriarche. Appreciate any suggestions.

For upscale, you have listed some very good choices. My own tastes would take me to Le Saint-Amour. YMMV.

A nice place very close to the CF is the Caffé Conti, which is "smart casual" without being overly expensive.

If you have time for a leisurely lunch on a weekday, I would propose trying Le Parlementaire inside the National Assembly (bring ID for the security check). Check opening times and menus here: http://www.assnat.qc.ca/en/visiteurs...ire/index.html

Best to call ahead to make sure they are open. IIRC they may close when the legislature isn't sitting.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: GP plat, SPG plat
Hi all, I'm arriving here later and was wondering if anyone had any advice on parking. I'd rather not pay $32CAD/day!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 7:59 pm

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
Currently at Chateau Frontenac. Check in was a mess, arrived at 3pm, room not ready until 6pm.

View is nice, room a good size but quite worn.

Glad only here for one night.

Edit Update:

Hotel did a great job on the recovery with a personal contact to us. Goes a long way.

Last edited by drwilliams; Dec 28, 2012 at 7:09 am
Old Dec 31, 2012, 7:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
Originally Posted by drwilliams
Currently at Chateau Frontenac. Check in was a mess, arrived at 3pm, room not ready until 6pm.

View is nice, room a good size but quite worn.

Glad only here for one night.

Edit Update:

Hotel did a great job on the recovery with a personal contact to us. Goes a long way.
Doc, can you please elaborate on the nature of the "personal contact"? What did they do to appease you or make up for the problems? What kind of room are you in?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 9:23 pm

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
Originally Posted by Shenanigans
Doc, can you please elaborate on the nature of the "personal contact"? What did they do to appease you or make up for the problems? What kind of room are you in?
The front desk manager called in the morning, apologized for the delay, explained the hotel was busy but that waiting until 6pm to check in was completely unacceptable.

They added a free night cert to be used this year (by end of February, the FPC year end). We will not get a chance to use it before the end of February, but the offer was very gracious and appreciated.

Room was a one bedroom king suite, not sure what category it is in, but the room had a separate bed room and good sized living room.

And thanks for the title, but dr is for initials, medical schools have better standards than me ...
Old Jan 1, 2013, 2:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
Originally Posted by drwilliams
The front desk manager called in the morning, apologized for the delay, explained the hotel was busy but that waiting until 6pm to check in was completely unacceptable.

They added a free night cert to be used this year (by end of February, the FPC year end). We will not get a chance to use it before the end of February, but the offer was very gracious and appreciated.

Room was a one bedroom king suite, not sure what category it is in, but the room had a separate bed room and good sized living room.

And thanks for the title, but dr is for initials, medical schools have better standards than me ...
Thanks and sorry for the presumption on my part.

You might still be able to use that free night if you have a reservation in either March or April. I have previously had certificates extended past the end of February to be applied on upcoming reservations but only into April. Don't know how far they might extend the courtesy but it might be something for you to consider.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 7:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
Just came back from a 3 night stay with the first 2 nights booked through FHR and the third night using a free night cert. Having arrived on the train from YOW in the middle of a blizzard on Dec 27 delayed by 2.5 hrs, we were hoping the quickly get to the hotel only to be faced with a 50 person line for a cab with no cabs to be found. A quick call to the Fairmont seeing if they had a car service yielded me a cab to the side door of the station in less than 10 minutes!

At check-in, the front desk clerk went through all the FHR amenities including upgraded room to a deluxe room, $100 FB credit, free buffet breakfast, and late checkout which we didn't need.

Room - I was hoping to get upgraded to a suite using a suite upgrade cert but they had been sold out for months. The room we got was on the 7th floor with a lovely view of both the river and part of the old city. The decor/furnishings were standard Fairmont fare - a little dated but did the trick.

Dining - Not wanting to venture out into the frigid conditions the first night, we decided to eat in the Cafe de Terrase. Unfortunately, there were a lot of other guests who had the same idea. You could choose from either the buffet which at $51 was overpriced given the selection or the a la carte menu. This a la carte menu was similarly overpriced - a chicken sandwich was $23. I ordered a french onion soup and shrimp tempura while the wife ordered the aforementioned chicken sandwich along with an overpriced bottle of wine that was marked up 400% vs what I would pay at the liquor store in YYC. After 45 minutes of waiting, I still not have my appetizer and there had been no communication from the waitstaff. I flagged down someone who I presume was the mgr and she indicated they were severely backed up with orders from the bar (our restaurant was less than 25% full). She offered a plate from the buffet to tide us over. Finally our meals came at the 1hr 10 min mark with no appetizer to be seen which I subsequently cancelled. Food was so so but the lack of service definitely soured the experience.

Since the breakfast buffet was free with the FHR rate, we had to return in the morning. The buffet was so so, but beggars can't be choosers when it's free. Service was a lot better though with frequent refills of OJ and coffee

We did stop for a nightcap each of our 3 nights in the Laurentian lounge. Both Thursday and Friday, they have live jazz which was enjoyable and service was good. Drink prices were of your expected standard Fairmont bar pricing.

Our other 2 meals were at Le Continental which is just down the street and an Italian place in the lower part of the city - Il Matto. Le Continental was a little pricey but well worth it. Service and food were great and I would not hesitate to recomment. Il Matto was a contemporary Italian restaurant and was fabulous. Pricing was very reasonable and the food was excellent.

Pool - Definitely not a highlight with a ton of unattended children who were out of control, however it was the Xmas holidays so I guess this was to be expected.

Spa - Booked two 80 minute massages at the Payot Institut which is located in the hotel. At $220 each before tip, they were a little on the pricey side but were enjoyable. The one bizarre thing that did happen was that when we checked in for our appts, the front desk girl in the spa insisted that we pay upfront including tip "as that is what people usually do"? How can I tip for a service that I have yet to receive and have no idea how good the massage is going to be! Needless to say, I had to pay for the treatments and then pay again for the tips after the fact - very odd.

Location - The hotel is in a perfect location within walking distance to everything and a short $6 cab from the train station. One must do during the winter season is taking a ride on the ice slides out back of the hotel. It's $2.50/ride/person and was a ton of fun for all ages.

Overall - The hotel suited its purpose for our trip, however without the added FHR benefits, I would have easily been happy somewhere else in the old City.

Last edited by habshabs444; Jan 2, 2013 at 7:25 pm
Old Aug 4, 2013, 1:22 pm

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Does Frontenac have a Gold Floor?

I'm looking at booking a room for March, but none of the rooms on the Fairmont website are listed as Gold Rooms. Does Frontenac call them something else?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.