Novotel LIsbon, problem with refund

Old Jun 9, 2021, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Radisson Rewards Gold, , Accor All Gold
Novotel LIsbon, problem with refund

Hi all,

I have a problem with Novotel Lisbon. I booked a stay at 13.3.2021 for our holiday in July. It was prepaid price but book with confidence sales conditions, which mean free cancellation up to 3 days prior to arrival.
I cancelled this reservation at 18.5.2021.
They hotel hasn't returned my deposit 379. I've sent 5 mails to them but the hotel has ignored those mails completely. I haven't got a single response.
What should I do?
Could some one help me with this case please.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 2:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
What did they say when you called the reservations number?
Old Jun 9, 2021, 2:42 am
Original Poster

I cancelled the reservation via websites and then I've just written mails, my spoken English is that bad that it is much easier just write.
I have written mails to address [email protected], which should be valid address to front desk and as well few mails to [email protected] which should be straight address to hotel's GM.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 2:53 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
I also had problems with "book with confidence" rates last year : it took up to 6 weeks to be reimbursed after cancellation.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 2:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BorussiaPool
I cancelled the reservation via websites and then I've just written mails, my spoken English is that bad that it is much easier just write.
I have written mails to address [email protected], which should be valid address to front desk and as well few mails to [email protected] which should be straight address to hotel's GM.
Except it doesnt work like that. Hotels are generally terrible with emails. Just call.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I have noticed more and more that hotels do not monitor emails anymore or poorly. As others have said : call.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:40 pm

Programs: ALL Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I have noticed more and more that hotels do not monitor emails anymore or poorly. As others have said : call.
It's a really terrible development, but I always thought it is an issue that is only existing in China. Except of Sofitel hotels here, all other brands I encountered had some hotels that did not respond emails or where even the email address on the webpage was invalid (incl. Fairmont & Banyan Tree).

So when I do not get response answer to an email within one day, I call the hotel and ask if they received it. Usually not, and usually I am provided with a personal email address of the employee (just happened again yesterday with a booking for a Novotel).
Old Jun 9, 2021, 11:49 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
A perfect time not to communicate with your existing or prospective customers. Just perfect. It's almost like they don't need any income.... Oh wait, we are in the middle of a pandemic that almost wiped out the hospitality business. How hard is it to have someone monitor an email account?
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 12:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by starflyergold
A perfect time not to communicate with your existing or prospective customers. Just perfect. It's almost like they don't need any income.... Oh wait, we are in the middle of a pandemic that almost wiped out the hospitality business. How hard is it to have someone monitor an email account?
Harder than you think, for the way most hotels operate.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 4:38 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Do a charge back on your card.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Pretty amazing but I finally got help from All Accor customer support and the money has been returned to my credit card.

For me this was a first time that the hotel completely ignore all the emails. Sometimes some hotel may not have responded to the first email but the second one 100%.

And advices that call them don't help much if I wrote that I don't speak English. I'm Finnish, we don't like small talk. Normally if we say something we really mean it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.