Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Mercure rated 2nd worst hotel chain in the UK by consumer organisation Which?

Old Feb 11, 2022, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

See article about this here

While there are some decent Mercures in the UK, this reflects what everyone here knows about Mercure, which is that is a non-brand brand, i.e. that it is entirely pot luck whether you get a nice-ish hotel or a dump.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 3:09 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Oh Mercure ..... you are a little minx .... or the unreliable boyfriend / girlfriend ...

That said, totally agree, some are very good, and others no better than a Britannia Hotel.

Have stayed in many over the years ( top tip : Avoid the old Jupiter ones )
Old Feb 12, 2022, 12:35 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Interesting, my experience has been a new build = good value, while older rebrands tend to be closer to Ibis in experience.
hotel_user and aapee like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 12:56 pm

Tried Jupiter Mercure when I was Platinum back in 2019
Leicaster, old, outdated and failed to regcognised my status even I presented my Plat card to them when checked in.
Inverness, a bit newer, failed to regcognised my status but when presented my Plat card, they give out welcome drink voucher.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: All Gold, Best Western Rewards, IHG Club
Last week Mercure St Helens, old, noisy, no upgrade, no welcome gift, only welcome drink provided without any question.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by hotel_user

Have stayed in many over the years ( top tip : Avoid the old Jupiter ones )
The Jupiter ones were all farmed out to Interstate just around the start of the pandemic. They have spent a bit of money on the Edinburgh & Inverness ones but they still aren't great.

There is no doubt the 30 or so properties within that grouping will have been the main cause of them being 2nd worst.
hotel_user likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.