Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ibis Valencia Alfafar - Its 1 * for a reason !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2021, 6:21 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE

ibis Valencia Alfafar

1 Review | 0% Recommended

ibis Valencia Alfafar

Calle Alcalde Jose Puertes, 31 Alfafar, ES 46910

ibis Valencia Alfafar - Its 1 * for a reason ! (16 Photos)

ibis Valencia Alfafar

This was an overnight stop on our trip. You do get what you pay for.

We have stayed previously at the other Ibis hotel in Valencia, and this one although a little out of the town centre seemed from the description and website photographs to be a better proposition.  Just to be clear though, this is not a hotel to stay in for easy access to/from the airport as it is about 20 mins drive in non peak traffic. There is also not a bus route easily into the centre of Valencia as there is in the other Ibis.

As we were driving, and not looking to visit the city, and the website photos showed a lovely green and quiet area, a snap decision was made. Do not make our mistake.

The hotel is situated next door to a "adult entertainments" shop, and a busy roundabout and motorway flyover, on a large retail and manufacturing estate. We arrived mid afternoon, and the hotel was empty, but later on the hotel was full of "road warrior" types and the carpark was full.

Checking in was easy, and were given two drinks vouchers, although only valid for a local beer or some soft drinks. The reception and restaurant area of the hotel looking like it had been refurbish recently, and emitted a good vibe. This did not last when we left the reception area and located our room. 

As typical for us ( I think it must be in our profile on the Accor site ) the room of choice was situated with a view of a flyover and the back of the bar and bins. This became noisy during the evening due to the hotels situation and clients.

The room was not clean, and the bathroom "pod" had not been sanitised and there were no towels ( the loo had remnants of the previous guests ). Reception sent housekeeping back and this was rectified and a smile was offered as a way of service recovery. We also gained a few mosquitoes from the open window. The room featured some "interesting" artwork.

Breakfast the next day was a cut down standard ibis, and not worth the 8€ a head we had pre paid. However, when the bar had settled down the sleep quality and bed were acceptable.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpega.jpgb.jpgc.jpgd.jpg
Do try to avoid this hotel if visiting Valencia. The "Airport" Ibis (not close but better situated) is a much better proposition.  It however, is cheap.

Would you like to write a review on the ibis Valencia Alfafar?

No, thank you.
Yes
EcotoneHR and starflyergold like this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 10:41 pm

Good to see a hotel that lives down to its star rating!
hotel_user likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 6:12 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
i dont recognize any details which make me think its an ibis hotel (besides logo on top of building)

i wonder how they managed to get onboarded as ibis and remained like this without consequences from accor
hotel_user likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 11:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Thanks for the heads-up - this is clearly one to avoid!

I've stayed in worse-looking Ibis' to be honest ... the rooms at the Ibis Bruges Centrum were memorably awful.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 12:27 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

The Novotel Bruges was "ok" a good few years back.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by hotel_user
The Novotel Bruges was "ok" a good few years back.
Well - you completely trashed it then.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 4:06 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fifty_two
i dont recognize any details which make me think its an ibis hotel (besides logo on top of building)

i wonder how they managed to get onboarded as ibis and remained like this without consequences from accor
Looks like an Ibis budget to me!
Old Dec 23, 2021, 5:49 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

That looks like an up market Budget .....

TBH the range of Accor out of BCN or MAD are only Budget or Styles or Ibis, and non seem to quite hit the mark. Spain does not have a good coverage also. Most of the new build Accor franchise hotels seem soulless and formulaic construction to a limited budget. But that, maybe, is the demographic and intended market. Some of the Ibis around BCN have recently reflagged as well.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by fifty_two

I stayed here a couple of years ago and it struck me as a typical out-of-town Ibis, the room and bathroom 'pod' certainly were. It is in a good location for the Autopista, which was the main point for me. Cost around €35, which was about right.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 5:00 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by hotel_user
That looks like an up market Budget .....

TBH the range of Accor out of BCN or MAD are only Budget or Styles or Ibis, and non seem to quite hit the mark. Spain does not have a good coverage also. Most of the new build Accor franchise hotels seem soulless and formulaic construction to a limited budget. But that, maybe, is the demographic and intended market. Some of the Ibis around BCN have recently reflagged as well.
There is a Mercure in Vila-Seca, which is just south of Tarragona. I have stayed a couple of times and it is a good location (for me) between Barcelona and Valencia. 10 mins drive to the beach. The hotel has a shuttle bus and free bicycle hire. I expect that in the holiday season it will be full of families for the nearby theme park.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 2:02 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Castleford Tiger
There is a Mercure in Vila-Seca, which is just south of Tarragona. I have stayed a couple of times and it is a good location (for me) between Barcelona and Valencia. 10 mins drive to the beach. The hotel has a shuttle bus and free bicycle hire. I expect that in the holiday season it will be full of families for the nearby theme park.
Yes, forgot about this one. It is close to Reus airport.
Have stayed here twice, and they did not give status recognition either time. Beds typical Spanish ( ie hard ), and an overpriced breakfast. They now charge for access to pool and un attended spa area. Location is good, hotel is forgettable. YMMV
Old Dec 29, 2021, 2:09 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Castleford Tiger
I stayed here a couple of years ago and it struck me as a typical out-of-town Ibis, the room and bathroom 'pod' certainly were. It is in a good location for the Autopista, which was the main point for me. Cost around €35, which was about right.
Agree. The motorway access was one of the booking reasons. 35€ is acceptable. You manage your expectations on the price ( and in our case hotel provided website photos )
We paid considerably more, and as a result were disappointed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.