Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Raffles The Palm Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2021, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club
Raffles The Palm Dubai

So it seems like the the Kempinski 'Emerald Palace' in the Palm Dubai will be rebranded as a Raffles hotel later this year. Short-lived management by Kempinski, it only last for about 2-3 years since 2018. Happy to see Accor take over though.

I stayed right next door at the W Palm a few weeks ago and it did look quite dead next door at the Emerald Palace - I actually believe it was fully closed then.

The W itself was practically full - tested out about 5-6 different Marriott-branded hotels in the UAE for over a month during their x2 nights/points promotion. Closed off with a stay at the Sofitel Obelisk though which was very good, and planning on the Raffles next time.

Quite a lot of activity going on in the Palm btw. A new St Regis has just opened there too - though it doesn't excite me as much as their properties in Abu Dhabi and Saadiyat Island, which are both fantastic.

For more info on this rebranding:

https://hospitality.economictimes.in...eirah/82794159
https://whatson.ae/2021/05/raffles-the-palm-dubai/
hotel_user likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Synthesis
So it seems like the the Kempinski 'Emerald Palace' in the Palm Dubai will be rebranded as a Raffles hotel later this year. Short-lived management by Kempinski, it only last for about 2-3 years since 2018. Happy to see Accor take over though.

I stayed right next door at the W Palm a few weeks ago and it did look quite dead next door at the Emerald Palace - I actually believe it was fully closed then.

The W itself was practically full - tested out about 5-6 different Marriott-branded hotels in the UAE for over a month during their x2 nights/points promotion. Closed off with a stay at the Sofitel Obelisk though which was very good, and planning on the Raffles next time.

Quite a lot of activity going on in the Palm btw. A new St Regis has just opened there too - though it doesn't excite me as much as their properties in Abu Dhabi and Saadiyat Island, which are both fantastic.

For more info on this rebranding:

https://hospitality.economictimes.in...eirah/82794159
https://whatson.ae/2021/05/raffles-the-palm-dubai/
Would love to hear more on the Obelisk. It looks fantastic but it seems like it isn't near anything. What are your thoughts?
Old Jun 13, 2021, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Los_Pepes
Would love to hear more on the Obelisk. It looks fantastic but it seems like it isn't near anything. What are your thoughts?
Just posted my review here for you: The "Please post your Accor ALL Elite experiences" 2021 master thread

Generally, very good. Could be even better and you'll understand if you see my review.

To get to most places you need to take the metro, taxi or own transport, but have to do that whilst staying on the Palm and the JBR Marina area too really.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Synthesis
Just posted my review here for you: The "Please post your Accor ALL Elite experiences" 2021 master thread

Generally, very good. Could be even better and you'll understand if you see my review.

To get to most places you need to take the metro, taxi or own transport, but have to do that whilst staying on the Palm and the JBR Marina area too really.

Thank you! I will read your review. Thanks for taking the time to post it.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone stayed at this property so far, wondering about the Club Lounge in apecial
Old Jan 11, 2022, 9:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Diamond, BA Gold, QR Plat
Originally Posted by Atlantico
Anyone stayed at this property so far, wondering about the Club Lounge in apecial
I posted about it in here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33621636-post298.html

also perhaps some mod can rename this thread to “Raffles The Palm Dubai”?
Old Oct 21, 2023, 3:26 pm

Any recent stays here? In particular thoughts on the pools/ambience. Thanks
Old Feb 4, 2024, 1:11 pm

Just returned from a 2-night trip there. I booked 2 standard rooms as a Platinum and Club lounge access was provided for both rooms, as well as a two-level upgrade to a Palm view room.

Breakfast at the lounge was really good, all hot items cooked to order (and which was done really well) and a small buffet of fruits, pastries, cold cuts, etc. The evening cocktail hour (which they call Aperitivo) was from 5pm to 7pm - it was a little light on hot menu items (just a handful of mostly fried items) but perfectly suitable for pre-dinner drinks.

From the photos of the interior decor I just couldn't bring myself to actually book the hotel, but I decided to just give it a try on a whim as it was strangely one of the cheapest 5* resort options this weekend. I'm very glad that I did, as the overall experience was a pleasant surprise and I can see myself returning when I want to check in and relax without leaving the hotel. The decor is still a little jarring but you get used to it, and then you see that it is quite a well run 5* resort with great F&B and service. It's a particularly compelling offering for Diamonds and Plats, as club rooms / access is otherwise quite expensive and it is pretty much an all-day offering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.