Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum, Hertz Platinum
Rezydent Sopot MGallery

Rezydent Sopot MGallery

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Rezydent Sopot MGallery

Pl. Konstytucji 3 Maja 3 Sopot, PL 81-704

Rezydent Sopot MGallery (35 Photos)

Rezydent Sopot MGallery

We were planning a 2 night getaway to Sopot/Gdansk and I really wanted to try out the new MGallery. The hotel is located in a beautiful old building which has hosted hotels for many many years. According to the receptionist it was completely renovated and turned into an MGallery about a year ago.

1 Large.jpeg

2 Large.jpeg

The location is excellent right in the middle of Sopot next to the train station and a 5-10 minute walk from the beach. It complements the Sofitel down by the beach very well. 

Check In

We were warmly welcomed by the receptionist and status was acknowledged right away. She explained all of the hotel facilities and their opening hours. Late checkout was granted, drink vouchers were given and she apologised that there were no room upgrades available. Initially I doubted her, but upon settling into our room, I did as Goldorak would and checked online. Indeed, no higher category was available. 

3 Large.jpeg

4 Large.jpeg

5 Large.jpeg

Front desk / reception area.

Room

6 Large.jpeg

Beautiful corridors with ambiance music playing.

Classic King Room.

The room was clean, nicely decorated and with lots of daylight. Everything still felt brand new. The size was on the smaller side, but this is the lowest category room. The room features a minibar with a kettle for coffee and tea. In the closet there was a safe, a hairdryer, an iron and an ironing board. My only complain about the room was that the AC wasn’t very powerful and it can get quite warm in the summer. You can also hear the trains from the room, although with the windows closed it didn’t bother us that much. 

7 Large.jpeg

8 Large.jpeg9 Large.jpeg10 Large.jpeg11 Large.jpeg12 Large.jpeg

Welcome amenity with a letter. 

13 Large.jpeg14 Large.jpeg15 Large.jpeg16 Large.jpeg17 Large.jpeg18 Large.jpeg

Safe, iron and hairdryer

19 Large.jpeg

Ironingboard.

IMG_9843 Large.jpeg

Bathroom

The bathroom was the first disappointment of the stay. Apparently they haven’t renovated all of them, the not renovated bathrooms have only been slight enhanced. I did know about this beforehand and I have to say that it wasn’t as bad as I had feared. The bathroom was very clean and everything was working perfectly. Our only major complaint was that the shower was very small.

20 Large.jpeg21 Large.jpeg22 Large.jpeg

L´Occtaine hand soap, body lotion, shampoo, conditioner and shower gel.

23 Large.jpeg

Bathrobe and slippers

2_24 Large.jpeg

Image from the web of a refurbished bathroom

Dining

The hotel has a restaurant and bar called Grino, this is also where breakfast is served. Unfortunately we didn’t try the restaurant nor the breakfast as we had plans elsewhere. We did try the bar and used our welcome drink vouchers which could be used for soft drinks, beers, wine and cocktails. Very good. 

25 Large.jpeg26 Large.jpeg27 Large.jpeg28 Large.jpeg29 Large.jpeg

Our welcome drinks, a Missionary Downfall and a Black Pearl. The black pearl was good despite looking like a kids toy. 

30 Large.jpeg

Cocktail menu.

Spa

The hotel features the Prana Spa which offers various styles of massages. We booked the ´´Touch of Orient`` for the both of us and it was very good. There is also a sauna in the spa which is free for guests.

31 Large.jpeg32 Large.jpeg

Service

On the day we checked in we had had a very early dinner, so we enquired about the room-service hours just incase. The receptionist informed us that room-service was available 24/7. About 10 minutes later the receptionist told us that there had been a malfunction at the kitchen and that only the soups were available at the moment. Not a big deal as we only wanted something small. The receptionist then offered us a free cheese board and 2 new welcome drink vouchers for the troubles. We accepted and the cheese board was delicious. 

33 Large.jpeg

Overall

34 Large.jpeg

Our first night at the hotel was great. Service had been excellent and the hotel was beautiful. It was during our second night, when returning from dinner at 22:30 that things shifted. There was a wedding being held at the  entire restaurant/bar area. Once in our room the music started. The music was loud, very loud! I immediately called the front desk to ask how long the music would be on. The receptionist informed me it would be going on until 3 in the morning! I asked if he could find us a room on a higher floor as our room was on the first floor right above the restaurant. Some 5 minutes later the receptionist showed up at our door very apologetic with new room keys for a room on the second floor. This was the only and best option available according to him. From the second floor you could still hear the music but is was much quieter. All in all it would have been an excellent stay hadn’t it been for the wedding the second night. 

As a side note, if you are planning a trip to Sopot/Gdansk and you are flying in to GDN I can highly recommend the VIP service at the airport. At only 300 PLN it is a steal! 

Rezydent Sopot MGallery

Would you like to write a review on the Rezydent Sopot MGallery?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Aug 11, 2022, 6:50 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
I have enjoyed your review immensely, thank you! Last year I was in Sofitel, next time this is where I'll be staying!
Arpoador likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:16 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by EcotoneHR
I have enjoyed your review immensely, thank you! Last year I was in Sofitel, next time this is where I'll be staying!
Thank you, EcotoneHR. I am glad you enjoyed it. Do try it out!
Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thanks Gulbra for this great review and congrats for your 1st review . Very nice to read, so do not hesitate to post further reviews .
Seems to be a very nice hotel. I love the style. I have never been to Sopot and I would love to discover that area.
Arpoador and starflyergold like this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 1:15 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Thanks Gulbra for this great review and congrats for your 1st review . Very nice to read, so do not hesitate to post further reviews .
Seems to be a very nice hotel. I love the style. I have never been to Sopot and I would love to discover that area.
Thank you, Goldorak. I will try to review my more interesting stays. I have some coming up! Sopot is a lovely area, specially during summertime. And i hear Gdansk is beautiful during Christmas time as-well. We enjoyed it a lot, well worth the visit.
Goldorak and hotel_user like this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 12:27 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Excellent review Gulbra It appears to be a nice place to stay.
Arpoador and hotel_user like this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 1:02 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I am not very impressed by the hotel, it looks small, the room under whelming. I would be interested to know about the breakfast buffet.

On another note, I alerted a moderator but can put the same here: the images are way too big. The page is 120 MB.
You are not the only one to do this, but please correct : images should be at a reasonable size, 800*600 pixels is more than enough for hotel reviews. Anything bigger is overkill.
Remember some of us might browse on the go. Opening this review eats my entire Wifi allowance on the train I was.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 3:49 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by fransknorge
I am not very impressed by the hotel, it looks small, the room under whelming. I would be interested to know about the breakfast buffet.

On another note, I alerted a moderator but can put the same here: the images are way too big. The page is 120 MB.
You are not the only one to do this, but please correct : images should be at a reasonable size, 800*600 pixels is more than enough for hotel reviews. Anything bigger is overkill.
Remember some of us might browse on the go. Opening this review eats my entire Wifi allowance on the train I was.
My apologies for the image sizes, as i mentioned i am new to this and that didn’t cross my mind. I will find time to correct it.

As for the hotel size, it is up to preference. I sometimes prefer smaller sized MGallery’s. If you are looking for something bigger, the Sofitel 1,4 km away is a great alternative.

Edit: Image sizes have been changed.
remymartin likes this.

Last edited by Arpoador; Aug 16, 2022 at 5:13 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.