FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Stay paid partially by points - Full value shown on folio? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/2034000-stay-paid-partially-points-full-value-shown-folio.html)

ldnhlj Feb 11, 2021 12:47 pm

Stay paid partially by points - Full value shown on folio?

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a recent folio paid partially by ALL points? Does the folio show the full room rate and total amount (before deduction of points value) as well as full VAT amount? I am asking because I am trying to decide if to use some points for an upcoming business stay which I will be fully reimbursed.

Thanks a lot for your input!

southlondonphil Feb 11, 2021 10:19 pm

I had such stay recently, the folio showed the total amount for all charges due, and listed the proportions that were paid by points and billed to the card.

VAT amount appeared to be in respect of the full VATable amount (stay was in Dubai and the multiplicity of taxes and fees, and which of them also incur VAT, is way too complicated to reverse-engineer from the final amount, but it looked right)

I'm still waiting for points and nights credit on this stay, the nights are in my history but not included in my total nights, and there is no points credit for the card spend element.

Accor's Missing Points contact form doesn't give me an acknowledgement email and I have no idea if my messages are being received or read, so it looks like I will need to call them in the morning as it's now been a couple of weeks since I checked out.

hotel_user Feb 12, 2021 7:20 am

My 2c worth would be to pay the business stay with "cash", ie not points, unless they are about to expire. It will make it easer for you to claim the whole amount back.

We use the points for personal stays, as have found that some accountants will not pay for something that is "earnt" as a bonus. What you can also do is to use a cash back site to maximize your cash retention ( you will possibly get 2 - 5 % back eventually and its not shown on the receipt from the hotel - as they never see that you have used a cash back site - and pay with a point or cash back card as well or Amex )

Obviously YMMV in this.

Often1 Feb 12, 2021 7:23 am

OP is based in Germany. But, for a US taxpayer, if one were reimbursed cash by an employer and paid in whole or in part with anything else, e.g. points for which one had not paid with post-tax income, the value of the points portion would become taxable income. For this reason, many US employers will not do this as it creates complicated accounting issues.

FLYGVA Feb 15, 2021 4:58 am

Originally Posted by ldnhlj (Post 33031079)
Hi guys,

Does anyone have a recent folio paid partially by ALL points? Does the folio show the full room rate and total amount (before deduction of points value) as well as full VAT amount? I am asking because I am trying to decide if to use some points for an upcoming business stay which I will be fully reimbursed.

Last time (November 2020), the amount was dedcuted and the folio showed the rates minus the amount of the used points.

Which - by the way - was fine for me, as I used points from previous business stays and of course these point had to be used to reduce the cost of another business trip ...

std.flyer Feb 17, 2021 2:02 am

Originally Posted by ldnhlj (Post 33031079)
Hi guys,

B4S: your points will deduct the bills after Tax (no deduct rates + gratuities before Tax),
BWP (burn when booking online): not sure about this, but I do believe the Tax should follow the remain Unpaid balance (after deducting your points value)