Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade to Platinum in mid of a stay

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2021, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX GO, Miles&Smiles Elite, Accor Plus Diamond
Upgrade to Platinum in mid of a stay

I will reach Platinum in the middle of my current stay in a Novotel. I have a back to back booking in the same hotel. Should I call the center and ask for the Platinum benefit once I cross the threshold? Many thanks.
Old May 30, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by chentaiman
I will reach Platinum in the middle of my current stay in a Novotel. I have a back to back booking in the same hotel. Should I call the center and ask for the Platinum benefit once I cross the threshold? Many thanks.
Ask from hotel during your qualifying stay. Your Platinum qualifying stay would not be posted until the mid of your next stay at earliest and therefore also the status update. The hotel may grant you the benefits, call center cannot do anything for you.
Old May 30, 2021, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
to OP : can I ask you which additional benefits (from Gold) you expect from becoming platinum "in the middle of your stay" ? Because, with the exception of club access, I don't really see. And you said it is a Novotel, so club lounges are not so frequent with this brand and many are closed in this Covid time. And, as said by Jaenks, you won't become officially Platinum until your qualifying stay is credited.
But you have no risk to try, especially if this hotel will be one where you may stay more in the future (it may be an incentive for the hotel to grant you lounge access, if any).
hotel_user likes this.
Old May 30, 2021, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
to OP : can I ask you which additional benefits (from Gold) you expect from becoming platinum "in the middle of your stay" ? Because, with the exception of club access, I don't really see. And you said it is a Novotel, so club lounges are not so frequent with this brand and many are closed in this Covid time. And, as said by Jaenks, you won't become officially Platinum until your qualifying stay is credited.
But you have no risk to try, especially if this hotel will be one where you may stay more in the future (it may be an incentive for the hotel to grant you lounge access, if any).
I would like to take advantage of the free breakfast offer. It's true the lounge is closed but can't I get my breakfast in the cafe instead? I will be staying in the same hotel for another month.
Goldorak likes this.
Old May 30, 2021, 9:55 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I would like to take advantage of the free breakfast offer. It's true the lounge is closed but can't I get my breakfast in the cafe instead? I will be staying in the same hotel for another month.
in such case I would negotiate with hotel and tell them your situation and expectation.
If you stay for so long in the same hotel, they should anyway give you some extra benefit.
hotel_user likes this.
Old May 30, 2021, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I forgot about the free breakfast indeed.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BinSabai
in such case I would negotiate with hotel and tell them your situation and expectation.
If you stay for so long in the same hotel, they should anyway give you some extra benefit.
No dice. Spoke to the front desk staff, he said just go back to him when my status is updated and will be granted the Platinum benefits.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

No dice. Spoke to the front desk staff, he said just go back to him when my status is updated and will be granted the Platinum benefits.
not really a surprise TBH.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 10:17 pm

sometimes it helps to talk to a sales person or manager if you stay so long in the same hotel
hotel_user and Fims like this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Checked out and checked in again today. Let's see how long it will take to update my status.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 9:47 pm

Checked out and checked in again today. Let's see how long it will take to update my status.
usually 3-4 days unless the hotel intentionally delay
Old Jun 4, 2021, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Surprisingly my status is already updated today. I am entitled to free breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktail.
BinSabai and Goldorak like this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 2:34 am

1 night short to be tiered up during a 5 night stay.

Has anyone had experiences asking the hotel to check you out after the first night? so the 1 night credit can be synced into Accor system.

not after any benefits during the stay, but hopefully to get recognised on the next hotel.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 3:23 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
No harm in asking, but they may expect you to pay for the un used room ( after you have checked out ) and try to sell the same room to you on re checkin - depends if pre paid and if the rates have altered after booking and the current wind direction.

Sometimes if you ask niceley and the gods of the Accor system are listening they will update as you move hotels.

Also as above what benefits are you hoping to get at the next hotel ?

If you are Accor Plus, ( gues from location ) maybe a quick e mail to the salse rep may help ?
zqsn5678 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by hotel_user
No harm in asking, but they may expect you to pay for the un used room ( after you have checked out ) and try to sell the same room to you on re checkin - depends if pre paid and if the rates have altered after booking and the current wind direction.

Sometimes if you ask niceley and the gods of the Accor system are listening they will update as you move hotels.

Also as above what benefits are you hoping to get at the next hotel ?

If you are Accor Plus, ( gues from location ) maybe a quick e mail to the salse rep may help ?
thanks for your reply. We are going to be in Paris for 5 nights and will complete the 5 night stay we booked. Just going to be 1 night short to move up the Accor tier.

As we know the Accor stay credit takes 3 days or so to be reflected in ones account. Hence why I asked if possible to “check out” after first night, have the 1 night stay credit sent to Accor system and hopefully by the time we check out or on to the next hotel, the status would be updated.

Hopefully explaining this situation / scenario to a hotel staff wont be too challenging.
hotel_user likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.