Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Yet another Accor brand: Emblems Collection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2021, 5:25 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

A hole in their bloated portfolio it may have been, but Accor has just launched their 39th brand, Emblems Collection.

This brand is to Accor what the Luxury/Autograph Collection are to Marriott, Unbound to Hyatt, LXR to Hilton and Vignette to IHG. But 39 brands. THIRTY-NINE.

This is madness.

khabah
Old Aug 26, 2021, 8:47 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
It will never end..... But seriously this is the first time I hear about it. There appear to be (checks notes) zero hotels associated to this "brand" at the moment.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 11:49 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I can understand having a lot of brands, when you have them because they were already existing and you acquired them. But, starting a new one from scratch when you already have 38 other brands? It seems like madness. Whatever it is they are hoping to do, or whatever new hotels they want to launch, can they not find a home for them in the existing mix?
Old Aug 26, 2021, 12:49 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
But which of Accor’s brands can be seen as completely independent? This brand seems to aim at luring in independent luxury hotels in trouble to gain visibility on a global marketing platform.

We haven’t seen if they are exempt of points or benefits yet. Time will tell.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Is that really a new brand or a kind of tag to the a few exceptional iconic hotels keeping their own brands. Like « Raffles Singapore, an Emblems collection hotel »
what will happen to Sofitel Legend ?
starflyergold and hotel_user like this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 5:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by khabah
This is madness.
I think Emblems Collection is a necessity. Other chains seem to be doing quite well with similar conversion brands.

I am not disputing Accor generally needs brand consolidation. But this one is crucial for signing up new properties.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
IME, Luxury Collection Hotels are better than their Autograph counterparts.
In fact I mostly stayed at Luxury Collection Hotel brands in my trips.

It would be amazing if Accor could start having equal competitor to those Luxury Collection Hotels.
lpolchlop and remymartin like this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 8:07 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by kaizen7
IME, Luxury Collection Hotels are better than their Autograph counterparts.
In fact I mostly stayed at Luxury Collection Hotel brands in my trips.

It would be amazing if Accor could start having equal competitor to those Luxury Collection Hotels.
That is because Luxury Collection brand is ex-Starwood and many come from the acquisition of CIGA Hotels (including crème de la crème of Italy). AutoCr^H^Hph I have never tried (and won't).
Old Aug 28, 2021, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Found the first hotel in this collection, hidden away in a development document: Le Vendôme Beirut, formerly operated as an InterContinental. I believe the hotel has been closed for a while, and is under Qatari ownership after a sale last summer.

No clue when it's opening, but it's the first.

khabah

Old Aug 28, 2021, 4:43 am

Loved by Emblematic Crowds - are they people who wear football jerseys?
Old Aug 28, 2021, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
When The Vendôme used to be an InterContinental hotel (interior design by Pierre-Yves Rochon).

hotel_user likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 11:34 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Such a collection of independent luxury hotels makes sense. But I lost overview of their 39 brands. Marriott has 32 by merging two well established sets of brands supported by an effective, attractive and relatively easy to understand loyalty program. I have got a clear idea what each brand is representing. Accor’s bunch of brands IMHO is too confusing meanwhile and the weak and difficult to understand ALL program not at all a good base to support it. I like many of Accor‘s and Fairmont’s original brands and hotels but meanwhile sadly gave up to stay there because of the loyalty program.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 1:22 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by khabah
Found the first hotel in this collection, hidden away in a development document: Le Vendôme Beirut, formerly operated as an InterContinental. I believe the hotel has been closed for a while, and is under Qatari ownership after a sale last summer.

No clue when it's opening, but it's the first.

khabah
No offense but the first hotel is in Lebanon, a practically failed state? What a very peculiar way to start a new "chain", especially one aimed at the top.
khabah and FLYGVA like this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by starflyergold
No offense but the first hotel is in Lebanon, a practically failed state? What a very peculiar way to start a new "chain", especially one aimed at the top.
Spot on. And one that looks like the photos above, straight out of the early 2000s?

Weak.

khabah
starflyergold likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 12:40 pm
Accor 25+ Badge

Here we go: Lebanon out, China in.
Accor has launched a new luxury brand called Emblem Collections, which will include boutique hotels and luxurious resorts around the world.

The brand will debut in China’s Guizhou province in December 2022, and its portfolio is expected to grow to 60 properties worldwide by 2030.

As suggested by the name, the brand will feature hotels that are emblematic of their designers, demographics or destinations, with signature features including “luxurious surroundings, Instagram-worthy pools and vibrant public spaces”.....
https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...ms-collection/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.