FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Accor + Qatar partnership (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/2095715-accor-qatar-partnership.html)

Benner Sep 27, 2022 9:54 am

Accor + Qatar partnership

Accor + Qatar have announced a new partnership. The benefits look quite good:

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/pres...a=MXxOfDB8WXww

Not sure if we will also be able to earn Flying Blue points in addition to Avios.

You can link your accounts but like everything IT related with these organizations it doesn't appear to work right now:

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...ccor-post.html

bellerophontes Sep 27, 2022 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Benner (Post 34634990)
Not sure if we will also be able to earn Flying Blue points in addition to Avios.

Not according to the terms:

3.6 You can only link your ALL Loyalty Programme account with one airline partner. If you have linked your ALL Loyalty Programme account with an airline partner other than Qatar Airways and now wish to link your ALL Loyalty Programme account to a Privilege Club Program account, then you will have to first unlink your ALL Loyalty Programme account from the other airline partner. You can unlink from the other airline partner via your ALL Loyalty Programme member dashboard if available or by contacting the customer care centre. Then, you can link you ALL Loyalty Programme account to your Privilege Club Programme account as described above in clause 3.

3.7 Except as set out in clause 3.8, switching from another airline partner to Qatar Airways will only be allowed if you linked your ALL Loyalty Programme account with the other airline partner more than 12 months ago. If your ALL Loyalty Programme account was linked to the other airline partner within the last 12 months, then you will have to wait until a full 12 months has passed before being able to link your ALL Loyalty Programme account to your Privilege Club Programme account.
Still great news to have an additional partner, especially with mutual status recognition for the first time.

canadavid Sep 27, 2022 8:56 pm

Indeed

Status Benefits for members of ALL - Accor Live Limitless:

Elite members of ALL who have flown on their first eligible Qatar Airways flight, after linking their account with Privilege Club, will benefit from complimentary tier upgrades with Privilege Club.

Gold members of ALL will be upgraded to Privilege Club Silver membership, granting them travel perks such as priority check-in, extra baggage allowance, lounge access, and more.

Platinum members of ALL will be upgraded to Privilege Club Gold membership, offering them priority check-in, extra baggage allowance, complimentary seat selection, lounge access, meet and greet service and much more.

Diamond members of ALL will be upgraded to Privilege Club Platinum membership, the highest tier in the programme, which will allow members to enjoy enhanced benefits of extra baggage allowance, complimentary seat selection, and lounge access, including access to Al Safwa First Lounge at Hamad International Airport when travelling in Business Class with Qatar Airways.

SullyofDoha Sep 27, 2022 9:49 pm

Was thinking about waiting until January to join so I can have it as a fallback for 2 years ;-)

rbbjhb Sep 30, 2022 9:43 am

Would this status match apply to Qatar flights booked (but not yet flown) before the account linking was done? I just lnked my accounts and have two already-booked flights on Qatar Airways coming up. I'm Gold on ALL but have no status with Qatar.

Also, it says "Elite members of ALL who have flown on their first eligible Qatar Airways flight, after linking their account with Privilege Club, will benefit from complimentary tier upgrades with Privilege Club."
So does this mean I won't have Qatar Privilege Silver status when I take my first Qatar flight, but I will have it on subsequent flights (including the return leg of that first flight)?

And do we know which Qatar flights are "eligible" flights?

bellerophontes Oct 5, 2022 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by rbbjhb (Post 34643812)
Would this status match apply to Qatar flights booked (but not yet flown) before the account linking was done? I just lnked my accounts and have two already-booked flights on Qatar Airways coming up. I'm Gold on ALL but have no status with Qatar.

Also, it says "Elite members of ALL who have flown on their first eligible Qatar Airways flight, after linking their account with Privilege Club, will benefit from complimentary tier upgrades with Privilege Club."
So does this mean I won't have Qatar Privilege Silver status when I take my first Qatar flight, but I will have it on subsequent flights (including the return leg of that first flight)?

And do we know which Qatar flights are "eligible" flights?

Did you maybe fly these flights by now and have any updates regarding the process?

ItsWowStyle Oct 6, 2022 12:09 am

Originally Posted by bellerophontes (Post 34657856)
Did you maybe fly these flights by now and have any updates regarding the process?

Curious about this too! I'm flying QA in a month so we will see :)!

rbbjhb Oct 6, 2022 1:37 am

Originally Posted by bellerophontes (Post 34657856)

No, I only fly on Oct 27. But one of the reasons I'm so curious is that I'm flying into Qatar on one ticket, and have 8 hours in the airport (overnight) before I fly out on a separate ticket, and I would love to be able to use the Silver lounge during that 8-hour layover! And I'd love to know ahead of time whether I'll be able to do so.

SullyofDoha Oct 6, 2022 4:38 am

Originally Posted by rbbjhb (Post 34658487)
No, I only fly on Oct 27. But one of the reasons I'm so curious is that I'm flying into Qatar on one ticket, and have 8 hours in the airport (overnight) before I fly out on a separate ticket, and I would love to be able to use the Silver lounge during that 8-hour layover! And I'd love to know ahead of time whether I'll be able to do so.

Accor IT is not something that is great at the best of times. Factor in Accor IT will now have to communicate with Qatar Airways IT within an 8 hour window and I think it might be a reach!

Trent Brandie Oct 6, 2022 8:04 am

This is very useful

This is great. I linked my Accor with Qantas a couple of months ago (got free gold accor from Qantas). Already had an overseas wedding planned with an Accor resort in Asia so added my new Accor membership. Earned Diamond from wedding cost now looks like in 10 months can switch Qantas for Qatar to be top tier... additional perks of getting married.

Engineering Travel Oct 7, 2022 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Trent Brandie (Post 34659125)
This is great. I linked my Accor with Qantas a couple of months ago (got free gold accor from Qantas). Already had an overseas wedding planned with an Accor resort in Asia so added my new Accor membership. Earned Diamond from wedding cost now looks like in 10 months can switch Qantas for Qatar to be top tier... additional perks of getting married.

Some advice: don't tell the new marriage partner.

longtin23 Oct 14, 2022 11:01 pm

I just read the news here, after completing a 45night stay in Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore. I haven't link my account, and I guess I can't really retro claim those AVIOS as it happens before linking the accounts?

Also, I would be 1 stay away from being Accor Plat, will my QR status changes from Silver to Gold when my Accor Gold changes to Plat? Or shall I just wait to link the account after I reach Plat?

longtin23 Oct 15, 2022 12:09 am

Originally Posted by Chan Long Tin (Post 34682402)
I just read the news here, after completing a 45night stay in Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore. I haven't link my account, and I guess I can't really retro claim those AVIOS as it happens before linking the accounts?

Also, I would be 1 stay away from being Accor Plat, will my QR status changes from Silver to Gold when my Accor Gold changes to Plat? Or shall I just wait to link the account after I reach Plat?

I just read the T&C and can answer my own question. But I have the other question, I noticed they have cap on the fast track account each year. How does each year counts? Like its year 1 = 2022, year 2 = 2023, or it starts every September?

remymartin Oct 18, 2022 2:30 am

Did anyone try in practice? If so:

- How fast is the status reflected after the first flight?
- Any issues getting into lounge with other status cards?

ms1 Oct 18, 2022 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by remymartin (Post 34689550)
Did anyone try in practice? If so:

- How fast is the status reflected after the first flight?
- Any issues getting into lounge with other status cards?

My new platinum status was reflective upon boarding of my first QR flight.