Fairmont Le Château Frontenac

Old Sep 21, 2011, 5:44 pm

Programs: Accor Plat, SPG Gold, MR Silver, BA Gold, DL Silver, Amex Plat (IDC)
So...

I stayed at Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac for 3 nights last week (fri-sun).

I used the suite cert and the third night cert.

We came from the Queen Elizabeth and was their at 2PM, unfortunately, our room was not ready (the checkin time is 4pm, so no issue), the girl was REALLY friendly and she had a "surprise" for us!

So, she asked my phone number and told me she will call me when the room is ready.

no call, but at 5pm we were back at the hotel, and the room was ready.

Unfortunately, because the hotel is full, no more Junior Suite for us, so we got AN amazing Charles de Gaulle Suite, mean 2 corner room on floor 12, with view on the city (from the room "living room" with just a large couch, 2 sofa, one bathroom / shower) and the view on the river from our bedroom. Their is 2 rooms (with 2keys) with the corridor between them, so we can close the corridor door and be really private.

The hotel is simply wonderful. The "service royal" is fast and really great. and everyone, everything was smooth and just wonderful.

Quebec City is a great city and was just a wow moment.

We tried the restaurant and the bar (st laurent lounge) the million $ legs cocktail is my best cocktail so far! and the restaurant was good.

This is a REAL Fairmont experience, and cant wait to go back.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by alelex
So...

I stayed at Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac for 3 nights last week (fri-sun).

I used the suite cert and the third night cert.

We came from the Queen Elizabeth and was their at 2PM, unfortunately, our room was not ready (the checkin time is 4pm, so no issue), the girl was REALLY friendly and she had a "surprise" for us!

So, she asked my phone number and told me she will call me when the room is ready.

no call, but at 5pm we were back at the hotel, and the room was ready.

Unfortunately, because the hotel is full, no more Junior Suite for us, so we got AN amazing Charles de Gaulle Suite, mean 2 corner room on floor 12, with view on the city (from the room "living room" with just a large couch, 2 sofa, one bathroom / shower) and the view on the river from our bedroom. Their is 2 rooms (with 2keys) with the corridor between them, so we can close the corridor door and be really private.

The hotel is simply wonderful. The "service royal" is fast and really great. and everyone, everything was smooth and just wonderful.

Quebec City is a great city and was just a wow moment.

We tried the restaurant and the bar (st laurent lounge) the million $ legs cocktail is my best cocktail so far! and the restaurant was good.

This is a REAL Fairmont experience, and cant wait to go back.
Glad to hear you had an excellent experience at Chateau Frontenac.. regarded one of the principal original Fairmonts in Eastern Canada..

We hope to visit one day as well.. your review sounds like the hotel is outstanding in both service and rooms..
Old Sep 24, 2011, 9:15 am

Programs: Accor Plat, SPG Gold, MR Silver, BA Gold, DL Silver, Amex Plat (IDC)
Good news!

I just got my credits to my 3 days stay at this hotel, and good news, I got 2 stays of 3 days!

The room I got with my coupon was a suite with 2 rooms (1201-1202) so I think the system count it like two rooms!

Will stay their from 14-21 dec I paid 160$ for a classic room and will get Jr suite with my new cert.

Can't wait to go back and see Quebec in dec!
Old Sep 24, 2011, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Good news!

I just got my credits to my 3 days stay at this hotel, and good news, I got 2 stays of 3 days!

The room I got with my coupon was a suite with 2 rooms (1201-1202) so I think the system count it like two rooms!

Will stay their from 14-21 dec I paid 160$ for a classic room and will get Jr suite with my new cert.

Suite with two rooms sounds like a one bedroom suite.. I've never had a one bedroom suite, or one room booked with two rooms, ever count towards FPC credit for 2 rooms..

Sounds like a great price for a very nice room..
Old Sep 24, 2011, 4:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
Good news!

Hmm, this might explain the credits received for our recent stay at the BSH. Also had a two room suite (separate living room and bedrooms with room numbers attached to each) and got credited for two stays and six nights. Either that or it's an error but hadn't considered this angle.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shenanigans
Hmm, this might explain the credits received for our recent stay at the BSH. Also had a two room suite (separate living room and bedrooms with room numbers attached to each) and got credited for two stays and six nights. Either that or it's an error but hadn't considered this angle.
You could say get a one bedroom suite, or a suite category room.. book another connecting room on a seperate reservation.. and get credit for both rooms on seperate profiles.. But you do end up paying for two rooms..

If you did pay for the two rooms and booked it under seperate reservations.. you will indeed get credit on the two seperate profiles..

In the past, FPC members make the mistake of booking multiple rooms under the same profile, and only getting credit for one room, even if the FPC member booked 5 rooms (as an example) under one profile.. This happened to Kokinos last year..

If indeed under one reservation you ended up getting double credit.. it is a mistake.. in your favor.. This has happened awhile back for me also..
Old Mar 9, 2012, 5:14 am

Chateau Frontenac - Difference between a Signature King and Junior Suite King?

Hello,

I normally stay in the GOLD Rooms or GOLD Jr. Suites at the Frontenac, but am very disappointed to learn that these floors are closed during my upcoming stay.

I am currently booked into a Signature King NS with River View but am considering an uograde to a Jr. Suite.

I cannot find any comparisson photos and don't really trust the examples on Fairmont's website, as I know from experience that the rooms in this hotel vary considerably and can look quite different from what's seen online. I would like to know, both in terms of decor, amenities, views, and size - what the difference between these two room categories are?

Everytime that I call up reservations, I'm somehow talked out of an upgrade as I'm assured that I'm currently booked into the highest room category available and that these are considered their premium and best rooms in the hotel. If that's the case, why are there higher priced suites sold? Is it based solely ont he size of the room??

I'm assured that we'll be placed into the largest and most ideal room available within this Signature category, and frankly, the space is not my prime concern... I just want to know if there are more luxurious rooms for sale at the Jr. Suite level?

This is a very special weekend for me and my girlfriend, and I don't want to compromise with the rooms. I don't mind paying an extra $200 a night for suite upgrade. However, if in fact the Signature Room that I currently have booked is every bit as 'grand' and 'indulgent' as those available in the Jr. Suite class (or perhaps moreso!) and the only difference is the size of the room - then I'm content to keep my reservation as is.

However if the decor and amenities, layout, etc. are more lavish and impressive at the suite levels -- I will gladly upgrade without hesitation!

I'd greatly appreciate any advice you can offer re. the room categories at this property! Thanks so much!!!
Old Mar 9, 2012, 6:50 am

I just called back and was able to get a free upgrade to the Gold Signature King afterall at no additional cost, since the floor features are unavailable at the time of our stay!

Looks like we'll have a Signature King and the entire Gold floor to ourselves!! ^

And it sounds like we can get an easy upgrade to one of the Jr. Suites if necessary. We'll see on check-in!
Old Mar 9, 2012, 7:21 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
I was there this past weekend and was upgraded to the Gold floor as its closed. I was given what they seem to call a junior suite, specifically the René Levesque suite (Quebec politician).

It essentially two small connecting rooms with a king bed in one, and a sitting area in the other. The sitting area is smaller than the sleeping area. There is only one bathroom, and its a corner suite.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 7:52 am

Programs: AC, UA, HH, MR, and the other usual suspects
It sounds like your questions are resolved, but just for future info:
I used a room upgrade certificate to upgrade to a signature room two years ago. The room was quite spacious, was in one of the turrets, had lots of windows, and had a wonderful view of the St. Lawrence. I was very happy with the room, probably more than I would have been with a suite upgrade with a lesser view.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by MtlFire
I was there this past weekend and was upgraded to the Gold floor as its closed. I was given what they seem to call a junior suite, specifically the René Levesque suite (Quebec politician).

It essentially two small connecting rooms with a king bed in one, and a sitting area in the other. The sitting area is smaller than the sleeping area. There is only one bathroom, and its a corner suite.
Thanks so much... do you know if this is the equivalent of a Gold Signature room, which is what they confirmed me in?

I remember staying in a regular Signature King NS two years ago and being unhappy with certain aspects; we were changed around twice - first to a larger Signature room and then to a Gold level Suite. I'm not sure if we'll be staying in a similar room this time around, but imagine due to the low occupancy that we'll probably get our pick of the Gold floor accommodations if we're not entirely content. Good to know!

My only concern is that the concierge was going to somehow upgrade our TV to be able to accept HDMI connection from my laptop's Blu Ray player, so hopefully switching rooms won't also mean having to switch TV and hardware as well!

Thanks for the feedback!!
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:12 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
I was given what they seem to call a junior suite, specifically the René Levesque suite (Quebec politician).
Was it a smoking room by chance?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 8:47 am

I stayed here last week in the René Lévesque suite (a junior suite on the 16th floor). I'll try to post some pictures later, but two quick points:

1. The hotel has its own fan club, or local loyalty club. Membership is free, and since its aimed at local residents and trying to get them to eat there and possibly stay I night -- the web site only appears to be in french:

www.amisduchateau.ca

You get 20% off food, drink and mini-bar, as well as spa discounts (mon-thur only) and discounts in the boutiques. There is also a discounted room rate available depending on availability. It appears to use code PNEN when it searches.

It will get your a Fairmont King for $149, which is usually the going great rates monthly price if the hotel is participating. Other room types available.

2. I ate at a nearby restaurant, La Crémaillère, you can get to it by foot as its only a 3 block walk. Very good food and service.

www.cremaillere.qc.ca

If anyone is interested I have a remaining 40$ certificate for this restaurant that expires on the 31st of April 2012. I won't be able to use it before it expires, if there is anyone going before then, and would like to eat there, I'll gladly mail it to you (no charge).

Limitations are you have to dine for two, and you have to eat from the Table d'Hôte. A four course meal that includes a starter, soup, meal and dessert. Prices when I was there ranged from about 30$ to 57$ a person. 57$ being the rack of lamb.

PM if you have an existing reservation at the Chateau and you would like to dine here. As I only have one left, I'd like it to go to someone who will actually use it.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by OliverB
Thanks so much... do you know if this is the equivalent of a Gold Signature room, which is what they confirmed me in?
It was my first time here, so I can't really elaborate much more than I did. I'm not familiar with the other rooms.

Originally Posted by ABG
Was it a smoking room by chance?
Sure. But it was an extra 250$

It was an interesting tidbit of history, various pictures of him on the walls as well as several books about the premier in the living room area.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:52 am

I stayed here last week in the René Lévesque suite (a junior suite on the 16th floor). I'll try to post some pictures later, but two quick points:

1. The hotel has its own fan club, or local loyalty club. Membership is free, and since its aimed at local residents and trying to get them to eat there and possibly stay I night -- the web site only appears to be in french:

www.amisduchateau.ca

You get 20% off food, drink and mini-bar, as well as spa discounts (mon-thur only) and discounts in the boutiques. There is also a discounted room rate available depending on availability. It appears to use code PNEN when it searches.

It will get your a Fairmont King for $149, which is usually the going great rates monthly price if the hotel is participating. Other room types available.

2. I ate at a nearby restaurant, La Crémaillère, you can get to it by foot as its only a 3 block walk. Very good food and service.

www.cremaillere.qc.ca

If anyone is interested I have a remaining 40$ certificate for this restaurant that expires on the 31st of April 2012. I won't be able to use it before it expires, if there is anyone going before then, and would like to eat there, I'll gladly mail it to you (no charge).

Limitations are you have to dine for two, and you have to eat from the Table d'Hôte. A four course meal that includes a starter, soup, meal and dessert. Prices when I was there ranged from about 30$ to 57$ a person. 57$ being the rack of lamb.

PM if you have an existing reservation at the Chateau and you would like to dine here. As I only have one left, I'd like it to go to someone who will actually use it.
Hello MtlFire,

Was the René Lévesque Suite on the Gold Level Floors and did it have a river view of the St-Lawrence?

I would love to see photos if you wouldn't mind sharing!

I may request that same suite myself!

Thanks!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.