Bangkok Hotels

Old Dec 4, 2023, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: KE Skypass, BA Avios, BR MileageLands, Accor Gold
Bangkok Hotels

Mrs. CWA14 and I looking for a posh-ish staycation (Thailand based). We are considering a few properties such as: Pullman Bangkok Hotel G, Banyan Tree Bangkok, and SO/Bangkok. Has there been any recent stays and/or recommendations? Are there similar properties (Accor or not) that I may have overlooked? Accor Gold so would be hopeful to swing an upgrade. Any and all advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 8:28 am

Programs: THY Elite Plus, Aegean Gold, LH FTL. Former BA Gold, Air France Platinum, Czech Gold, United PE.
Originally Posted by CWA14
Mrs. CWA14 and I looking for a posh-ish staycation (Thailand based). We are considering a few properties such as: Pullman Bangkok Hotel G, Banyan Tree Bangkok, and SO/Bangkok. Has there been any recent stays and/or recommendations? Are there similar properties (Accor or not) that I may have overlooked? Accor Gold so would be hopeful to swing an upgrade. Any and all advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Don't under any circumstances book the Pullman Bangkok G - it is a disaster! I've just booked the Movenpick Wellness Resort for a stay in late January and the price of suites is currently really quite reasonable.
lkrt and CWA14 like this.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 10:27 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat, Hilton Honors Gold
Seconded re Pullman Bangkok G, really odd service and rooms are not luxurious in any sense.
CWA14 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KE Skypass, BA Avios, BR MileageLands, Accor Gold
Thank you both for that heads-up. Will definitely give the Pullman G Bangkok a miss.

The Movenpick we will definitely look at and consider. We are also considering getting out of Bangkok and heading down to Si Racha and getting a suite at the Novotel Marina Sriracha & Ko Si Chang. I know there isn't a ton to do in Si Racha. But has anyone stayed at the Novotel there and would advise as to whether it'd be worth a two-night getaway for?
Old Dec 7, 2023, 3:39 am

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite
Pullman Bangkok Hotel G is not good.

Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit was good to me when I was Gold.

Pullman Bangkok Grande was pleasant as well.

Both upgraded.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 10:31 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
not sure what should be so bad re Pullman G!
was there during Test & Go phase in 2022 and was quite pleased...lounges can get quite crowded though, but rooms and service are ok for that price. the rooftop restaurant/bar is nice

of course SO/ Bangkok is better, but prices are quite high there...and you are lucky if you get an upgrade as Gold member...

Movenpick BDMS Wellness resort is newly renovated; the park is stunning and the suites are large with balcony, some face the Khlong (channel with electric commuter boats)

Novotel Sri Racha is a relatively new hotel, but it's not really a tourist spot, further south Pullman G Pattaya (which is outside the entertainment and red light area) and Movenpick Na Jomtien are good alternatives
CWA14 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 8:21 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meli silver.
Originally Posted by BinSabai
not sure what should be so bad re Pullman G! (...)
I was surprised as well by the comments about this hotel. It is definitely not the Sofitel Silom it used to be, but for the price, it is not bad.

As with every hotel, is is a matter of expectations and price.

If you can afford Sofitel Sukhumvit or So, then of course, Pullman is not a place for you.

But if you cannot afford better, then Pullman G (I would definitely recommend the Club Floors though) is an acceptable place to stay if you like the style of the place.
BinSabai and starflyergold like this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 8:28 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meli silver.
Originally Posted by ruff00
Pullman Bangkok Hotel G is not good.

Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit was good to me when I was Gold. (...)
You must compare what is comparable.

Sofitel Sukhumvit is almost 2.5 times more expensive than Pullman G next week!!! (251 against 106 for a basic room).

Following your logic, why not say that Novotel Singapore is "not good" but The Raffles treated you well?
BinSabai likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by CWA14
(...) Pullman Bangkok Hotel G, Banyan Tree Bangkok, and SO/Bangkok. (...).
They don't compete in the same league.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by carnarvon
I was surprised as well by the comments about this hotel. It is definitely not the Sofitel Silom it used to be, but for the price, it is not bad.

As with every hotel, is is a matter of expectations and price.

If you can afford Sofitel Sukhumvit or So, then of course, Pullman is not a place for you.

But if you cannot afford better, then Pullman G (I would definitely recommend the Club Floors though) is an acceptable place to stay if you like the style of the place.
agreed
the price difference between Sofitel Sukhumvit and SO on one side and Pullman G or comparable Accor hotels in Bangkok on the other side, has increased a lot since Covid
Old Dec 12, 2023, 11:15 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
MGallery VIE Bangkok is actually not half bad.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 2:08 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Hows Muse these days? I only visited the speakeasy bar on my last visit. It was a nice hotel and the location is now better than it was when it felt upscale.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
Hows Muse these days? I only visited the speakeasy bar on my last visit. It was a nice hotel and the location is now better than it was when it felt upscale.
Muse is not a typical Accor hotel; rather a theme based hotel. Rooms and decoration are rather dark. Some like it, some not at all.

Lounge facility is nice (either indoors or outdoor on the rooftop) but the happy hour offerings are medioce (Pullman G is even better)

They had a bit problems with the service after Covid (probably let too many people go).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.