FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   What to do with expiring ALL points? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/2033801-what-do-expiring-all-points.html)

ACR2013 Feb 8, 2021 9:41 am

What to do with expiring ALL points?

There is no Accor hotels in a reasonable distance, and travel is still restricted, so no chance I can use earned points. Any ideas how not to lose them? It used to be a voucher conversion for a later use, but seems like it is also gone.

bellerophontes Feb 8, 2021 2:25 pm

What about converting to miles?

ACR2013 Feb 8, 2021 6:32 pm

The conversion rate is really bad, 40 euro/ $48+ for 1K miles

fifty_two Feb 9, 2021 2:50 am

thats the main problem of such conversions , but its better than nothing , nowadays i see many programs signing partnerships between each other allowing you to do something with your points you can't use

Last option is to give to charities

ACR2013 Feb 9, 2021 10:05 am

Originally Posted by fifty_two (Post 33025309)
thats the main problem of such conversions , but its better than nothing , nowadays i see many programs signing partnerships between each other allowing you to do something with your points you can't use

Last option is to give to charities

Yes, but not due to Covid when Accor just take advantage of the situation and doesn`t honor what is earned (my points are all for stays, not a free bonus). Among all hotel loyalty programs, ALL has 12 months expiration while a standard is 24 months if no activity, not just a restricted stay activity as with ALL.

sfo Feb 9, 2021 10:11 am

What if you book something with your points for many months from now and then cancel prior to the arrival date, would not the points go back into your bank?

ACR2013 Feb 9, 2021 10:59 am

Originally Posted by sfo (Post 33026173)
What if you book something with your points for many months from now and then cancel prior to the arrival date, would not the points go back into your bank?

With so many changes to redemption options (one example is not issuing vouchers for a later use), I don`t have a current data if what you suggested to do is valid. For one, ALL restrict on how to keep an account open - only by staying at a hotel. Maybe someone who had a similar experience will clarify.

Goldorak Feb 9, 2021 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by sfo (Post 33026173)

No they won't. Same as with airline miles.

Goldorak Feb 9, 2021 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by ACR2013 (Post 33023687)
There is no Accor hotels in a reasonable distance, and travel is still restricted, so no chance I can use earned points. Any ideas how not to lose them? It used to be a voucher conversion for a later use, but seems like it is also gone.

Can you share in which country you are ?

ACR2013 Feb 9, 2021 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 33026730)
Can you share in which country you are ?

USA

Goldorak Feb 9, 2021 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by ACR2013 (Post 33026758)
USA

So you have some Accor hotels in your country. OK I know it's a big one :D and I don't know in which state you are, but your best option is to book a stay in the US using your points at the time of booking for may/june or the summer. It is reasonably safe to assume that you will be able to reach the place at that date.

ACR2013 Feb 9, 2021 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 33026803)
So you have some Accor hotels in your country. OK I know it's a big one :D and I don't know in which state you are, but your best option is to book a stay in the US using your points at the time of booking for may/june or the summer. It is reasonably safe to assume that you will be able to reach the place at that date.

You are too funny lol
Sure, will spend $500 for a flight and a few hundreds more just to redeem ALL points at a hotel with limited offerings due to covid. Sure will do. Not.
My points will expire before May/June, so you are funny even more.

sfo Feb 9, 2021 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 33026725)
No they won't. Same as with airline miles.

Regarding your reply, my airline miles never expire, as with many airlines, and if I cancel they are posted back to my account. Perhaps you can clarify your statement regarding this.

Goldorak Feb 10, 2021 12:28 am

Originally Posted by ACR2013 (Post 33026927)
You are too funny lol
Sure, will spend $500 for a flight and a few hundreds more just to redeem ALL points at a hotel with limited offerings due to covid. Sure will do. Not.

happy to be considered funny, we need that in current times...
you know, I was referring to a concept called vacations or just an extended weekend somewhere to have some good time with your loved ones. Many people do that around the world, including in the US, and even in COVID time. You should try one day. Yes, it costs a bit of money, it’s part of the concept, but I am sure you’ll love it.

Originally Posted by ACR2013 (Post 33026927)
My points will expire before May/June, so you are funny even more.

Obviously, I was not clear : I was suggesting to make the booking (using your points during the process) before the points expire, for a stay after the expiry date.

Originally Posted by sfo (Post 33026994)
Regarding your reply, my airline miles never expire, as with many airlines, and if I cancel they are posted back to my account. Perhaps you can clarify your statement regarding this.

My statement was indeed referring to programs with miles expiring at a certain date. There are a lot like that when accounts become inactive (in many programmes, miles do not expire providing there is still activity on the account).

fifty_two Feb 10, 2021 6:46 am

Originally Posted by ACR2013 (Post 33026157)
Yes, but not due to Covid when Accor just take advantage of the situation and doesn`t honor what is earned (my points are all for stays, not a free bonus). Among all hotel loyalty programs, ALL has 12 months expiration while a standard is 24 months if no activity, not just a restricted stay activity as with ALL.

ok so if you cant organise a stay within 12 months as goldorak suggested , you can either transfer to a partner , give to charity or let them expire, meanwhile you can contact the support and ask for an extension , but if its not in their policies then they will probably say no