Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Fairmont Mother's Day Gift Card Sale Returns (May 5, 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2021, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE

I normally see the announcement on the Fairmont facebook feed, but I think this is the first time I recall seeing an announcement in a promotional e-mail.

It appears to be the same as prior sales, with a 20% bonus card given against the total spend in a single shopping cart transaction made during the 3 hour period.

One can only hope the technical issues that the supplier had on Black Friday have been worked out. But in case not, I would suggest making your purchase early in the 3-hour promotion window. $5,000 is the most you can buy in a single shopping cart transaction, so you will need to use a different credit card to make additional purchases and still receive the bonus.

The e-mail says May 5, 2021 from 2-5 PM EST. I would assume they mean 2-5 PM EDT, since we're currently in Daylight time here, not Standard time. It has always been based on Toronto time during past sales.
tex1721, gcashin, patrickw and 3 others like this.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

As usual, posted to the Fairmont facebook feed a week ahead of the sale...

Terms and conditions posted here:

e-Gift Card Promotion Rules & Regulations - Fairmont, luxury Hotels & Resorts

To be eligible to receive a bonus e-gift card purchasers must first purchase one or more Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (“FHR”) or Willow Stream Spa (“WSS”) e-gift cards online. Each brand-specific e-gift card purchase must be completed separately, up to a maximum purchase value of $5,000 CAD, USD or EUR (per credit card, per brand-specific shopping cart. Upon approved qualifying purchase the purchaser will receive a separate bonus e-gift card worth 20% of the value and currency of the brand-specific e-gift card(s) purchased up to the maximum purchase value per customer credit card, per shopping cart. Maximum eligible bonus per brand-specific purchase, per customer credit card is $1,000 CAD, USD or EUR.
SkyteamEP likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 4:35 am

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club
Thanks for the headsup CanadaDH . Gonna snag 1-2 vouchers up for upcoming travels.

Hope all is well with you btw. In Abu Dhabi now and was in the St. Regis just opposite what was going to become the Fairmont Abu Dhabi Marina - a very impressive building which would have made an awesome addition to Fairmont's portfolio in the UAE - was supposed to open just before corona came along...
Old May 5, 2021, 11:24 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Fairmont GC Purchase Bonus Day

Fairmont is running one of their 20%-bonus-on-GCs days starting in about half an hour.

Does anybody know how these code? (I'm trying to decide which CC to credit mine to.)
Old May 5, 2021, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Well that worked much easier this year! No technical glitches. No credit card approval issues. Gift cards arrived in my e-mail within seconds of completing my purchases!
SkyteamEP likes this.
Old May 5, 2021, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

There is already a thread on this, but they will not be coded as a "travel" purchase for the purpose of a credit card spending category bonus. The sale isn't charged directly by Fairmont, but rather from their gift card service.
Brendan likes this.
Old May 5, 2021, 8:50 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
I got each gift cards twice in my mailbox. At first I thought I got twice the amount, but no, they are just duplicate
Old May 6, 2021, 2:04 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Thanks for the heads up about the date of the sale, I was able to re-up my stash which had gone empty!
Old May 6, 2021, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkyteamEP
I got each gift cards twice in my mailbox. At first I thought I got twice the amount, but no, they are just duplicate
Maybe they were making up for the problems last fall, when many people didn't get any cards initially! Based on the issues on Black Friday, I blocked out 2 hours in my calendar just in case I needed to call in to sort out problems. It turned out I only needed 5 minutes to make 3 basket purchases full of cards.
Brendan likes this.
Old May 8, 2021, 7:15 pm

I did not have any problems in the past with my card purchases.

new this year is a summary page where your bonus cards are stated prior the final purchase.

no more uncertainty about if the bonus will be received.

worked flawless for me other than receiving 2 emails for every gift card purchased.
Brendan likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by reggie108
I did not have any problems in the past with my card purchases.

new this year is a summary page where your bonus cards are stated prior the final purchase.

no more uncertainty about if the bonus will be received.

worked flawless for me other than receiving 2 emails for every gift card purchased.
They had that change during the last two sales, for both Mother's Day 2020 and Black Friday 2020. But I agree it's a positive step. The old system worked flawlessly from a technical perspective, but you had to go on faith that the bonus card would arrive, since there was no mention of it during the checkout process. It was nice to see that for this round, they worked out the bugs, and the process was fast.
SkyteamEP likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 10:31 pm

I have purchased every period (2x per year) with this sale for about 4 years. Max out at $5k per period. This was the first time i have seen the summary page.

I agree it worked flawless. From final click to the gift cards delivered by email. Id say 3 minutes.
Old May 10, 2021, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by reggie108
I have purchased every period (2x per year) with this sale for about 4 years. Max out at $5k per period. This was the first time i have seen the summary page.

I agree it worked flawless. From final click to the gift cards delivered by email. Id say 3 minutes.
I do the same. $5,000 x 3 credit cards x 2 times per year. It's one of the best deals going. I went back to my screen prints from the past several years. Mothers' Day 2020 was when they started the new system. Black Friday 2019 was the last one of the old system where the purchase confirmation didn't show the bonus.

This screen print was from the sale last spring...

Old May 10, 2021, 7:53 am

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I do the same. $5,000 x 3 credit cards x 2 times per year. It's one of the best deals going. I went back to my screen prints from the past several years. Mothers' Day 2020 was when they started the new system. Black Friday 2019 was the last one of the old system where the purchase confirmation didn't show the bonus.

This screen print was from the sale last spring...

Hehe hardcore, $18000 x2 per year )
Old May 10, 2021, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Synthesis
Hehe hardcore, $18000 x2 per year )
Ever since the Costco deal to buy LifeExperience certificates at a 25% discount stopped with the start of COVID, I'm been using the Fairmont gift cards as my exclusive method of payment. I'm still hopeful that Costco will resume selling travel and experience gift certificates on their website, once travel becomes popular again. As much of a pain as it is to redeem LE certificates in $100 denominations, the 25% discount vs. a 17% discount made it worth the effort.
Brendan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.