Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

What’s the most efficient way to cheaply earn points to extend validity?

Old Dec 21, 20, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam

What’s the “best” way to earn points to extend account balance validity? Best being defined as cheap but also high likelihood of actually getting credited (cheapest approaches sometimes aren’t worth the effort needed to ensure the credits actually post).
Old Dec 21, 20, 12:27 pm

At the moment the advent calendar definitely the easiest and free way to achieve points extension. All you need is win 250 points in one of the days and all your reward points will get extended by a year when it is credited to your account.
Old Dec 21, 20, 4:07 pm

https://collections.accor.com/

Takes 2 months to credit from the date the transaction shows as pending, which occurs more or less reliably depending on the merchant (0% for groupon, 100% for itunes in my limited experience). If not an Apple user, I recommend ordering a cheap doodad from aliexpress (about 80% success rate on over 20 orders here) on the French website (merchant was removed from US website last week), e.g. a >$1.25 charging cable with free shipping.
If you use the US site, beware that it appears ALL actually credits 1 point per €, not per $, despite the posted rate.

Once you get the 'Your x Points are on the way' email, points reliably post in almost exactly 2 months, 2 days after you get the 'You've collected x Points' email.
If no email within a few days of the transaction, it was not registered properly. Temporarily authorizing all cookies, disabling adblockers etc. helps.
Old Dec 21, 20, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by patrickw View Post
All you need is win 250 points in one of the days
0% win rate all month here...
I don't live in one of the countries eligible for the prizes.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Dec 21, 20, 11:35 pm

Programs: LeClub AccorHotels / Accor Plus (Platinum), Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Dine at a participating hotel restaurant and pay with an eligible card registered to your ALL account.

Surveys through Club Opinions.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Dec 22, 20, 9:13 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
Dine at a participating hotel restaurant and pay with an eligible card registered to your ALL account.

Surveys through Club Opinions.
Club Opinions is very good advice.

CT
Old Dec 22, 20, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Castleford Tiger View Post
Club Opinions is very good advice.

CT
... for members based in the UK, France, Canada, Brazil, Australia, China, Germany and United States.
Like most survey sites nowadays, they are proficient at detecting VPN's.
Old Dec 22, 20, 9:37 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by SFO_FT View Post
What’s the “best” way to earn points to extend account balance validity? Best being defined as cheap but also high likelihood of actually getting credited.
book a one night stay in a hotel (anywhere on earth) where you can earn rewards/status points/nights

Then after the checkout date reach accorhotels support and tell them you had to cancel your trip due to covid (for instance XXX shut down borders or forbid citizens from your country to enter, etc .... like in UK for instance ) you do not want reimbursement/vouchers/etc cause you know you won't come back soon .... just to credit the night/points even if you did not check-in (i guess the hotel need to accept but i think its not going to be a problem, as they have their money and you would have receive the nights/points in case you could check-in anyway)

This year i had 2 times such case when corporate trips got cancelled and none of the options available were suitable

Last edited by fifty_two; Dec 22, 20 at 10:20 am
Old Dec 22, 20, 8:32 pm

Programs: LeClub AccorHotels / Accor Plus (Platinum), Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by fifty_two View Post
book a one night stay in a hotel (anywhere on earth) where you can earn rewards/status points/nights
I would be cautious pursuing this strategy. The hotels are under no obligation to provide rewards and status if the guest has not physically stayed at the hotel, regardless if the room is prepaid or not.
Old Dec 23, 20, 12:53 am

Programs: FB Gold, BA Blue; BW Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, Wyndham Gold
I was just planning to stay one night at the Pullman in Redwood City for around a $100. It is the cheapest Accor, among very limited options, in our region. This brand is mostly for my non-existent Europe travel, sigh.
Old Dec 23, 20, 3:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor ALL Gold
I would be cautious pursuing this strategy. The hotels are under no obligation to provide rewards and status if the guest has not physically stayed at the hotel, regardless if the room is prepaid or not.
Yes , i do agree , and this is why i mentionned that hotel most probably needs to agree , but covid changed the game , so i just gave OP feedback about what happened to me
Old Dec 24, 20, 7:42 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
I find even a takeaway coffee works (even if I only get 3 points, it moves the date along...)
Maelstrom and hotel_user like this.
Old Dec 24, 20, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by perthite View Post
I find even a takeaway coffee works (even if I only get 3 points, it moves the date along...)
Yeah when I worked at an Accor property last year, I paid for my staff meals with my registered credit card and earned points that way, which was a pleasant surprise.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Dec 25, 20, 4:38 pm

I think you can also donate points to charity, if you were looking to just extend your point expiry date. Not sure what the donation amounts are.
Old Dec 25, 20, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
I think you can also donate points to charity, if you were looking to just extend your point expiry date. Not sure what the donation amounts are.
Does using points extend validity? I was told only earning points does.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: