Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Unable to book with a suite night upgrade for 2 weeks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2022, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Continually getting the same error. Any workarounds? I can do it through reservations on the phone, but it's more expensive than it shows online.

Old Oct 29, 2022, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Just realized my thread title is ambiguous, and maybe a dangling participle. I mean I've been trying for 2 weeks to book a room (for 1 night) with a suite upgrade.
:-)
Old Oct 29, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Example city/property and dates? Is the app giving the same error?
Old Oct 29, 2022, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by remymartin
Example city/property and dates? Is the app giving the same error?
Example is Sofitel NY 12 Nov - 13 Nov. App does the same thing, but with a slightly different error message.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 7:50 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Is it possible the dates are blacked out for SNU usage at that hotel? I have no idea if there is anything special about that date, or why that might be the case. I just tried a search, and also got an error, but was able to bring up SNU rates for other dates. I did a recent search on a different property and saw the same error. When I called in, I was told the date was blacked out. I don't know why the error message just says "Sorry, we cannot answer to your request due to a technical issue", instead of something more useful.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 7:55 pm

Now that I've run a few more searches, I can return SNU rates for that date. But, it would seem I'm getting that error when I only search for Nov 12 to Nov 13 or 14. But, when I search Nov 12 to 15, I get rates. Same thing with some other dates I tried. It seems to give me results for using SNUs, when staying 3 nights or longer. That seems weird, that they would have a 3-night minimum when using SNUs.

Old Oct 29, 2022, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

If I call customer service they can book it, but for a rate that's about $30 more than what's offered online. Not sure if I should pay that extra because of their error
Old Oct 29, 2022, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by aviators99
If I call customer service they can book it, but for a rate that's about $30 more than what's offered online. Not sure if I should pay that extra because of their error
Great that they can book it for you, but I'm not sure I understand how you can tell that the rate they can offer by phone is higher that online. When I search that date online, it goes straight to the error screen, and I don't see any rates. Or do you actually see rates briefly show up before it transitions to the error?
Old Oct 29, 2022, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Great that they can book it for you, but I'm not sure I understand how you can tell that the rate they can offer by phone is higher that online. When I search that date online, it goes straight to the error screen, and I don't see any rates. Or do you actually see rates briefly show up before it transitions to the error?
It does show me a rate. It doesn't give me the error until I try to book.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Trying to book Washington, DC now for December and still the same problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.