Accor + Qatar partnership

Old Oct 19, 2022, 2:11 am

Programs: A3 *G, QR Plat, Accor ALL Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ms1
My new platinum status was reflective upon boarding of my first QR flight.
ms1 When did you fly your first QR flight? Somehow I only got upgraded to Privilege Club Gold, despite being ALL Diamond. Trying to understand why this happened.

The upgrade for me happened about 2 hours after my first flight landed, or 3 hours after boarding.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 7:29 pm
ms1

Originally Posted by bellerophontes
ms1 When did you fly your first QR flight? Somehow I only got upgraded to Privilege Club Gold, despite being ALL Diamond. Trying to understand why this happened.

The upgrade for me happened about 2 hours after my first flight landed, or 3 hours after boarding.
It was on 1st October so only a few days after the partnership was announced. Perhaps they met the quota for platinum?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 12:27 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by bellerophontes
Somehow I only got upgraded to Privilege Club Gold, despite being ALL Diamond
Have you contacted customer service? What did they say?

Originally Posted by ms1
Perhaps they met the quota for platinum?
I didn't notice any quota in T&C. That would be unacceptable, in my opinion.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 12:54 am

Programs: Accor ALL, KrisFlyer, Miles & More, ITA Volare, China Airlines Dynasty
Originally Posted by remymartin
I didn't notice any quota in T&C. That would be unacceptable, in my opinion.
I understand that there is a quota as per section 9.6 of the T&Cs:
9.6 A maximum number of fast track wil be granted to ALL members from the launch of Cross Reward as per the below table:
Year 1: Privilege Club SILVER: 3,300, Privilege Club GOLD: 1,600, Privilege Club PLATINUM: 175
The question remains if references a calendar year, and the quota resets on 1-Jan, or if it is a 12 month period from the start of the program (27-Sep?).
Old Oct 20, 2022, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by zapres
I understand that there is a quota as per section 9.6 of the T&Cs:

The question remains if references a calendar year, and the quota resets on 1-Jan, or if it is a 12 month period from the start of the program (27-Sep?).
Oh, that's terrible. This mini project seems to be dead in the water before it begins on my part.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 5:11 am

Programs: All : Diamond - Qatar Airways : Platinum - Oneworld : Emerald - Avis : President's Club
Extremely disappointed by the quota.
Edit: I just called Accor to clarify and ask if the quota had been reached already for Diamond customers and if so, if the quota was back to 0 on Jan 1st.

Will update when I get the reply.
remymartin likes this.

Last edited by alldiamond; Oct 24, 2022 at 5:28 am Reason: details added
Old Oct 24, 2022, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by alldiamond
Edit: I just called Accor to clarify and ask if the quota had been reached already for Diamond customers and if so, if the quota was back to 0 on Jan 1st.

When they get back to you, could you ask how the Qatar Silver quota is looking in terms of Accor Gold members being given that status? I fly on Thursday and would love to use the lounge when I get to Qatar since I have a 9-hour layover.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 3:12 pm

This is seriously a disaster. I will do absolutely nothing with Gold or Silver as I have higher oneworld status already. I feel stupid not reading the terms more carefully but seriously 175 available challenges should never have even been released to public.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: All : Diamond - Qatar Airways : Platinum - Oneworld : Emerald - Avis : President's Club

The customer service confirmed by email there's no quota
I just went to QA T&C and absolutely no quota whatsoever mentioned there. So we're good.
remymartin likes this.

Last edited by alldiamond; Oct 25, 2022 at 7:53 am
Old Oct 25, 2022, 9:25 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
The customer service confirmed by email there's no quota
I just went to QA T&C and absolutely no quota whatsoever mentioned there. So we're good.
That's strange, I absolutely remember reading the quota numbers for each level!
Old Oct 25, 2022, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
That's strange, I absolutely remember reading the quota numbers for each level!
I went back again and you're right!

qatarairways (.) com/en/Privilege-Club/terms-and-conditions/accor-account-linking (.) html
-- Remove the () --

Section 9.6 & 9.7

I can't believe Accor customer service isn't even aware of this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 4:57 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE

I can't believe Accor customer service isn't even aware of this.
Really? I can absolutely believe it. It's par for the course for CS at Accor to be less than helpful and unaware of how things work. I think most people on FlyerTalk have more training and knowledge of processes than those in Accor CS.
maisondubonheur likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 9:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I just got QR silver despite being ALL Diamond -- this is utterly useless. I will never credit anything to QR programme again, will stick to BA as i have previously done. THis is all bait and switch
remymartin and James Wyatt like this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I just got QR silver despite being ALL Diamond -- this is utterly useless. I will never credit anything to QR programme again, will stick to BA as i have previously done. THis is all bait and switch

When did you take the flight? I'm accor platinum and was hoping to match to gold on a qr flight on Friday-_-
Old Nov 1, 2022, 9:51 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I just got QR silver despite being ALL Diamond -- this is utterly useless. I will never credit anything to QR program again, will stick to BA as i have previously done. THis is all bait and switch
WOW! That is awful! I image that since you've been 'credited' with SILVER status, you would not be eligible for a similar promotion in the future.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.