Accor + Qatar partnership

Old Nov 2, 2022, 2:25 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Ollie Hong
When did you take the flight? I'm accor platinum and was hoping to match to gold on a qr flight on Friday-_-
I'm also flying Friday. Let's see which lounge OWR will give
Old Nov 2, 2022, 3:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Ollie Hong
When did you take the flight? I'm accor platinum and was hoping to match to gold on a qr flight on Friday-_-
Monday this week. I normally credit all to BA but got tempted. now that they elevated me to silver they can go away - i will never credit there again!
Old Nov 2, 2022, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Monday this week. I normally credit all to BA but got tempted. now that they elevated me to silver they can go away - i will never credit there again!
When did you notice your newly minted, almost GGL level Silver status? ms1 previously wrote at boarding. If so, the ffp could still be changed at the gate, right?
Old Nov 2, 2022, 10:10 am

Wait - do you need to credit the points for the Qatar flight to your Qatar Privilege account in order to get the status match, as opposed to earning Avios on the flight?
Old Nov 2, 2022, 6:45 pm

Accor link for Family Member

Hello. Does anyone know how/if we can link the Accor account with Qatar Airways for pooled family members? To link, one must be able to log into both accounts, but only the main member is able to log in. However, the terms and conditions seem to mention that the linking is open to both Main and Family members. Queries to Qatar customer service hasn't been replied to yet, so I was hoping someone here might have an answer. Thanks.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rbbjhb
Wait - do you need to credit the points for the Qatar flight to your Qatar Privilege account in order to get the status match, as opposed to earning Avios on the flight?
Yes - it's one flight credited to qatar to get the 'match'
Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by remymartin
When did you notice your newly minted, almost GGL level Silver status? ms1 previously wrote at boarding. If so, the ffp could still be changed at the gate, right?
Haha it was on landing. I think as soon as the first flight is credited it matches automatically...
Old Nov 3, 2022, 1:12 am

Haha it was on landing. I think as soon as the first flight is credited it matches automatically...
Thank you, Ive suspected as much. My longer sector is obviously the first one, and to add some flavour it is in Y. Already looking forward to negotiations with lounge dragons in Doha 🥳
Jcmontecarlo likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 4:34 am

Yes - it's one flight credited to qatar to get the 'match'
Ahhhh.... ok... so if I've chosen a flight to credit to my Avios account, can I choose for the return sector of that flight to credit to my Privilege account? (Sorry... wrong forum for this question.... but at least the context relates to this thread)
Old Nov 3, 2022, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by rbbjhb
Ahhhh.... ok... so if I've chosen a flight to credit to my Avios account, can I choose for the return sector of that flight to credit to my Privilege account? (Sorry... wrong forum for this question.... but at least the context relates to this thread)
As QR adopted Avios, your previous post wasnt very clear. Yes, you can change ffp through manage my booking or online checkin - even between flights when youre connecting.
Ffwdorguk likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
As QR adopted Avios, your previous post wasnt very clear. Yes, you can change ffp through manage my booking or online checkin - even between flights when youre connecting.
You are correct, I wasn't clear - I'm very new to Qatar Privilege so I'm not really clear what they call thei frequent flyer points. But thanks for decoding my garbled message and for your answer.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by alldiamond
The customer service confirmed by email there's no quota
I just went to QA T&C and absolutely no quota whatsoever mentioned there. So we're good.

Did they manage to say if the quota resets on 1 Jan? Flying tomorrow but probably won't credit the flight as I'm meant to be flying QR on 3 Jan so hoping the quota resets!
Old Nov 4, 2022, 7:59 pm

It mustve been a freak accident in Hamad HQ, but for some reason I was awarded QRPC Platinum today.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 9:18 am

If I choose to credit the return portion of my Qatar Airways ticket to my Qatar Privilege account (having previously selected to credit the whole journey to my BA Executive Club account, and having flown the outgoing sector already), then once the Avios are credited to my Qatar Privilege account and my status match has been implemented, could I just transfer the Avios over to my BA Executive club account?
Old Nov 7, 2022, 12:49 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
I did one stay at Movenpick Jeddah last Nov. 3-4 and got matched to Accor Gold status yesterday. I wish they had matched QR Platinum to Accor Platinum as the benefits are really nice
remymartin likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.