Novotel Konya

Novotel Konya

1 Review | 0% Recommended

Novotel Konya

Seker Mah Cevreyolu Cad, No 38 Selcuklu Konya, Konya TR 42080

Novotel Konya (27 Photos)

Novotel Konya

Introduction

I had to book a hotel for the night before going to the one arranged for me , as i arrived one day earlier than planned and it was full already , so searching for an alternative i came across Accor and found out they have two hotels there , the classical combo = ibis + novotel

I went there cause i had no time to book something else and price wasnt high

Check In

Arrived straight from the airport

Only to be told to wait , as for some reasons issues appeared in hotel booking systems and my room wasnt ready yet

arriva-1.JPG

So 10 mins later i was able to pay and check-in .

arriva-2.JPG

While my mastercard card support multicurrency accounts , the hotel POS system refused to allow me to pay with TRY (turkish liras) and gave me DCC as only "choice" , and of course with rates worse than forex market or even ATM banks

arriva-8.jpg

Problem quickly solved with amex , no DCC , thanks , goodbye !!

In case of similar issues while in turkey , you can pay by cash , and i can recommend a bank called ziraat bankasi , which allow you to withdraw money without fees (at least from their side)

The hotel also offer spa and even a pool apparently , but i had no time and energy to try , same for restaurant and breakfast . Plus restaurants in Konya are super good and cheap so no need for that

arriva-3.JPG

At that time 1 euro was around 15 TRY , of course few days later it went up

arriva-7.JPG

The hotel is located at the edge of the city center near residential areas

lo-0.jpg

lo-1.JPG

Some useful shops and restaurant downstairs

lo-3.JPG

but dont get excited cause you cant go there by foot

lo-4.jpg

You would need to cross the highway for that , so thanks not my time

While isolation was ok , if you are super sensitive to noise ,ask for room in higher floors and on the opposite side from the highway

Room

Got exactly what i booked and i think there was no way to get upgraded as all rooms are the same anyway

room-0.jpg1_room-1.jpg

Room was enough for 2 persons to move freely , i cant see more than 2 staying there

room-2.jpg1_room-3.jpg

The room feature some furnitures which reminds me of novotel (but not 100% or maybe it was old ones , cause i havent been to another novotel for a while besides warsaw)

1_room-6.jpg

room-9-0.jpg

About desk and sofa , nothing special to say until i noticed a detail about both

room-8-1.jpgroom-8.jpg

The chair and sofa are from the same turkish company (Sandalyeci) that created those huge chairs you see in some airports

room-8-2.jpg

IMG_6034.jpg

TV was quite big as expected

room-10.jpg

The russian channels didnt dissapeared from the lists unlike in western europe

room-11.jpg

However a lot of regular channels are not available , so choice is in fact limited (even more if you dont wanna watch turkish channels)

room-12.jpg

The strange smell was explained by the fact that my room is for smokers

room-14.jpg

This feature is still available in turkey

Besides that few items broken or not working correctly , such as thermostat or a phone in bathroom room-17.jpgroom-18.jpg

Anyway , in my case i mostly needed a place to sleep cause i was super tired

Overall

Long story short , this hotel needs some refurbishment

If you have a stay in this city for more than a day , just ask for a better non smoking room upfront before check-in , cause there are weddings organised there , so you dont want to enjoy turkish pop until 2am

i cant say anything about breakfast or swimming pool cause i wasnt aware or too tired to wake up before 11am , but as i said plenty of good and cheap food options in konya

So my advice is to just book Ibis nearby , cause this hotel is definitely not 5 stars (stars means nothing in turkey , cause they got it by playing lottery) , and ibis is usually half cheaper

For the record here is the room that was waiting for me in another hotel , more or less same price (Bayir Diamond Hotel & Convention Center) than novotel but it was worth the visit

IMG_20220514_130022572.jpg

IMG_20220514_130026393_HDR.jpg

Novotel Konya

Would you like to write a review on the Novotel Konya?

No, thank you.
Yes
Goldorak and fransknorge like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.