Fairmont Le Château Frontenac

Old Aug 28, 2011, 8:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by znke252
It's understandable that Fairmont wants to maintain gold as being special. That being said, providing a one time offer to its Platinum members might be a good marketing tool to showcase gold.
Had a line on the Gold Suite upgrade.. would have been provided to me if the deadline didn't pass..

I guess when the certificate was issue, it was only good for 3 weeks.. we weren't really going to visit Fairmonts early December..

I've had one of the Guest Relations manager offer a gold upgrade.. still haven't taken him up on the offer yet..

We have stayed in the Presidential Suite at Chateau Whistler one year.. so experienced gold, but the room overshadowed us taking the elevators down and using the gold lounge..
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:05 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I just made 2 night reservations here using my complimentary certs. Unfortunately, I could not use either a suite or room upgrade for the first night
so I am thinking of canceling that 1st night res and just check in for the next night with my suite upgrade confirmed.

Since I am staying a total of 3 nights in Quebec, I wonder if you have any recommendations for nearby nice hotels we could stay at?

I also found out this hotel has no Willow Stream Spa...too bad, the wife was looking to use the cert!

Does anyone know what is the "Complimentary Authentically Local Food Experience" in this property?

Does it have BMW bikes? If yes, is it first come first served for them or do we need to reserve them?

Any must dos/eats/views nearby pls pm me, thank you!
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:22 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Looking for advice/experiences re: Frontenac room choice

All,

I'm taking Mrs. Andyandy to QC for our anniversary in November (brrr!) and staying at the Chateau Frontenac. I stayed there once as a child, but haven't been back. So, I'm trying to decide on the room and would appreciate advice from anyone who's stayed there. I've got a base budget of $900, courtesy of the Venture "status match" offer back in the Spring, for two nights and I'm booking through a Virtuoso agent (upgrade if available, breakfast, $100 food credit). Virtuoso rates track the BAR perfectly.

So, here's my dilemma: a Gold Signature room is $459/night, while a regular junior suite is $449 a night. The Gold benefits would be nice, but since our rate will include breakfast and $100 in food credit, they're not all that compelling. A junior suite (with a possible Virtuoso upgrade) might get us a nicer room. But then, the Gold rooms are in the central tower where I'd prefer to stay. But, just to complicate matters further, my Virtuoso agent said there was roof construction that might "impact" the Gold signature rooms. Ack! I'm having a tough time making a decision, any advice?

Andyandy

P.S.: Already joined President's Club, asked for a status match, no joy.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
My wife and I stayed in one of the gold rooms on the 14th floor for 4 nights at the end of June. Beautifully updated rooms (updated but still rich historic decor) and excellent service.

They were doing roof construction then, but it didn't affect many of the rooms. As I recall, it was only blocking some of the views on some front rooms on the 15th or 16th floors, but that was then. I don't know if the construction has expanded to other areas?

If your package already includes breakfast, then you might not need all of the gold benefits like the breakfast in the lounge, but we found the lounge access throughout the day to be very nice. Just dropping in for a snack and a drink before bed in a quiet and private lounge just down the hall from our room was great. The concierge service at the lounge is also nice when looking for advice and reservations with area restaurants.

Price aside, I think I would prefer the Gold room over the regular junior suite. The junior suites are really not that much bigger than the gold rooms, but because they are divided into a bedroom and a sitting room, the jr suites can end up feeling smaller because each of the 2 rooms of the suite are smaller than the single studio room layout of the gold room. Unless you plan to entertain guests in your room and the bed will get in the way, I think the gold room is better.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 9:40 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Price aside, I think I would prefer the Gold room over the regular junior suite. The junior suites are really not that much bigger than the gold rooms, but because they are divided into a bedroom and a sitting room, the jr suites can end up feeling smaller because each of the 2 rooms of the suite are smaller than the single studio room layout of the gold room. Unless you plan to entertain guests in your room and the bed will get in the way, I think the gold room is better.
Thanks for the response, CanadaDH! From some trip reports, it does look like a few of the Jr. Suites are pretty chopped up and cramped looking. I think I'll go for the Gold King River View or Signature.

Andyandy
Old Sep 6, 2011, 11:38 am

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Originally Posted by andyandy
Thanks for the response, CanadaDH! From some trip reports, it does look like a few of the Jr. Suites are pretty chopped up and cramped looking. I think I'll go for the Gold King River View or Signature.

Andyandy
Definitely go for the gold floor. When I was staying there a few years ago on our anniversary trip, it was great to enjoy a nice bottle of wine in the gold lounge in one of the circle seating areas all to ourselves, great views of the city and river and very private. The gold attendant even allowed our own bottle of wine as long as she was allowed to pour!!
Old Sep 6, 2011, 6:37 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
just returned from 2 nights at the Junior Suite. We enjoyed the two rooms and the shape of it is kind of unique. What bothered me was the tiny bathroom. And shoeshine never showed up

Other than that it was a great stay. We really loved the BMW bikes!
Old Sep 10, 2011, 4:30 pm

just spent 2 night stay at this hotel. very nice and charming. got upgraded to deluxe room. it was not too small and the bathroom was not tinny one. Quebec is a very beautiful city. we enjoyed it very much.

the only thing that we did not like about the hotel is the food service.

we went to the terrace cafe for dinner. the food was terrible. we presented our Complimentary Authentically Local Food Experience certificate and all we got is some olives spread, spinach spread,tomatoes and toast. upon check-out i mentioned this to the front disk staff and she was very surprised. she removed the charge from my bill. she also removed the breakfast charges. that was extremely generous of her ^
Old Sep 10, 2011, 8:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by KSA_USA
just spent 2 night stay at this hotel. very nice and charming. got upgraded to deluxe room. it was not too small and the bathroom was not tinny one. Quebec is a very beautiful city. we enjoyed it very much.

the only thing that we did not like about the hotel is the food service.

we went to the terrace cafe for dinner. the food was terrible. we presented our Complimentary Authentically Local Food Experience certificate and all we got is some olives spread, spinach spread,tomatoes and toast. upon check-out i mentioned this to the front disk staff and she was very surprised. she removed the charge from my bill. she also removed the breakfast charges. that was extremely generous of her ^
Wow.. I assume you presented your physical certificate for complimentary Authentically Local Food Experience.. You should check if its been redeemed on your Electronic Profile..

But, fair trade overall to have the food charge and breakfasts removed from your bill..
Old Sep 10, 2011, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Wow.. I assume you presented your physical certificate for complimentary Authentically Local Food Experience.. You should check if its been redeemed on your Electronic Profile..

But, fair trade overall to have the food charge and breakfasts removed from your bill..
yes i presented the actual certificate and my online profile shows its been redeemed. i really believe that she was very generous to remove all the food charges. she also took the time to explained to us the purpose of this new benefit and she joked about the olive and tomatoes we got by saying "i could make this at my home"
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by KSA_USA
yes i presented the actual certificate and my online profile shows its been redeemed. i really believe that she was very generous to remove all the food charges. she also took the time to explained to us the purpose of this new benefit and she joked about the olive and tomatoes we got by saying "i could make this at my home"
LOL!

Hopefully your experience isn't a sign of enhancements to come.. Pales in comparison to the lobster supper my wife received at Mayakoba, which was excellent by the way..

I'm wondering what the hotel was thinking? Maybe the chef on hand, didn't really know how to what should have been served as the Authentically Local dish
Old Sep 11, 2011, 8:27 am

I redeemed the actual paper cert for this local food experience too and it shows redeemed on my online profile. I redeeemed it at the restaurant downstairs on behalf of my wife. The dish was some fancy dessert which was pretty good. I was expecting a lunch entry, not a dessert. So we gave her some more food from our buffet entries (using the dining certs) so all was good at the end. Food was okay, definitely nothing to rave about. Service at the restaurant was indeed lackluster. Only the manager was great dealing with on how best to redeem the certs, everyone else was...just adequate. Great place to stay in & great city & great BMW bikes! Do not come here for the food!
Old Sep 11, 2011, 11:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gpapadop
I redeemed the actual paper cert for this local food experience too and it shows redeemed on my online profile. I redeeemed it at the restaurant downstairs on behalf of my wife. The dish was some fancy dessert which was pretty good. I was expecting a lunch entry, not a dessert. So we gave her some more food from our buffet entries (using the dining certs) so all was good at the end. Food was okay, definitely nothing to rave about. Service at the restaurant was indeed lackluster. Only the manager was great dealing with on how best to redeem the certs, everyone else was...just adequate. Great place to stay in & great city & great BMW bikes! Do not come here for the food!
So some Fairmonts are starting to substitue Appy's and Dessert for the Authentically Local Food Experience?

I hope this isn't a trend that's happening.. a rediculous enhancement.. Why offer it, if Fairmont is just going to water it down to appy's and desserts?
Old Sep 20, 2011, 9:54 pm

I used my dining certs here over the Labor Day weekend. NONE of my certs has been redeemed online yet! Is this normal? How long does it take?
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gpapadop
I used my dining certs here over the Labor Day weekend. NONE of my certs has been redeemed online yet! Is this normal? How long does it take?
I notice by the time I check out, its always redeemed..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.