Accor + Qatar partnership

Old Sep 27, 22, 10:54 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC SE, DL Platinum, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Posts: 358
Accor + Qatar partnership

Accor + Qatar have announced a new partnership. The benefits look quite good:

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/pres...a=MXxOfDB8WXww

Not sure if we will also be able to earn Flying Blue points in addition to Avios.

You can link your accounts but like everything IT related with these organizations it doesn't appear to work right now:

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...ccor-post.html
remymartin and bellerophontes like this.
Benner is offline  
Old Sep 27, 22, 1:26 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: YUL
Programs: A3 *G, QR Plat, Accor ALL Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 74
Originally Posted by Benner View Post
Not sure if we will also be able to earn Flying Blue points in addition to Avios.
Not according to the terms:
3.6 You can only link your ALL Loyalty Programme account with one airline partner. If you have linked your ALL Loyalty Programme account with an airline partner other than Qatar Airways and now wish to link your ALL Loyalty Programme account to a Privilege Club Program account, then you will have to first unlink your ALL Loyalty Programme account from the other airline partner. You can unlink from the other airline partner via your ALL Loyalty Programme member dashboard if available or by contacting the customer care centre. Then, you can link you ALL Loyalty Programme account to your Privilege Club Programme account as described above in clause 3.

3.7 Except as set out in clause 3.8, switching from another airline partner to Qatar Airways will only be allowed if you linked your ALL Loyalty Programme account with the other airline partner more than 12 months ago. If your ALL Loyalty Programme account was linked to the other airline partner within the last 12 months, then you will have to wait until a full 12 months has passed before being able to link your ALL Loyalty Programme account to your Privilege Club Programme account.
Still great news to have an additional partner, especially with mutual status recognition for the first time.
Benner likes this.
bellerophontes is offline  
Old Sep 27, 22, 9:56 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Posts: 657
Indeed

Status Benefits for members of ALL - Accor Live Limitless:

Elite members of ALL who have flown on their first eligible Qatar Airways flight, after linking their account with Privilege Club, will benefit from complimentary tier upgrades with Privilege Club.

Gold members of ALL will be upgraded to Privilege Club Silver membership, granting them travel perks such as priority check-in, extra baggage allowance, lounge access, and more.

Platinum members of ALL will be upgraded to Privilege Club Gold membership, offering them priority check-in, extra baggage allowance, complimentary seat selection, lounge access, meet and greet service and much more.

Diamond members of ALL will be upgraded to Privilege Club Platinum membership, the highest tier in the programme, which will allow members to enjoy enhanced benefits of extra baggage allowance, complimentary seat selection, and lounge access, including access to Al Safwa First Lounge at Hamad International Airport when travelling in Business Class with Qatar Airways.
canadavid is offline  
Old Sep 27, 22, 10:49 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Doha, Qatar
Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Posts: 946
Was thinking about waiting until January to join so I can have it as a fallback for 2 years ;-)
hotel_user likes this.
SullyofDoha is offline  
Old Sep 30, 22, 10:43 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 24
Would this status match apply to Qatar flights booked (but not yet flown) before the account linking was done? I just lnked my accounts and have two already-booked flights on Qatar Airways coming up. I'm Gold on ALL but have no status with Qatar.

Also, it says "Elite members of ALL who have flown on their first eligible Qatar Airways flight, after linking their account with Privilege Club, will benefit from complimentary tier upgrades with Privilege Club."
So does this mean I won't have Qatar Privilege Silver status when I take my first Qatar flight, but I will have it on subsequent flights (including the return leg of that first flight)?

And do we know which Qatar flights are "eligible" flights?
rbbjhb is offline  
Old Oct 5, 22, 6:43 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: YUL
Programs: A3 *G, QR Plat, Accor ALL Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 74
Originally Posted by rbbjhb View Post
Would this status match apply to Qatar flights booked (but not yet flown) before the account linking was done? I just lnked my accounts and have two already-booked flights on Qatar Airways coming up. I'm Gold on ALL but have no status with Qatar.

Also, it says "Elite members of ALL who have flown on their first eligible Qatar Airways flight, after linking their account with Privilege Club, will benefit from complimentary tier upgrades with Privilege Club."
So does this mean I won't have Qatar Privilege Silver status when I take my first Qatar flight, but I will have it on subsequent flights (including the return leg of that first flight)?

And do we know which Qatar flights are "eligible" flights?
Did you maybe fly these flights by now and have any updates regarding the process?
bellerophontes is offline  
Old Oct 6, 22, 1:09 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Madrid
Programs: IB Platinum, TAP Gold, HH Diamond, Accor LL Gold
Posts: 67
Originally Posted by bellerophontes View Post
Did you maybe fly these flights by now and have any updates regarding the process?
Curious about this too! I'm flying QA in a month so we will see !
ItsWowStyle is offline  
Old Oct 6, 22, 2:37 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by bellerophontes View Post
Did you maybe fly these flights by now and have any updates regarding the process?
No, I only fly on Oct 27. But one of the reasons I'm so curious is that I'm flying into Qatar on one ticket, and have 8 hours in the airport (overnight) before I fly out on a separate ticket, and I would love to be able to use the Silver lounge during that 8-hour layover! And I'd love to know ahead of time whether I'll be able to do so.
rbbjhb is offline  
Old Oct 6, 22, 5:38 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Doha, Qatar
Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Posts: 946
Originally Posted by rbbjhb View Post
No, I only fly on Oct 27. But one of the reasons I'm so curious is that I'm flying into Qatar on one ticket, and have 8 hours in the airport (overnight) before I fly out on a separate ticket, and I would love to be able to use the Silver lounge during that 8-hour layover! And I'd love to know ahead of time whether I'll be able to do so.
Accor IT is not something that is great at the best of times. Factor in Accor IT will now have to communicate with Qatar Airways IT within an 8 hour window and I think it might be a reach!
SullyofDoha is offline  
Old Oct 6, 22, 9:04 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Posts: 1
This is very useful

This is great. I linked my Accor with Qantas a couple of months ago (got free gold accor from Qantas). Already had an overseas wedding planned with an Accor resort in Asia so added my new Accor membership. Earned Diamond from wedding cost now looks like in 10 months can switch Qantas for Qatar to be top tier... additional perks of getting married.
Trent Brandie is offline  
Old Oct 7, 22, 1:47 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Global Again
Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Posts: 728
Talking

Originally Posted by Trent Brandie View Post
This is great. I linked my Accor with Qantas a couple of months ago (got free gold accor from Qantas). Already had an overseas wedding planned with an Accor resort in Asia so added my new Accor membership. Earned Diamond from wedding cost now looks like in 10 months can switch Qantas for Qatar to be top tier... additional perks of getting married.
Some advice: don't tell the new marriage partner.
Engineering Travel is offline  
Old Oct 15, 22, 12:01 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 37
I just read the news here, after completing a 45night stay in Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore. I haven't link my account, and I guess I can't really retro claim those AVIOS as it happens before linking the accounts?

Also, I would be 1 stay away from being Accor Plat, will my QR status changes from Silver to Gold when my Accor Gold changes to Plat? Or shall I just wait to link the account after I reach Plat?
Chan Long Tin is offline  
Old Oct 15, 22, 1:09 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 37
Originally Posted by Chan Long Tin View Post
I just read the news here, after completing a 45night stay in Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore. I haven't link my account, and I guess I can't really retro claim those AVIOS as it happens before linking the accounts?

Also, I would be 1 stay away from being Accor Plat, will my QR status changes from Silver to Gold when my Accor Gold changes to Plat? Or shall I just wait to link the account after I reach Plat?
I just read the T&C and can answer my own question. But I have the other question, I noticed they have cap on the fast track account each year. How does each year counts? Like its year 1 = 2022, year 2 = 2023, or it starts every September?
Chan Long Tin is offline  
Old Oct 18, 22, 3:30 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: HEL
Programs: SPG-P ALL/HH/IHG-D NCH-P, BA/A3-G AF/QR/AY-P, Octopus
Posts: 5,609
Did anyone try in practice? If so:

- How fast is the status reflected after the first flight?
- Any issues getting into lounge with other status cards?
remymartin is offline  
Old Oct 18, 22, 5:14 pm
  #15  
ms1
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 25
Originally Posted by remymartin View Post
Did anyone try in practice? If so:

- How fast is the status reflected after the first flight?
- Any issues getting into lounge with other status cards?
My new platinum status was reflective upon boarding of my first QR flight.
remymartin likes this.
ms1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread