Wiki Posts
Search

New ALL/QFF Asia Pacific Double Dipper

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2021, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

New ALL/QFF Asia Pacific Double Dipper

Email today:

The first of its kind between a hospitality group and an airline in the Pacific region, members will now earn with both programmes!

In addition to your usual Status and Reward points with ALL, members will also earn 3 Qantas Points per AU$1 spent on each eligible stay at Accor hotels, resorts and apartments in Asia Pacific.#

To start earning today, simply link your Accor Plus and Qantas Frequent Flyer accounts.

ALL - Accor Live Limitless Gold members and Accor Plus ALL Gold members will earn 1 ALL - Accor live Limitless Reward point for every A$10 spent on eligible Qantas flights.
ALL - Accor Live Limitless Accor Plus ALL Platinum members, ALL Platinum members and above will earn 2 ALL - Accor live Limitless Reward points for every A$10 spent on eligible Qantas flights.
Qantas Frequent Flyer Platinum members and above will earn 2 ALL - Accor live Limitless Reward points for every A$10 spent on eligible Qantas flights. Points will be calculated based on eligible spend. Eligible Spend is the price paid for the seat including fare and carrier charges, but excluding government imposed taxes or optional fees such as seats, bags, upgrades.
ALL Reward points will be earnt in addition to Qantas Points and Status Credits. Members add their Qantas Frequent Flyer details to their booking before flying in order to earn the ALL Reward points. Eligible Flights are any Qantas operated flight with a QF flight number on your ticket where Qantas Points are normally earned.
Qantas Points and ALL Reward points will not be earned on some fare types and booking classes. For full details, see terms and conditions and Airline Earning Table. Reward Points and Qantas Points will be credited to the member’s account within 6 weeks of completion of the corresponding flight. Qantas Points and ALL Reward points will not be earnt on cancelled flights.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

But of course:

"We’re sorry an error occurred while linking your accounts. We’re confident that this has been resolved and we invite you to try again."

Your confidence ALL was once again overly optimistic

hotel_user likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 10:39 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
My link worked smoothly first time.
BSBtraveller likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eltham
My link worked smoothly first time.
Can I ask if your ALL account is linked with Flying Blue?
I keep getting the above error but I have been able to link a family member's QFF account and she has no FB account linked to her ALL account unlike me. I'm trying to work out why I might be getting an error.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:48 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I keep getting the above error but I have been able to link a family member's QFF account and she has no FB account linked to her ALL account unlike me. I'm trying to work out why I might be getting an error.
You definitely can't be linked to both. https://all.accor.com/loyalty-progra...tions.en.shtml

3.6 You can only link your ALL Loyalty Programme account with one airline partner. If you have linked your ALL Loyalty Programme account with an airline partner other than Qantas and now wish to link your ALL Loyalty Programme account to a QFF Program account, then you will have to first unlink your ALL Loyalty Programme account from the other airline partner. You can unlink from the other airline partner via your ALL Loyalty Programme member dashboard if available or by contacting the customer care centre. Then, you can link you ALL Loyalty Programme account to your QFF Program account as described above in clause 3.
3544quebec likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
No, I’m not a FB member.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Thanks - I have searched high and low through my account on the website but cannot find an unlink function. Will have to talk to a human methinks
Old Nov 19, 2021, 2:49 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thanks - I have searched high and low through my account on the website but cannot find an unlink function. Will have to talk to a human methinks
You can only unlink after 12 months ‘3.7 Except as set out in clause 3.8, switching from another airline partner to Qantas will only be allowed if you linked your ALL Loyalty Programme account with the other airline partner more than 12 months ago. If your ALL Loyalty Programme account was linked to the other airline partner within the last 12 months, then you will have to wait until a full 12 months has passed before being able to link your ALL Loyalty Programme account to your QFF Program account.’
Old Nov 19, 2021, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by markis10
You can only unlink after 12 months
Thanks - well and truly past the 12 months linkage to Flying Blue.
Will have to do my sums
FB 1 mile per EUR of hotel spend worldwide (lower earning at Ibis and lower)
QFF 3 pts per AUD of hotel spend in Asia/Pacific only
For the last almost 2 years all my stays have been Asia/Pacific and in a very small part of that region as well. Hmmm, wonder why that was.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 1:51 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
I just had my Accor Rewards Points balance automatically coverted to Qantas points. I linked my accounts together, but I can't find any mention of mandatory automatic points conversion in the terms and conditions. The Accor customer service rep I just spoke to on the phone said it is a part of the terms and conditions of linking the accounts. Am I missing something here, or have my points just been stolen from me?
Old Dec 3, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
I just had my Accor Rewards Points balance automatically coverted to Qantas points. I linked my accounts together, but I can't find any mention of mandatory automatic points conversion in the terms and conditions. The Accor customer service rep I just spoke to on the phone said it is a part of the terms and conditions of linking the accounts. Am I missing something here, or have my points just been stolen from me?
There is a separate way of linking accounts to auto-convert Accor to Qantas (although this feature will be removed on 8 Dec).

[Not so much stolen as converted to Qantas. Were you converting points to another airline?]
Old Dec 3, 2021, 2:56 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by perthite
There is a separate way of linking accounts to auto-convert Accor to Qantas (although this feature will be removed on 8 Dec).

[Not so much stolen as converted to Qantas. Were you converting points to another airline?]
Hello.

When I spoke to the customer service representative on the phone, she said that it was a "part of the terms and conditions" of linking the Qantas and Accor accounts that it automatically triggers an automatic Flying Partner points transfer. I asked her to email me a copy of the terms and conditions proving this, which she agreed to do.

However, in the email I received, she did not provide any such proof of terms and conditions to back up her statement. I think that she looked through the terms and conditions and realised her mistake and decided to say I had "activated an automatic Flying Partner points transfer" in my account. Which is also a false statement, because I never activated anything of the sort. I can't even figure out how to disable the automatic points transfer that was supposedly activated!
  • I have never set up automatic conversion on my account. My Rewards Points have been sitting there for ages waiting for me to convert to 40EUR credit at hotels. I have been doing ClubOpinions surveys to extend their validity. I know that converting the points to airline miles represents poor value for money, so I do not do it.
  • I linked my Qantas and Accor accounts on 17 November. I did not choose to enable an automatic transfer
  • I received an email on 19 November confirming I had linked my accounts. That email provided a terms and conditions document (viewable HERE)
  • Paragraph 10 of the the fineprint on the Accor website page for this partnership (viewable HERE) states [emphasis added]:
10. Members can convert ALL Reward points to Qantas Points in increments of 2,000 Reward Points which convert to 2,000 Qantas Points. See terms and conditions for further details.
I realise that the points haven't been 'stolen' from me - they will go to my Qantas account for usage. It will actually get me over the threshold to requalify for Points Club for the year, assuming they come through by end of December. But, that's not the point. The point is that I received an email confirming that my Rewards points have been automatically converted into Qantas Frequent Flyer air miles at my request, when I never requested it!

I note that in the Airline Partners conditions that "Automatic points conversion will not be available anymore for Qantas Frequent Flyer from 8th of December 2021." Perhaps Accor has sneakily decided to take the opportunity to 'cash out' my points balance to earn some final commission from Qantas on this.

Last edited by Maelstrom; Dec 3, 2021 at 3:17 pm
Old Dec 5, 2021, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by Maelstrom
Hello.

When I spoke to the customer service representative on the phone, she said that it was a "part of the terms and conditions" of linking the Qantas and Accor accounts that it automatically triggers an automatic Flying Partner points transfer. I asked her to email me a copy of the terms and conditions proving this, which she agreed to do.

However, in the email I received, she did not provide any such proof of terms and conditions to back up her statement. I think that she looked through the terms and conditions and realised her mistake and decided to say I had "activated an automatic Flying Partner points transfer" in my account. Which is also a false statement, because I never activated anything of the sort. I can't even figure out how to disable the automatic points transfer that was supposedly activated!
  • I have never set up automatic conversion on my account. My Rewards Points have been sitting there for ages waiting for me to convert to 40EUR credit at hotels. I have been doing ClubOpinions surveys to extend their validity. I know that converting the points to airline miles represents poor value for money, so I do not do it.
  • I linked my Qantas and Accor accounts on 17 November. I did not choose to enable an automatic transfer
  • I received an email on 19 November confirming I had linked my accounts. That email provided a terms and conditions document (viewable HERE)
  • Paragraph 10 of the the fineprint on the Accor website page for this partnership (viewable HERE) states [emphasis added]:
10. Members can convert ALL Reward points to Qantas Points in increments of 2,000 Reward Points which convert to 2,000 Qantas Points. See terms and conditions for further details.
I realise that the points haven't been 'stolen' from me - they will go to my Qantas account for usage. It will actually get me over the threshold to requalify for Points Club for the year, assuming they come through by end of December. But, that's not the point. The point is that I received an email confirming that my Rewards points have been automatically converted into Qantas Frequent Flyer air miles at my request, when I never requested it!

I note that in the Airline Partners conditions that "Automatic points conversion will not be available anymore for Qantas Frequent Flyer from 8th of December 2021." Perhaps Accor has sneakily decided to take the opportunity to 'cash out' my points balance to earn some final commission from Qantas on this.
I had this exact issue pretty much. Had Qantas number on my account from YEARS ago, switched back to earning ALL points years ago and no problem since. Never did anything around the recent Qantas promotion. BOOM points suddenly gone one random day just like you. Response was that I must've requested the conversion etc. Nightmare. I got my points back via Accor Plus customer service as goodwill, it was a lot of points. Nobody seems to know this is a gigantic tech error.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 3:03 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by znsm
I had this exact issue pretty much. Had Qantas number on my account from YEARS ago, switched back to earning ALL points years ago and no problem since. Never did anything around the recent Qantas promotion. BOOM points suddenly gone one random day just like you. Response was that I must've requested the conversion etc. Nightmare. I got my points back via Accor Plus customer service as goodwill, it was a lot of points. Nobody seems to know this is a gigantic tech error.
How interesting!

Despite the Accor rep initially saying: 'Any request to convert Reward points is irreversible. Indeed, once your points have been transferred to our partner Qantas it is unfortunately no longer possible for us to re-credit them to your account,' my points were returned in an 'account regularisation' three days after I complained.

Interestingly, either they couldn't be bothered dealing with me, or something fishy was going on in their systems, because they never bothered to contact me to either apologise, acknowledge the issue, or inform me that my points were being returned. They were just quietly returned without any attempt to contact me.

While my points are returned, I am still feeling pretty filthy with Accor about it and am concerned other members could be affected as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.