Original Poster

Novotel Bishkek City Centre

1 Review | 100% Recommended

, KG

Novotel Bishkek City Centre (5 Photos)

I stayed at this hotel 3 times during my trip to Kyrgyzstan. All stays were excellent so I'll base the review on my first visit. 

Check In

I arrived at around 10:30 and my room key was already ready. I was given a room on a high floor as requested. I was also given a welcome drink card. The check in staff were very polite, friendly and spoke excellent English.

Room

14ECAE9C-4A7F-4181-9F8E-B3877356AF4A.jpeg3F94818B-0E36-4431-982A-F03B2DE0EBCD.jpeg0CC5814A-E28F-47EE-B85E-A43F13718609.jpeg85AB02B6-E3C0-41C1-AACD-6AA3701CB4C7.jpeg

The hotel is new so the rooms were modern and in excellent condition. I would say for a standard room they were on the larger size (for example they seemed to be slightly larger than some other Novotel that I've stayed in. 

Shortly after arriving in my room someone from the restaurant brought in the Platinum Member welcome gift. I didn't have the wine but the fruit was good. 

Wifi was free and of a decent speed (I'd also purchased a 2 week unlimited data Sim for my phone for 500 Som at the airport). 

I thought the choice of TV channels was a bit limited - it seemed to be a variety of news channels and some local channels.

Service

Excellent! I found all staff polite and friendly and keen to help. They built a rapport with the guests rather than just doing their job like a robot which I liked. I found the level of English was excellent. 

Dining

I didn't have breakfast included - from what I remember it was 1500 Som. I never felt hungry enough to pay for the breakfast. There is however a ANT coffee on the ground floor where an omelette was around 140 Som and a coffee 150 Som - so if you're not hungry enough for the hotel breakfast that is another option.

On the last day of my last stay I ate in the hotel restaurant outside which did Lebanese food. The quality and price was good - 550 Som for beef shashlik with fries and a small salad.77F5CDDF-B641-40B6-A981-67A73F0C6861.jpeg

The hotel is located on Manas Avenue - a large tree lined road.

Within 5 minutes walk of the hotel there are a number of Kyrgyz fast food outlets, a Frunze Supermarket and some money changers. Bishkek Park Shopping Centre is around a 7 minute walk and has a money changer and various shops and restaurants.

The tourist sites in Bishkek are mostly located either side of Chuy Avenue from the Victory Monument in the East to Osh Bazaar in the West. The Victory Monument is around a 45 minute walk from the hotel and Osh Bazaar around a 25 minute walk. 

I would say the hotel location is good but not great (I would probably rate the Sheraton as the hotel with the best location in Bishkek). That said if you take taxis the location isn't really a problem.

Overall

An excellent hotel. I would certainly stay here again. The rooms were modern and clean and the staff were excellent.

Would you like to write a review on the Novotel Bishkek City Centre?

No, thank you.
Yes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.