1 Review | 100% Recommended

Pullman Tbilisi Axis Towers

37M Chavchavadze Avenue Tbilisi, GE 0179

Pullman Tbilisi Axis Towers (37 Photos)

Introduction

Welcome everybody

This is a review about a hotel i had in my watchlist for a long time

The hotel finally opened in 2022 (it has been delayed due to many reasons , one was covid) and is located in one of the axis towers , currenly highest buildings in tbilisi and i think in the entire country of georgia

It is located in a district called Vake , which has changed a lot within few years to become the most expensive of the city

In this complex you can find a lot of things including coworking space , offices , restaurants , shops , supermarket and so on

IMG_20221122_080359427.jpg

IMG_20221122_080311868.jpg

Check In

Checkin went fast , although i had to wait due to previous customer taking longer than usual but front desk and deputy manager apologised for this delay

IMG_20221121_212355834.jpg

No big deal for me but i like the effort

The lobby is quite big , due to the structure of the building

IMG_20221121_212350382.jpg

At the time of my visit , they are broadcasting world cups matches, but its still pretty quiet

IMG_20221122_112411498.jpg

Decoration is simple and minimalistic, with paintings of a georgian artist

IMG_20221122_115542179.jpg

Another local touch , books with poem from Shota Rustaveli

IMG_20221122_112434577.jpg

Plus , of course , the french touch not so far away

IMG_20221122_112449946.jpg

And what would be decoration in georgia without wine ??

IMG_20221122_115559235.jpg

I have been told that wine was invented here, or at least the oldest traces of such were found here

Room

Got upgraded to executive room . There are 3 types (Superior , Executive and Suites) , so i couldnt go very far with it , but it was a nice gesture , as it was done automatically

The room i got was almost at the top , there are 37 floors if my memory is correct , and each is well indicated , so you know where you are without leaving elevator

IMG_20221122_111846920.jpg

They advertise the restaurant , called Dumas , and the bar , called Weather Report , but more about them later

1_IMG_20221122_111858428.jpg

I think out of all these , i tried 15 brands only (mostly and many in economy and midscale) plus few in premium and luxury

IMG_20221122_111918376.jpg

Here are the welcome gifts i got

room5.jpg

After so much time in georgia i almost forgot the taste of cheese , due to outrageous price

room4.jpg

For the wine it was a saperavi red , no idea where it was made as it was branded under hotel's name , but it was really good

room3.jpg

The service was really quick , as i had couple of small requests , and i got all the help needed without asking/begging more than 1 time . Even if i requested only an opener , one waiter even came only to open the wine bottle for me

Ok , so let's talk about the room , its quite big , 35 meter square or 376 square foot , and there are 4 parts

1st is the living room , with his own TV

room7.jpg

room8.jpg

2nd is the bedroom , with a king size bed

1_room6.jpg

The TVs are around 100cm / 3.2 ft wide

room9.jpg

While some channels were not working and/or replaced by ukrainian channels , as often seen since February 2022 , you can still find russian channels here , i guess part of the feed comes from russia directly

3rd is the bathroom , with a nice bathtube , not just the usual sh*t you have at home

room10.jpg

The tube is located near windows , so you can take a bath while enjoying the view

Here is the view from windows in the morning

IMG_20221122_080629459.jpgIMG_20221122_080726211.jpgIMG_20221122_085739244.jpg

Even though there is an avnue downstairs , you dont hear anything , unlike in the Fairmont Baku , where even when windows are closed you can get a bit of cars noise

The 4th is the corridor but i forgot to take pictures , however you haven't missed a lot , just wardrobes , with all items you can expect from a good hotel + even the starter pack to use in fitness/gym area , or other nice details like umbrella and so on .....

Pool

Not much to say about pool + gym + spa , as i was too late to try all of them , i just had a quick swim before pool closed at 23:00 o'clock

IMG_20221121_224134228.jpg

It is not super deep but its quite wide and long pool , so plenty of space for everybody

There are also 2 jacuzzis if you wanna relax

IMG_20221121_224139491.jpg

For the spa + fitness i will come back another time to really test them , so nothing more to say about this topic

Dining

As i arrived late , due to a trip to Kazbegi (i really recommend you to visit the country side) , i rushed to the bar to get some drinks

IMG_20221121_222931935.jpg

The bar was empty , cause it was late evening during the week , but on friday/saturday it can be full (booking table might be required) cause events and parties are often organised here

IMG_20221121_222924937.jpgIMG_20221121_222935906.jpg

I have been invited there earlier last month so i know the bar already and whats available

Now lets move forward to the day after , to the Dumas restaurant located one floor below for breakfast

The breakfast is in buffet mode , but with better choice and more options than your simple brekfast in mid-scale hotel

breakfast-1.jpgkfast

breakfast-2.jpg

I like the fact they also had it was not just hot dishes with only meat available

breakfast-5.jpg

Some items or details are just really fancy for me , but its a five star so its understandable , they are not all here as part of decoration

breakfast-12.jpgbreakfast-11.jpgbreakfast-6.jpg

The only local items available here are lobiani and khachapuri .....

breakfast-8.jpg

.... plus a bottle of sparkling wine from Telavi

breakfast-14.jpg

This brand is quite famous in export, you often see this brand abroad , i also recommend to visit their winery , 2h drive from tbilisi , where even IHG managed to open a mind-blowing holiday inn (nothing compared with random Inns you can find elsewhere)

Here was my first shot , it was a really good breakfast . I forgot to mention that you can get omelets prepared per your taste , and it will be brought to you when ready , something i havent noticed in Sofitel Warsaw

breakfast-15.jpg

Overall

In summary it was a good stay , too bad i couldnt enjoy longer than one night , but its not my last visit there .

In a nutshell , if you visit Tbilisi , i can recommend two accor hotels , the Pullman Axis Towers or the Ibis Stadium (cause its a new property and it reflects the upgrades applied to Ibis in general , so it wont be that cheap looking brand as you know it in france for instance) , but Pullman is definitely my favourite

i havent tried yet other accor hotels in Tbilisi but i think i will in 2023

They both are up to date with the new accor policies , for instance reduce single usage items , wooden access cards instead of plastic ones , etc .... and you can be sure all amenities should work well as designed and the crews are very nice and helpful (tested on several occasions)

Would you like to write a review on the Pullman Tbilisi Axis Towers?

No, thank you.
Yes
Arpoador and EcotoneHR like this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 4:44 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
Thank you for the excellent review! The hotel looks great and thumbs up for the loyalty treatment!
Old Nov 25, 2022, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
nice hotel ! thanks for the review
Old Nov 28, 2022, 2:49 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
You are welcome

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.