Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

What is the Diamond special little something

Old May 16, 2021, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Received my brand spanking new Diamond Accor Plus card along with a welcome letter stating:

We are honoured to welcome you as a Diamond member and enclose your new membership card. Plus, there's a special little something we reserve exclusively for our Diamond members.

Is the special little something an empty envelope?
Old May 16, 2021, 6:58 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Extra small apple?
Jasper2009 likes this.
Old May 16, 2021, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Extra small apple?
Not just small, but imaginary.
hotel_user and Fims like this.
Old May 16, 2021, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Received my brand spanking new Diamond Accor Plus card along with a welcome letter stating:

We are honoured to welcome you as a Diamond member and enclose your new membership card. Plus, there's a special little something we reserve exclusively for our Diamond members.

Maybe the "little surprise" is the excitement some people may get out of searching for something that isn't there?

Just like the 4x25 Euros dining certs Diamond members were promised, but never received.

Although, I seem to recall Diamond members receiving a small note pad, or was it a small wallet? Paging @CanadaDH...
Old May 16, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Maybe the "little surprise" is the excitement some people may get out of searching for something that isn't there?

Just like the 4x25 Euros dining certs Diamond members were promised, but never received.

Although, I seem to recall Diamond members receiving a small note pad, or was it a small wallet? Paging @CanadaDH...
I did receive a light grey-coloured Diamond membership card in the mail. I think I might have received a small passport holder, but my memory is a bit fuzzy. That could have been before Diamond was introduced. If there was anything else sent along with that, it certainly wasn't very memorable.

The only tangible benefit of Diamond, was the 100 Euros in dining certificates that were never provided. Otherwise, it's the same as Platinum. I suppose if you want to really get picky, another advantage of Diamond is that if you fail to requalify, you will soft-land to Platinum, which gives basically the same benefits as Diamond. So, consider reaching Diamond to equal 2 years of Platinum without needing to requalify.
hotel_user likes this.

Last edited by CanadaDH; May 16, 2021 at 12:40 pm
Old May 17, 2021, 4:05 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Am about to also Qualify for Diamond and cannot truly see the point of its existence other than to signal to the Hotel that you are that little bit more special. The only Platinum gift I ever found use for were the bluetooth headphones until they glitched into Chinese and a day later the right speaker stopped working - then they were E waste.... I tell a lie, my wife uses the keyring because it carries her Oyster card (metro card) that she never uses and could just tap her phone for instead !
Oh don't you get more unusable suite night upgrades ? I've still not managed to use one as the hotels I go to always say "but sir we always give you a suite anyway why use it" or " sorry none available"
hotel_user likes this.
Old May 17, 2021, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree that Diamond benefits are rather weak (especially given the spending requirement!). That being said, there are some decent benefits:

1) Complimentary breakfast on weekends can be a useful perk, especially for those mainly travelling for leisure / mainly taking weekend trips (of course the "weekend restriction" is rather petty)
2) When dealing wih hotel management regarding client stays, Diamond status certainly has been a factor when negotiating deals.
3) At some hotels SNUs are completely useless, while at others there are some spectacular opportunities (incl. upgrades from ~Junior Suites to specialty suites that would otherwise cost several thousand dollars a night). Having to call Accor each time to enquire about SNU rates / eligible rooms/suites is a huge PITA, but there are some great opportunities if you look for them...
Old May 17, 2021, 6:30 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I agree that Diamond benefits are rather weak (especially given the spending requirement!). That being said, there are some decent benefits:

1) Complimentary breakfast on weekends can be a useful perk, especially for those mainly travelling for leisure / mainly taking weekend trips (of course the "weekend restriction" is rather petty)
2) When dealing wih hotel management regarding client stays, Diamond status certainly has been a factor when negotiating deals.
3) At some hotels SNUs are completely useless, while at others there are some spectacular opportunities (incl. upgrades from ~Junior Suites to specialty suites that would otherwise cost several thousand dollars a night). Having to call Accor each time to enquire about SNU rates / eligible rooms/suites is a huge PITA, but there are some great opportunities if you look for them...
I would only need half the fingers on one hand to count the number of times I've used the free Diamond breakfast since it was first introduced, and my travels are exclusively for leisure. I'm normally gone for a week or more at a time, so only 2 of every 7 days would potentially qualify. And most of the time, I'm either booking on Fairmont Gold, or some suite that comes with breakfast anyway at that particular hotel. I suppose for some travel patterns, it might be worth something.

For the SNUs, I don't really consider them a Diamond benefit. They're a Platinum benefit, and the more points you earn, the more SNUs you receive. If they were to remove the Diamond tier completely, or double the points requirement to receive it, the SNUs earned would still be the same.

Good to know about negotiating better deals. My only experience since Diamond was introduced, is as a Diamond member. So if I've managed to get better upgrades because of it, then that's a good benefit, although it's difficult to measure without seeing how non-Diamonds make out when booking at the same properties. Booking for a variety of clients, you would be in a unique position to see those differences .
Old May 17, 2021, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Am about to also Qualify for Diamond and cannot truly see the point of its existence other than to signal to the Hotel that you are that little bit more special.
Unless you are breakfasting at a certain Mercure overlooking Brisbane where I was presented a bill to sign for breakfast and upon telling them that I was a Diamond member , the response was "only Platinums get free breakfast" They had never heard of this status called Diamond but they did accept it when I told them I was that little bit more special than Platinum.
Old May 19, 2021, 11:41 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Unless you are breakfasting at a certain Mercure overlooking Brisbane where I was presented a bill to sign for breakfast and upon telling them that I was a Diamond member , the response was "only Platinums get free breakfast" They had never heard of this status called Diamond but they did accept it when I told them I was that little bit more special than Platinum.
That's brilliant and I'm sure swelled a bit of deserved pride as well, though is again only the same as Platinum no?
Old May 24, 2021, 8:08 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Accord ALL Diamond

I received a "wollen Italian" scarf in my box/envelope.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 9:41 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I manage to reach Diamond from my last Raffles Bali stay.

Will let everyone know what size of apple I got
Goldorak and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaizen7
I manage to reach Diamond from my last Raffles Bali stay.

Will let everyone know what size of apple I got
Here's hoping that you get the apple with the golden worm
kaizen7 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 3:21 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I would only need half the fingers on one hand
It must have been a rather gruesome accident, and we are very sorry to hear of it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.