Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Email details inadvertently sent to 41 others

Email details inadvertently sent to 41 others

Old Nov 17, 2023, 1:50 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Devon, UK
Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Posts: 840
Email details inadvertently sent to 41 others

Received the usual welcome emails before my upcoming stay at Sofitel T5. Unfortunately, the email was sent to, it appears, everyone else who is staying that night simultaneously.
I appreciate this is human error.
However, the "recall" email was then sent once again to everyone simultaneously.
Slightly miffed at this release of my email, as it is my work address and I can be identified in a couple of clicks.
Is it best I speak to a manager about it when I arrive, or should I contact Accor directly?
Thoughts please.
davidcamp6 is offline  
Old Nov 17, 2023, 2:06 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 8,227
GM AND Accor
Send an Email to the GM and ask to speak to him personally during your stay!
hotel_user likes this.
BinSabai is offline  
Old Nov 17, 2023, 2:09 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 8,227
as per July 2023, this was the GM:
[email protected]
BinSabai is offline  
Old Nov 17, 2023, 2:26 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Devon, UK
Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Posts: 840
Originally Posted by BinSabai
as per July 2023, this was the GM:
[email protected]
That is very kind of you to provide this information. Many thanks
BinSabai likes this.
davidcamp6 is offline  
Old Nov 17, 2023, 5:39 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 8,227
Originally Posted by davidcamp6
That is very kind of you to provide this information. Many thanks
I had myself some issues with this hotel in June of this year....
BinSabai is offline  
Old Nov 17, 2023, 7:31 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: HEL
Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat, Hilton Honors Gold
Posts: 3,149
Very disappointing. If not addressed with due concern, do lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner's Office .
hotel_user likes this.
lkrt is offline  
Old Nov 18, 2023, 2:03 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Devon, UK
Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Posts: 840
I received a reply indicating that their view that it was a "minor" breach and no action necessary.........then I received yet another email with the same 41 email addresses!
davidcamp6 is offline  
Old Nov 18, 2023, 7:29 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 21,654
Originally Posted by davidcamp6
I received a reply indicating that their view that it was a "minor" breach and no action necessary.
So surprising
Goldorak is offline  
Old Nov 18, 2023, 7:59 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: YYZ
Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Posts: 2,702
Originally Posted by davidcamp6
I received a reply indicating that their view that it was a "minor" breach and no action necessary.........then I received yet another email with the same 41 email addresses!
Maybe in the context of the scale of mistakes that Accor makes overall at the HQ level, this is "minor" by comparison! Everything is relative, right? But, it's anything but a minor matter. To tell the guest, after being confronted by an obvious mistake on their part, that they are essentially overreacting and that no harm was done, is sadly typical of Accor. They have such bad customer service abilities in general, that they have lost all ability to recognize what bad service is.

I wouldn't let it drop. I don't know how things work in the UK, but not only would I report the breach, I'd report the attitude of the GM toward the breach as being basically 'nothing to see here, folks', along with the fact that the breach happened a second time after they were confronted about it and said nothing needed to be done. If it happened twice to you, then it probably happens a lot with them.
CanadaDH is offline  
Old Nov 18, 2023, 9:48 am
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Devon, UK
Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Posts: 840
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Maybe in the context of the scale of mistakes that Accor makes overall at the HQ level, this is "minor" by comparison! Everything is relative, right? But, it's anything but a minor matter. To tell the guest, after being confronted by an obvious mistake on their part, that they are essentially overreacting and that no harm was done, is sadly typical of Accor. They have such bad customer service abilities in general, that they have lost all ability to recognize what bad service is.

I wouldn't let it drop. I don't know how things work in the UK, but not only would I report the breach, I'd report the attitude of the GM toward the breach as being basically 'nothing to see here, folks', along with the fact that the breach happened a second time after they were confronted about it and said nothing needed to be done. If it happened twice to you, then it probably happens a lot with them.
It is my intention to raise it with them when I arrive on Wednesday, face to face is much better as they cant hide. My flight ties not until mid morning Thursday so if there is no manager available to discuss it with on Wednesday, Ill speak again to the desk on Thursday.
hotel_user and CanadaDH like this.
davidcamp6 is offline  
Old Nov 18, 2023, 7:52 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Indianapolis, IN USA
Posts: 2,061
Oh...so painful to see this and can imagine you rolling your eyes when another email was sent. Ugh.

Originally Posted by davidcamp6
I received a reply indicating that their view that it was a "minor" breach and no action necessary.........then I received yet another email with the same 41 email addresses!
bowdenj is online now  
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:18 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 8,227
Originally Posted by davidcamp6
I received a reply indicating that their view that it was a "minor" breach and no action necessary.........then I received yet another email with the same 41 email addresses!
unbelievable and ridiculous!

it confirms the impression I had of this hotel and management...

check also the cleanliness of your room...I had stains on the carpet, furniture and even on the pillow slip
hotel_user likes this.
BinSabai is offline  
Old Nov 19, 2023, 10:34 am
  #13  
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Rhineland-Palatinate
Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Diamond
Posts: 5,549
Send an email to the DPO at Accor with the UK regulatory agency in CC. This is the standard procedure when there is a data breach. All the GM could do is exactly that : informing his DPO.
fransknorge is offline  
Old Nov 20, 2023, 11:16 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Portugal
Programs: TK Elite+, FB Platinum, BAEC Gold, ALL Diamond, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador
Posts: 289
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Send an email to the DPO at Accor with the UK regulatory agency in CC. This is the standard procedure when there is a data breach. All the GM could do is exactly that : informing his DPO.
This. Include screenshot of GM's response and second email.
ricardojrsousa is offline  
Old Nov 21, 2023, 1:30 am
  #15  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Spain
Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Posts: 1,112
Cant wait for my upcoming stay early next year
hotel_user is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.