Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Accor ALL Elite experiences" 2022 master thread

The "Please post your Accor ALL Elite experiences" 2022 master thread

Wikipost is Locked   Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 2, 22, 4:17 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: starflyergold
Wiki Link
This thread is for reports on stays at Accor group hotels by Accor ALL members with elite status.

Before posting, please search the forum to see if the hotel already has its own thread. If it hasn't, especially if the hotel and/or location is interesting, please consider starting one. If you are planning to use the FT Hotel Review format, please be sure to post your review in a hotel-specific thread.

Please copy and paste the headings below to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your ALL status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 7, 22, 11:21 am

Programs: FB Platinum, ALL Platinum
- Name of the hotel: Novotel - Rio de Janeiro Barra da Tijuca

- What is your ALL status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Mixed feeling

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked superior with see view, got the same which is not 100% see view but litteraly facing the hotel in the lateral street, with partial see view.

- How are the rooms? In the standard, see picture below.

Good:
Good money for value. Restaurant -and breakfast- are good, with exception made to the coffee.

Bad:
Irregular staff. No recognition of ALL status, issue with the IT system whereas I did online check-in, the room was not available before 02pm, only 1 person at reception the morning of check-out with around 8 customers waiting in line, impossible to get an invoice printed.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? No lounge.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Zero, nothing, na-da.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? good price (from 60 to 75Eur). May return only for professional reasons and as last choice, otherwise Rio is a better place to stay.

Superior appartment / queen bed and see view

that would need a little renovation
starflyergold and jonapet89 like this.
Old Sep 11, 22, 9:00 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: OW Sapphire (BA), *A Gold (A3), Le Club Accor Gold, HHonor Diamond
- Name of the hotel: Mercure Strasbourg Petite France

- What is your ALL status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Pleasantly surprised

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard room and received a privilege room. Differences are:
- larger room (and I had a corner room so even larger, with a sofa)
- Nespresso
- Free minibar with soft drinks
- Bathrobe and slippers
- Bluetooth speaker
- Better decoration

- How are the rooms? The superior was quite nice, I suspect the standard room are much less attractive, based on the pictures on the hotel website. Mine was decorated with pop culture from the 80's and included French and Belgian classical comic books and a working arcade machine with 130 classic games. See pictures at the end of the post

Good:
Good money for value due to the upgrade, the room are modern and nice, good sound isolation despite being on a busy street, location is good and the breakfast quite nice, with a lot of cakes and a good quality of produces, freshly squeezed orange juice.

Bad:
Bathroom is less modern than the room, specifically I had a bathtub and not a shower cubicle.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? I was not welcome as Gold but they actually provided all benefits proactively: upgrade, drink voucher, welcome gift (some sweets).

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes

Old Sep 23, 22, 12:23 am

Programs: Accor Plus Platinum, Hilton Diamond
- Name of the hotel: Mercure Madrid Plaza de Espana

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard room and received a privilege room.

- How are the rooms? its okay

Good:
great staffs, all very friendly and genuine hospitality.
Bad:
average breakfast

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? welcome drinks good for anything in the menu.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes
Goldorak likes this.
Old Sep 23, 22, 12:25 am

- Name of the hotel: Ibis styles Barcelona centre

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard room no window, upgrade to a room with window lol

- How are the rooms? very very small

Good:
Bad:
room very small

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? welcome drinks good for anything in the menu.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? maybe not.
Old Sep 23, 22, 12:28 am

- Name of the hotel: Pullman Paris Montparnasse

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard, got 1 cat upgrade.

- How are the rooms? spacious, clean, modern

Good:
great staffs, all very friendly and genuine hospitality. great location, delicious breakfast.
Bad:
nothing

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? paid 200 euro per night. definitely worth it with breakfast included.
Old Sep 23, 22, 12:32 am

- Name of the hotel: Ibis styles luzern

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard room no window, upgraded to top floor room with balcony and very spacious.

- How are the rooms? a bit wear and tear. but very spacious.

Good:
hotel guests will receive free local public transportation voucher for the duration of your stay
good location

Bad:
average breakfast and everyday same menu.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? welcome drinks good for anything in the lobby fridge. we can choose 2 drinks or 1 bottle of wine.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? with the generous upgrade definitely worth it!
Old Sep 23, 22, 12:36 am

- Name of the hotel: Pullman Thamrin Jakarta

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard room with stay plus. got upgraded to grand deluxe

- How are the rooms? very spacious, modern, and great ambiance

Good:

Bad:
only allowed breakfast in lounge.
given welcome drink voucher that only valid for 1 person and can only choose coffee or tea or juice

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? yes lounge.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? welcome drink only for 1 guest. room booked for 2 guests.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? maybe
Old Sep 24, 22, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
- Name of the hotel: : Novotel Montreal Centre

- What is your ALL status? Diamond

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? mixed feelings. Nothing really bad, but very disappointing status recognition

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ?

I booked Superior/King size bed + Sofa and got that (no upgrade, hotel was fully booked)

- How are the rooms? : typical Novotel room.

Good:
  • very central location
  • room was in very good condition, everything was spotless
  • no street noise despite being only at 3rd floor
  • comfortable bed
Bad:

Nothing was really bad, but being Diamond, I was expecting clearly more in term of status recognition. I can understand the no upgrade in a fully booked situation, but some hotels manage to do it anyway. When they can’t, they at least put extra amenities in your room like bathrobe, slippers, Espresso machine, etc. Here, nothing, nada, zilch. Not even a bottle of water ! There was a fully stocked minibar but all was for sale and it was locked (key needed but they didn’t give me the key !).

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? : no lounge

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks :

ALL benefits were limited to drink voucher and a meager welcome gift : a bag of popcorn (I posted the picture in the thread for welcome gifts).

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?: not sure, and It was super expensive (300 CAD/ night…)
Old Sep 24, 22, 11:50 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan E35K, Marriott Gold, Enterprise Gold, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
Nothing was really bad, but being Diamond, I was expecting clearly more in term of status recognition. I can understand the no upgrade in a fully booked situation, but some hotels manage to do it anyway. When they can’t, they at least put extra amenities in your room like bathrobe, slippers, Espresso machine, etc. Here, nothing, nada, zilch. Not even a bottle of water ! There was a fully stocked minibar but all was for sale and it was locked (key needed but they didn’t give me the key !).
What? Is bathrobe, slippers and a Nespresso machine not something that's standard for all guests, Diamond or even non-members? I don't have any experience with Novotels, but that seems a bit stingy to not have them in all rooms. I get that it's not a luxury brand, but it's not exactly an ibis either.
Old Sep 24, 22, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by CanadaDH View Post
What? Is bathrobe, slippers and a Nespresso machine not something that's standard for all guests, Diamond or even non-members? I don't have any experience with Novotels, but that seems a bit stingy to not have them in all rooms. I get that it's not a luxury brand, but it's not exactly an ibis either.
Espresso machines are not standard in all room categories at all, even in more luxurious brands (ex : Sofitel), especially in North America. And the same is true for non-Accor hotels; I don't think I ever had an espresso machine in all Hilton, Mariott, Hyatt, etc in N.A.
Bathrobes and slippers in Accorhotels are provided in all rooms, only in luxury brands. Novotel/Mercure provide them in higher room categories or what they call "privilge rooms".
Old Sep 25, 22, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Name of the hotel: : Ibis Style Barcelona City Bogatell

- What is your ALL status? Diamond

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes. I was not expecting anything than a drink voucher in an Ibis Style and was pleasantly surprised of the treatment

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive ?

Booked Standard room/Queen bed and got upgraded to Superior with terrace.

- How are the rooms?

Decent size, comfy bed; no noise at all (rooms with terrace are at end of corridors). Avoid rooms facing the elevators as I am sure those are noisy.
Appreciated the terrace.

Good:
  • modern/fresh look (the hotel looked recent as it was in very good condition)
  • metro station (Bogatell) 50m from hotel
  • A restaurant serving simple but really good tapas. I know you have tons of foos options in BCN, but when you arrive late, its convenient.
  • decent buffet for breakfast
  • pleasant room with the terrace.
  • There is also an outdoor part on the ground floor where you can have breakfast, or drink/meal.
  • small playground for kids in lobby.

Bad:
  • a semi rude waiter at the restaurant (all other staff members were nice)
  • Now usual system-wide problem of being charged of your stay at check-in without being able to charge your room of any incidental. Need to pay extra on the instant and its not on your bill and you dont earn points. Grrrr.
  • a bit far from historical center, but the metro station compensate this as it takes 15 min max to reach the cathedral area.
  • view from room (the area is under a lot of transformation/improvements. After the demolition, we can guess there will be construction, so it will get noisy.
  • very busy at breakfast ==> zoo mode sometimes
  • small bathrooms

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks :

Welcome amenity consisted in apples and a candy box.

Pool is normally open from 10am to 10pm. As Diamond, I had a special access key allowing pool access 1hr before and 1hr after regular times (so from 9am to 11pm).

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes, but I am of course waiting for the Sofitel (ex-Pullman) reopening. But waiting to see the rates that will surely reach unprecedented amounts

Old Sep 25, 22, 12:30 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Wow! It's so nice to see an Ibis hotel that cares about loyalty and provides member benefits! That's a very nice (and unexpected) treatment! I especially like the part about the pool access, what a good idea!
Old Sep 25, 22, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA GS, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson Platinum, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Ala Moana Hotel by Mantra, HI USA

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Not really

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a room in the Kona tower, which I got.

- How are the rooms? Small but functional. Bad view of neighbouring buildings

Good:
Location (if you do bus travels)

Bad:
- Disgusting views of buildings
- No late check out (no response to emails a few days ago, big "NO" on the departure day")
- No upgrade
- Drink voucher only for one drink at the Starbucks
- Tenants are independent, you cannot bill to your room
- No dedicated line for ALL status members, you often queue up for 20-30 min

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink voucher for 1 at the Starbucks

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Probably I would return due to the location, however, you will not expect anything as an ALL member, they do not care (though they promote themselves as an "ALL member" everywhere).
Goldorak likes this.
Old Sep 27, 22, 8:18 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE SE100K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Fairmont Chateau Laurier

- Name of the hotel:
Fairmont Chateau Laurier

- What is your ALL status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Fairmont Gold Room. Upgraded to a larger gold room for Cdn$80 a night to accommodate a cot for my daughter who happened to be in Ottawa and stayed with us. Original room was not big enough for a cot so I asked for an upgrade. Upon asking I was told Accor Platinum upgrades don't apply to Gold Floor (but last time I stayed there they upgraded me from a non gold floor suite to the Laurier Suite on the Gold Floor)

- How are the rooms?
Room was very spacious and everything in great shape. Nice view of the Byward Market. Still lots of room even after adding cot. Only negative was the bathroom which was very small. No shelf space and just a shower, no tub.

Good:
Great service from the staff on the Gold Floor. Had free dinner in the lounge one night during happy hour and the lounge staff proactively told us the chef was putting out a big spread that night so if we might want to make it dinner. Hotel is beautiful and in good shape for such an old relic.

Bad:
No on site parking since they tore down the condemned parking garage. Options were valet at $60!! a night or find your own. We did not have a car, but my daughter did and she parked in the nearby Byward Market Garage that varied from $6 to $20 depending on week day or weekend,

Gold Floor rooms come with lounge access. Very nice lounge, good breakfast of bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, cold cuts, fruit, pastries etc. and Nespresso espresso coffee. Afternoon tea, hors d'oeurves from 5 to 7. Honor bar well stocked.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Welcome drinks voucher given proactively. Good for any specialty cocktail at Zoe's or in the lounge. Large fruit basket in room with welcome note.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Yes. I have stayed there many times. Stayed using an Ovation reward certificate.

Search this Thread