Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Fairmont Mother's Day Gift Card Sale Returns (May 5, 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Mother's Day Gift Card Sale Returns (May 5, 2021)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2021, 9:37 am

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Ever since the Costco deal to buy LifeExperience certificates at a 25% discount stopped with the start of COVID, I'm been using the Fairmont gift cards as my exclusive method of payment. I'm still hopeful that Costco will resume selling travel and experience gift certificates on their website, once travel becomes popular again. As much of a pain as it is to redeem LE certificates in $100 denominations, the 25% discount vs. a 17% discount made it worth the effort.
I'd totally do the same. Would be nice if Accor had some more deals like that this side of the pond.
Not many Fairmonts this part of the globe unfortunately
Brendan likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Synthesis
I'd totally do the same. Would be nice if Accor had some more deals like that this side of the pond.
Not many Fairmonts this part of the globe unfortunately
They used to do gift card discounts on Swissotel and Raffles in the past. If you search through their facebook posts, you can probably pull them up. I don't remember anything other than a 10% discount on Raffles. We don't have any Raffles and only 1 Swissotel on this side of the pond, so I've never taken advantage of those deals. These deals have historically been brand-specific, and not corporate-wide.
Old May 14, 2021, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Synthesis
Hehe hardcore, $18000 x2 per year )
that's awesome!, brings a smile to my face at what $18k can buy at a Fairmont, but really if you are consuming that type of product, might as well get 17%off

I use to book the Whistler Fairmont with Amex FHR, one of the terms of FHR you have to pay with Amex card, i have since canceled the Amex Platinum because i didn't want to pay the annual fee during Covid times. I switched to a Virtuoso booking, so i can freely use the gift cards as payment. I do miss being able to check rates with the Amex site, with Virtuoso, i have to contact a human travel agent, they have to check and get back to me, etc...
Old Mar 24, 2024, 8:52 am

Sorry to bump an old thread, but have they been running this Mother's Day sale the last couple of years? Looking to take advantage of this if possible for an upcoming stay this summer.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 9:01 am

Fairmont did not have the sale last year. I’ll be watching for it this year, but think it unlikely.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
I wish! But, it seems to be a dead offer. I'd seen similar discounts on gift cards with other chains, and they appear dead too. I guess the travel market is still too heated.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:10 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
It is "interesting|", in some markets some high end chains seem to be "dumping|" some rooms rates through some credit cards or booking sites.

I found Raffels in Siem Reap for 150 usd on Booking last week cf the web site rate of 300 usd ( obs no points etc ) but thats 150 saving
Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:23 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
then book on accor and submit best rate guarantee; you will earn points and get all benefits if brg goes through
Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:33 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by escape4
then book on accor and submit best rate guarantee; you will earn points and get all benefits if brg goes through
lol

Sorry - it will be a room type that is only avalible on Booking or other websites and not Accor ( and no free apple )

However my point was that I am noticing some softness in the "secondary" reselling market and some offers that are only avalible to cards such as Amex Plat ( spend 700$ and get $100 back as a statement credit )

Without going into detail ( not the place for it ) IMHO things like Japan inflation and recession talk in Eurpoe and USA elections are like a line of dominions waiting. I hope I am wrong.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:39 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Yeah but nonetheless, generally speaking if rooms become more frequently cheaper on various third party websites than on Accor, we can (theoretically) exploit it.
hotel_user likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.